Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

6.0 casts about strategies

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Eonwe^^ May 6 2016, 09:22 AM
This thread its mainly for Destroyer but I want to know other opinions as well so I came up with an idea( inspiration Dani replays ) of making something like guides of some mu on Destroyer channel. I imaging that as casting a normal game but with strategic or tactical potential, it can be short to show people how to play specific mu and with some commentatory of Destroyer it could work out pretty well. Also this game should be named sth as "How to play.. "or "How to use sth". Some people can say you can go on gr site dowloand a replay and watch but look that on our site the max dowloands of replays are about 40 and on the Destroyer channel are about one thousand and he has got 3000 subscribers. In that case most people could learn this game better , encourage them to play 2.02 cause of different strategies and they wont be scared to play this patch cause they will have some knowledge. So basically in my opinion it can bring some more good players to that community by that. What you think of that ? And is it possible for you Destroyer to make something like that ?

+
# 2Volber May 6 2016, 10:38 AM
Its not a bad idea, but I think he would need some serious help with this since there are a lot of things to talk about. He would need to have a discussion with an expert who has won every matchup so far and knows some optimal strats, lastly I think he also needs a good replay for each of the matchups and that may be hard to find. I'm not sure if commentating over a replay is the best way to do it but the other way around would require a lot of editing.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3brabox May 6 2016, 13:34 PM
One (easy?) thing to implement would be for casters to invite a cw player to provide some more insight into the replay that the caster may be unaware of, ie. a dual commentary. If you have a cast like that for every MU, you'll sort of have what you're suggesting.

Your idea probably results in shorter, more "to the point" videos, which is easier for people to extract info out of than 30+ min of casting with occasional strategic talk. However, these short tutorial videos would be more work per minute of content.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 4Gatecrasherr May 6 2016, 13:46 PM
Co casting some games would be the way to go.

To be honest there isn't much strategy in rotwk.. spam, micro, macro, power usage and building placement in that order are the only important things.

Everyone plays by the one "strategy" which is "build shit that you dont think will die easily". in some games you can condition your oponent and play some strategic mind games but it's not worth the effort in this, better off concentrating on the above imo.

+
# 5TheRingisHot May 6 2016, 16:33 PM
Hopefully, by the end of the year, I'll be willing to afford a new system (I'm waiting for amd to release poláris and eventually zen). I was planning to tacklr something like that, if it would not exist yet. Do not nail me down on that though.

This post has been edited by TheRingisHot: May 6 2016, 16:36 PM

+
# 6TheDestroyer001 May 6 2016, 20:04 PM
QUOTE(TheRingisHot @ May 6 2016, 08:33 AM) *

Hopefully, by the end of the year, I'll be willing to afford a new system (I'm waiting for amd to release poláris and eventually zen). I was planning to tacklr something like that, if it would not exist yet. Do not nail me down on that though.

If you could ever do that then go for it! I myself have turned down this idea in the past as I'm not a really good player to talk about strategies as much as others and also I don't really have time to do this so probably won't happen tongue.gif

+
# 7Phoenix May 7 2016, 02:36 AM
I do want to transition to more video content in the future. I'd be happy to lead the push myself, but I am spending more time coding/planning these days than casting sad.gif. Maybe when I am done with the new launcher and a few other behind-the-scenes projects I can try something out. My YouTube account is gathering dust at this point.

Oh on a related note, I am upgrading my Internet upload speed to 100 Mbps tomorrow, which means I could upload videos at an insanely fast rate biggrin.gif.

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
# 8Strykeypoo May 13 2016, 20:13 PM
As someone who hasn't really played heavily since 2.01 but still likes to watch casts of games, I'd really enjoy something like this. Things like why Shelob is being used, the lack of buff stacked Mordor Archers and why Dwarves aren't taking down two resources buildings and a production building with their first phalanx can sometimes go over my head.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)