Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Bug Report / Complaints Thread

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SeñorEcthelion Oct 9 2015, 21:40 PM
IPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB ImageIPB Image

Allright felllas; 1.08 has been a very stable patch, it has been the "official unnoficial" patch for longer time than 2.06. Such patch's end had been the cune of a little baby monster (2.07, 3.01, 3.02, 3.03, 1.07) who took 1 year more to grow up and become into 1.08.

IPB Image

This 1.08 patch has practically made useful almost every hero, added more fun factors like grond, sauron, galadriel, few new special effects, added collector editions cosmetics, balanced a couple of match ups (being its best example in my opinion Dwarves vs Mordor, followed by Men vs Dwarves, then Men vs Goblins, Mordor vs Goblins, etc), added a proper widescreen support, beacons with lifetime, new colors, new maps, a few new skills (Pippin, Merry, Sam), added heal support for evil factions, made units rank to 10, made invencible units like Glorfindel actually be killeable, made sure of make absolutelly all archers useful, fixed a couple of bugs and glitches (dragon fire breath).

IPB Image

But, as most of the competitive players know, there are still imbalanced match ups, few bugs, few glitches, few human errors from patches pre and post 2.06, a particular disorder in the statics of level 10 ranked units, bad 2vs2 gameplay, few evil units particullary "OP" (subjetively talking)

So the creators of this patch have been working for a new project called officially; "1.08.2". Popullary known as:

Attached Image

This version is made with the excuse of;
Attached Image

So we, the modders, are promoting BFME2 converting it into a new game with more graphics.

-More visual value; models, special effects, floors for every faction.
-Few new abilities ("Treebeard Rage of Fangorn", "Shelob web", "Gimli Axe Storm", "Saruman Word of Power")
-A huge list of bug fixes, errors fixed, unnintentional messy balance changes, flyers nerf, fire archery effectiveness, a suited heal respawn system.
and, final and obviusly,
-Balance changes; under the very special eye of El Señor Bunito, an organic machine (orgasmic too) capable of think on every BFME2 patch history, all players opinion and his own and very true experience to elaborate very good changes. OfCourse, a machine able to keep a dinamic opinion and not be stubborn.

So; here he want to read everything about everything.

I want to read every single complain, suggestion, idea, subjetive critice, hypotesis about FX, balance, beacons, maps, everything.

Attached Image

I will be closing asses by the way, so come with proper arguments bras.

ACTUAL 09 FIXES,

CODE

-Fixed Rivendel Lancers not ranking to level 10.
-Gimli Slayer radius damage affecting allies fixed.
-Fixed fireworks being detonated by enemy Merry detonate buttom.
-Fixed crebain/bats being damaged without arrows.
-Fixed drogoth fireball gaining unintentionally 1/4 more damage per rank.
-Fixed sharku gaining double damage per rank.
-Sam lifetime higher than hobbits lifetime fixed.
-Fixed Wyrm breath glitch. Now she won't take orders while doing the breath attack.
-Glorfindel dismounted glitch fix: sword delay between shoots 800ms from 1ms.
-Legolas melee glitch fix: knife delaybetweenshots 800ms from 1ms.
-Fixed normal dwarf tower having summoned armor and heal/leadership behaviors.
-Blackrider dismounted glitch fix: sword preattackdelay now 500ms from 100ms.
-Goblin king sword glitch fix: sword preattack delay now 400ms from 100ms.
-Fixed dwarven mine not gaining the intentional and generic production bonus at level 3. (+35% from +20%)
-Now Isengard player can not mount converted Witchking. So we avoid the bug of wk converted to isengard permanently.
-Fixed dwarven bullrush VFX duration bug.
-Fixed elven banner carrier usable without eregion forge.
-Fixed a minor error in the formation of orcs and goblins.
-Aragorn and Lurtz getting stuck till abort the carnage mode when trying to cast it inside an enemy horde fixed.
-Fixed Men Infantry Banner carriers NOT respawnING dead units every 7s, from 10s
-Fixed dragon strike getting blocked and stuck till the object who blocks him dies.;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;LIE. NEED TO TEST MORE.
-Fixed mordor gate watcher aplying debuff when it is not fully built.
-Fixed builder teleport bug.
-Fixed bug with Summoned Hobbits and Men of Dale Horde having infinite lifetime once they got revived.
-Fixed bug with flyers dealing additional damage to structures when they are targeting another nearer object.
-Bug fixed: Men of Dale Summoned being able to use Black Arrows.
-Bug fixed: treebeard not being able to use its bombard ability.
-Fixed errors in the formation of the hobbit horde. Its remade now.
-Haradrim lancer description and tooltip actualised to their actual function (like axe throwers)
-Fixed bug with Galadriel being not able to cast oathbreakers around herself.
-Some Special Powers like Legolas Hawk Strike arrow, and Gimli Axe Throw penalty against catapults and trebs now also includes the dwarven catapult,
-FIXED BUG WITH SPELL STORE, DISABLING THE POWER POINTS SOMETIMES. (FPS RESTORED. 30 FROM 33)
-Bug Fixed: Sam having no animation when throwing FireCracker
-Men fortress changing of damaged model now is fixed. (corrected)
-Fixed lifetime bug with summoned rangers. (individual rangers having longer lifetime)
-Fixed error causing the mighty catapults be shockwaved, bugging the visual object.
-Fixed spider riders speed in unit (not horde). It once was reduced, but unit speed was not touched.
-Fixed men of dale, lorien archer and mirkwood winning the double of damage that they are supposed to earn per rank, becoming overpowered on high ranks when they are upgraded with fire arrow/silver thorn arrow.
-Fixed a lot of errors in the kidnof of nature units( like bats, trees, ravens, etc), being atacked, healed or aimed by certain spells, like gandalf lightening.
-Fixed gondor archer gaining unnintentional stats.
-Fixed rivendell cavalry not ranking to 10.
-Fixed the experience awards of all units.
-Fortress slaved spiderlings doesn't take leadership anymore.
-Fixed bug with Men of Dale & Axe Thrower of Battle Wagon being crushed, making them useless.
-Fixed bug with flyers instantly killing battlewagons when they are targeting another nearer object.
-Fixed crossbowmen bombard trajectory and weapon.
-Fixed mirkwood archer bombard trajectory and weapon.

This post has been edited by SeñorEcthelion: Oct 9 2015, 23:33 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2Xelenos Oct 9 2015, 22:26 PM
I notice that unit inside the BattleWeagon can get trempled like Men of Dale, while they are turning around and around in a perpetual move i do't know if they attack. but it will be good to fix that.

Issue Hapened once on 1.08:
-Invincible Hobbit yeah maybe we have to look into this agains.
-Dragon Strike still attacking or blocked by the structure and doing damage.

+
# 3SeñorEcthelion Oct 9 2015, 22:49 PM
QUOTE(Xelenos @ Oct 9 2015, 19:26 PM) *

I notice that unit inside the BattleWeagon can get trempled like Men of Dale, while they are turning around and around in a perpetual move i do't know if they attack. but it will be good to fix that.

Issue Hapened once on 1.08:
-Invincible Hobbit yeah maybe we have to look into this agains.
-Dragon Strike still attacking or blocked by the structure and doing damage.

-fixed
-fixed
-DS to be tested, but kinda fixed.
IPB Image

This post has been edited by SeñorEcthelion: Oct 9 2015, 22:56 PM

+
# 4Xelenos Oct 9 2015, 22:56 PM
Lurtz pin Power(level2) don't work, it happened several time to me, power is used and oponant hero not pined, out of range or sometime he just don't do it.

Nazgul who can't move anymore too staying on his position and acting like he is running.(hope you know what i mean it's like he is pinned for no reason)

+
# 5SeñorEcthelion Oct 9 2015, 23:04 PM
QUOTE(Xelenos @ Oct 9 2015, 19:56 PM) *

Lurtz pin Power(level2) don't work, it happened several time to me, power is used and oponant hero not pined, out of range or sometime he just don't do it.

Nazgul who can't move anymore too staying on his position and acting like he is running.(hope you know what i mean it's like he is pinned for no reason)

-Lurtz happen indeed because the casted unit ended out of the range, Cripple Arrow has more range now anyways. Btw its level 4 not level2
-I DO know the error you talking about, you have to send a order again. but its really annoying, i will check if it can be fixed.

IPB Image

This post has been edited by SeñorEcthelion: Oct 9 2015, 23:11 PM

+
# 6ArCh4Ng3L Oct 9 2015, 23:24 PM
excavations do not heal biulders

+
# 7ArCh4Ng3L Oct 9 2015, 23:25 PM
grond cannot attack mordor fort

+
# 8SeñorEcthelion Oct 9 2015, 23:30 PM
QUOTE(ArCh4Ng3L @ Oct 9 2015, 20:25 PM) *

grond cannot attack mordor fort

QUOTE(ArCh4Ng3L @ Oct 9 2015, 20:24 PM) *

excavations do not heal biulders

fixed fixed

+
# 9RanDoM'L0L Oct 9 2015, 23:58 PM
Legolas hawstrike does the same as lurtz pin if unit runs out of range. I believe it works with the same mechanics. Would be good to set some sort of filter for that. If the unit that should be pinned or hawkstroke runs out of range, the power is either not used or your hero moves forward.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 10Xelenos Oct 10 2015, 00:01 AM
Is the builder bug a solvable issue ?, i' atalking about the fact sometimes we can't build near the ford during the first minute of the game

+
# 11SeñorEcthelion Oct 10 2015, 00:43 AM
QUOTE(Xelenos @ Oct 9 2015, 21:01 PM) *

Is the builder bug a solvable issue ?, i' atalking about the fact sometimes we can't build near the ford during the first minute of the game

ye everyone know it as "the red bug", i don't think we can solve it thru our human hands, but it definetively does not happen on ROTWK. (or does it...? only otto might know) i guess its something about "game.dat"

+
# 12SeñorEcthelion Oct 10 2015, 00:58 AM
QUOTE(RanDoM'L0L @ Oct 9 2015, 20:58 PM) *

Legolas hawstrike does the same as lurtz pin if unit runs out of range. I believe it works with the same mechanics. Would be good to set some sort of filter for that. If the unit that should be pinned or hawkstroke runs out of range, the power is either not used or your hero moves forward.

i could try with different options but i can't test it by myself

+
# 13RanDoM'L0L Oct 10 2015, 01:07 AM
Trying to build anything on spots where any enemy structure once was and got destroyed is like serious pain. Not that noticable with farms but forts mainly.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 14Maru Oct 10 2015, 01:39 AM
Anyone know how to stop Men/Dwarves Guardian pike/cav combo when playing as Elves in 2v2? You're literally fucked so hard tongue.gif

Clan: New Generation

+
# 15SeñorEcthelion Oct 10 2015, 04:56 AM
with men wood? i guess all you can do is keep a god-like micro and you better have Rallyingcall and some stronk ally

remember to don't let guardians take down a single mallorn being buffed by rallyingcall or they will get level 2, then bullrush then bullshit.

+
# 16ArCh4Ng3L Oct 10 2015, 06:32 AM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Oct 10 2015, 02:43 AM) *

ye everyone know it as "the red bug", i don't think we can solve it thru our human hands, but it definetively does not happen on ROTWK. (or does it...? only otto might know) i guess its something about "game.dat"

It does occur in rotwk as well but quite rarely (around fort), tho its also clear that the ground in general is way more fittable to biuld anything at very close distance in contrast to bfme2..which is sth I feel that is missed from the latter.

+
# 17Val` Oct 10 2015, 07:00 AM
That thing with Lurtz pin is not a bug. I prefer it as is

Clan: Unr3al

+
# 18SeñorEcthelion Oct 10 2015, 08:43 AM
QUOTE(Val` @ Oct 10 2015, 04:00 AM) *

That thing with Lurtz pin is not a bug. I prefer it as is

it happens on every single hero anyways, so better not touch

+
# 19SeñorEcthelion Oct 10 2015, 08:50 AM
IPB Image

+
# 20Excelsior Oct 10 2015, 09:37 AM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Oct 10 2015, 10:43 AM) *

it happens on every single hero anyways, so better not touch

Surely not Wounding Arrow and Eomer and Eowyn's spear throws. As far as I know those are fine.

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)