Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Best Anorien Replays Collection

Would you like to change the current Hall of Fame system?
83.33% (15)
Yes, the replays need to be updated
16.67% (3)
No, things should remain the old way

Total Votes: 18
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1QuikSilwer Aug 23 2014, 22:46 PM
Greetings everyone,

this topic has been created in a response to the clearly completely outdated Hall of Fame as only 3 (in words three) replays have got into it in the modern era of BFME gaming, since 1.04 patch release in 2011. All of them are 1v1 replays, last 2v2 game dates back to summer 2009 and with all due respect, the gameplay does not even remotely match nowdays standards. But most importantly, half of the replays in the Hall of Fame were played on 1.02 therefore useless for 99% of today‘s community and the rest dates back to early BFME years when the optimal strategies have not been discovered yet, naturally, which makes their watching kind of pointless. Again, I do not intend by any case to insult players from those times, they have smoothed the path for us and given the foundations to nowdays strategies and we’re all grateful for it. I’m just being realistic when I say it’s time to deposit these replays to some new place and make a space for the best what present games can offer.

Fact that in last 4 years we’ve been able to push only 3 replays into the Hall of Fame is a different case. Unfortunately it tells a lot about this community because the cause is not absence of decent replays but an egocentrism and stained relations among the players who would rather downvote a great replay than to see in the Hall of Fame someone who once called them noob. The fact that not even such a masterpiece as this was enough to make it in clearly states that it would take at least successful laborer rush to put a 2v2 replay into the Hall of Fame. It’s obvious that relations within the community simply won’t let 4 players to shine alone after all those years. The only solution I can see consists in founding a new Hall of Fame for the awesome modern BFME era and adding a compilation of 10-15 most rare replays of past 4 years. Here is my personal list.

Since there are literally tons of great games and it’s not in power of one man to watch them all, I’ve simply choosen the most remarkable well performed games I’ve seen in last couple of years, putting the accent on creativity and originality of the gameplay favouring rather imbalanced matchup. I’m sure lots of you will disagree with my choice as everyone’s seen different replays. Feel free to share your favourite games and comment why would you upvote or downvote replays displayed below.

IPB Image

Replay #1 [click to redirect to original post]
Felixanius IPB Image nazarova IPB Image versus Xehanort IPB Image Unikorn IPB Image

Cold-blooded precision. One short look at the matchup and it’s obvious for everyone which team is pulling the shorter end of the rope. Nevertheless Xeha/Uni‘s well-managed starting micro and Ra’s a bit longer warm-up gave them a solid ground to mid game. When uruk army is finally gathered and sets for a march to Mordor, we are witnesses to Xeha being enlightened by some superior force as he suddenly stops producing trolls and switches to save money for a Witch-king. A geniality of this move is displayed a moment later when all uruk batallions without banners flee away in fear of nazgul screetch, being trampled to the dirt by horses or smashed by trolls. What’s more, at this point Unikorn starts to feel it’s his turn to add some creativity into a well kicked-off game as he refuses to bring infantry and simply beat enemy using leadership overpower and chooses heroes & full horse army. What comes next is a concert of basicly errorless micro and exemplary teamwork from the Mordor team perspective while neither of their opponents remains ashamed, shifting the match upon a new level.

Micro ★ ★ ★ ★ | Strategy originality ★ ★ ★ ★ | Overall entertainment ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Replay #2
Kerkyra IPB Image StiWie IPB Image versus Ra IPB Image chyna IPB Image

More action than in Bruce Willis' movie. Most of you will probably give me the truth if I claim the Gondor/Isen vs Rohan/Isen matchup to be generally the most watchable one because of the nonstop little fights all over the map supported by ideal conditions to enjoy rushing isens‘ bases. As we can witness in this particular replay, this matchup is also the fastest powerpoint harvest there is while it doesn’t take much longer than 20 mins to reach superpowers. For sure one of the most entertaining replays on the site, although the final result unfortunately strongly affected by the lag factor, at least for StiWie’s team.

Micro ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Strategy originality ★ ★ ★ | Overall entertainment ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Replay #3
IlPrincipino IPB Image chyna IPB Image versus Kerkyra IPB Image Unikorn IPB Image

Hollywood ending. Inconspicuously starting match slowly maturing like a french wine. Classic mixture of knights and rohirrim archers playing its exhausting but crucial hit’n’run game with enemy, struggling to rank up heroes and grab as many powerpoints as possible. With all those horses running around and dodging enemy replay is not much of a feast for the audience but the course of the match necessarily leads to a confrontation of full armies as Isen finally brings siege to knock on castle gate. From this point game changes gear and doesn’t slow down until the very end which probably causes till this very day sudden waking up in middle of the night.

Micro ★ ★ ★ ★ | Strategy originality ★ ★ ★ | Overall entertainment ★ ★ ★ ★

Replay #4
Kerkyra IPB Image nazarova IPB Image versus Xehanort IPB Image chyna IPB Image

Brilliant teamwork balances an unfavourable matchup. While having Gondor on your side versus mixed Forces of Light is more than less playable situation, getting Rohan as a partner is a real challenge. Someone might object to fact that FoL side let itself be carried away by ease of the matchup – especially chyna seemed not paying attention at times – but if everyone showed a perfect performance the stronger matchup would always win so nobody would watch replays. Yet FoL’s slight misconcentration shouldn’t diminish the credits of the Mordor team as they pulled off an exemplary teamwork, especially several well timed troll healings without necessity of using beacon are worthy of noticing. As the game heads to its late part, a helplessness of the FoL side becomes more and more obvious as they cannot hammer in the perfect defense of their opponents and the reins of the game slowly pass to new owners. If anyone doubts about the strength of the orc infantry, this replay will quickly change his mind. Another reason to include this game is to prevent myself from accusation that chyna hired me to build him a monument.

Micro ★ ★ ★ ★ | Strategy originality ★ ★ ★ ★ | Overall entertainment ★ ★ ★ ★

Replay #5
chyna IPB Image IlPrincipino IPB Image versus StiWie IPB Image Alan IPB Image

Tribute to creative mind. When you’re trapped in a Mordor/FoL mirror and enemy side manages to grab a middle sooner, you have only one option - improvisation. Despite a huge amount of minor mistakes and IlPrincipino‘s inexplainable suicidal behaviour in the late game, somehow I feel this replay simply must be part of this collection.

Micro ★ ★ | Strategy originality ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Overall entertainment ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Replay #6
chyna IPB Image Dexter IPB Image versus Xehanort IPB Image ReiCasca IPB Image

The Great Game. Makes no sense to introduce this game, if you haven’t seen this replay yet, it’s probably your first day on gamereplays.org. If 20 wubs in the modern era of this game don’t speak for themselves, most of players I’ve spoken with denominate this replay as the best Anorien replay in the recent times. While something like that is highly disputable as every matchup has its unique specifics, one thing is sure in my eyes. Although I wouldn’t want to diminish the credits of other players included in this game – especially Dexter had some really nice moments – this game was clearly a one man show. The way chyna split his army and micro’d it separately throughout one hour long game is the best individual performance in a 2v2 match I’ve ever seen. The fact it still wasn’t enough to squeeze it into the Hall of Fame is an evident proof that the entrance rules must be changed. Or, you know… that everyone hates Casca.

Micro ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ | Strategy originality ★ ★ ★ ★ | Overall entertainment ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Replay #7
Ra IPB Image chyna IPB Image versus Orange IPB Image Arkurios IPB Image

Mirror game at its best. A watch worthy confrontation of same armies using different strategies. After a bit sleepy beginning as the game circumstances dictates to start with Lurtz the match quickly takes breath. While Ra walks along the classic aggresive path with normal horses, Orange experiments with rohirrim archers and Legolas which allows him to snipe enemy from distance as he joins his partner in a defensive position. The course of the match necessarily heads to superpowers to decide who’s going to be the winner and who the loser as neither of the teams seem able to gain the final advantage. While Isens naturally have the dominant role in this matchup and Rohans work only in supportive way, Orange doesn’t seem to bother much and in my eyes is the player of the game. Carefully watch the Isen power point counter when the Army of the Dead steps upon the scene.

Micro ★ ★ ★ | Strategy originality ★ ★ ★ ★ | Overall entertainment ★ ★ ★ ★

Replay #8 [1.06]
Who hasn’t seen, won’t believe. Spend 10 mins of your life.

Replay #9
StiWie IPB Image Unikorn IPB Image versus Kerkyra IPB Image Alan IPB Image

Epic ending with a very decent Gandalf usage. Despite a high number of wubs I hesitated long whether to include this replay or not because it lacks the Rohan element as I find it to be the most various army constantly pushing the game forward due to its disadvantage at late game. However last 5 minutes of this match brought some very convincing arguments.

Micro ★ ★ ★ | Strategy originality ★ ★ ★ | Overall entertainment ★ ★ ★ ★

This post has been edited by QuikSilwer: Aug 23 2014, 23:08 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2Amateur`Hour Aug 23 2014, 23:23 PM
Quite the post, well done smile.gif

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3Felixanius Aug 24 2014, 07:56 AM
Great work Quik!

+
# 4Fishy Aug 24 2014, 10:14 AM
Brilliant post + I agree with everything you said.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 5Earendil Aug 24 2014, 10:40 AM
wub m8 smile.gif

Ark|n|Orange that were great cw times <3

+
# 6IlPrincipino Aug 24 2014, 14:43 PM
I agree with this, Quick. Very well put! thumb.gif
QUOTE(QuikSilwer @ Aug 24 2014, 00:46 AM) *

IlPrincipino‘s inexplainable suicidal behaviour in the late game

Haha biggrin.gif

I miss these times in Gameranger <3

+
# 7Kerkyra Aug 24 2014, 19:30 PM
Replay 1 : No (unikorn's replay)
Replay 2 : No (lag+lose)
Replay 3 : No (same reason as above)
Replay 4 : Yes (my rep+win)
Replay 5 : Yes (mates)
Replay 6 : No (noob game)
Replay 7 : No (didn't watch it)
Replay 8 : No (attempt to piss off)
Replay 9 : No (noob ally)

+
# 8feary Aug 25 2014, 17:42 PM
good work. will watch some of these if I haven't already.

Clan: [Wise]

+
# 9QuikSilwer Aug 31 2014, 15:31 PM
twelve people with opinion, that's it?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)