Explore GameReplays...

StarCraft 2

Bought SC2 ... Starter Edition?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1BajeDad Dec 24 2013, 16:30 PM
Hi all! New member here.

Sorry to start off my first post in a huff, but that huff is the underlying reason I joined:

I bought SC2 "Wings of Liberty" this month. Paid $30 in Walmart. I get set up with battlenet and start playing, but all the time I'm playing (single player) I get this message saying I should upgrade my "starter edition." Eh, what? Then, after playing about 5 scenarios, and maybe 7 hours of play time, the game says, "OK, bucko, you are done until you upgrade from starter to full." WHAT? I look at the box I bought, and nowhere on it does it say "starter edition." To look at the packaging, I get the message that this is it: buy this box and you get the full game.

I remember playing SC SP + MP for HUNDREDS of hours for my initial purchase. Now I don't know what to think. If I buy Heart of the Swarm, will that give my another pathetic 7 hours of gameplay? I can easily afford any reasonable price for the game, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth to think I'm giving money to deliberate swindlers.

I guess my real question is: What is the rate structure for this game? Most importantly: What, exactly, do you have to buy in order to play the FULL SP campaign?

Thank you kindly to whomever will leave a clear answer to the question.

+
# 2L3gendary Dec 24 2013, 17:14 PM
You have to make an account on battle.net and activate your cd key and then login to the client with those credentials. Anyone can install the client for free.

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 3Squaggle Jan 4 2014, 04:19 AM
I guess you haven't registered your CD-Key with your Battle.net account. I would love to give you step by step help but I have lost my old phone which has my authenticator on it so I cannot currently log into the site. If you are still having trouble when I find my phone I will be more than happy to assist you in sorting this out smile.gif

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: Forged Battalion

+
# 4Crazio Jan 14 2014, 21:34 PM
QUOTE(Squaggle @ Jan 4 2014, 04:19 AM) *

I guess you haven't registered your CD-Key with your Battle.net account. I would love to give you step by step help but I have lost my old phone which has my authenticator on it so I cannot currently log into the site. If you are still having trouble when I find my phone I will be more than happy to assist you in sorting this out smile.gif

Ye exactly like these guys said. You have to link the cd key you got with your game to a battlenet account and with that account you have to log in. Than you shouldn't get any more of that starter edition crap wink.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)