Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Can anyone from BFMe1 claim.....

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1cesarspooky Sep 15 2014, 07:42 AM
Can any BFME 1 player claim to be a pro at BFME1 and BFME2 and was ranked among the top 10 for a good period of time

+
# 2Felixanius Sep 15 2014, 11:11 AM
Orange is the only pro from bfme I who played some time bfme II and was good I guess. Dunno if he is top ten there, probably not.

I played some weeks bfme II and could join "good players"-rooms after like 5 games and even win several. So I'm very sure skill in bfme I is far bigger than in bfme II..

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 3cesarspooky Sep 15 2014, 21:39 PM
so bfme1>bfme2 when it comes to skills, i was thinking that we should make a clan to go up against their best players and claim the tittle of the best BFME clan and show them the we have better players than them

+
# 4Robbie Sep 15 2014, 22:26 PM
A lot of the older players played both so you will notice some who appear on dated top XX lists for both games. I don't think you can judge the required skill on such a basis Felix. You probably got good reasonably quickly because you had the mindset to do so and being good at one RTS doesn't require you to learn a whole new skill set to pick up another. I suspect it would have taken you much longer to be anywhere near the level of the actual pros of the game though, although I don't know if there are any pros left playing.

Clan: LeGenD`

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 5y0shi Sep 15 2014, 22:29 PM
Having a gun doesn't make you a cop

+
# 6Felixanius Sep 15 2014, 23:13 PM
The best players of bfme 2 would ofc still bash us, cause we don't have the practise of years. I just mean that if a bfme I pro plays bfme 2 for 2 months he will be one of the better players. Other way around bfme II pro plays bfme I 2 months -> he would still not be better than med-good.

But I have no prove it's just what I felt when I played bfme II.

And furthermore I don't want to play any more games bfme II. It's so much worse gameplay-wise than bfme I...

[edit] all this was written before I saw last 2 comments smile.gif

+
# 7Robbie Sep 15 2014, 23:20 PM
Yes I agree BfME2 is a boring game but I think you are wrong about the skill thing, I think you realised already you based it on no evidence biggrin.gif. One of the really good players in BfME2 wouldn't take long at all to adapt to BfME1 since it has a fairly low cap for learning new strats. And there were many people who were pro at both in the past.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 8Brice` Sep 15 2014, 23:25 PM
if what u said is true, then for sure u played only 1.06 or 2.01, many gd players rooms there are..erm..

the few gd players left on bfme2/rotwk are only on 1.08/2.02, wil require time to beat them, gameplay and strats on bfme1 are rly different

Clan: GoF|

Game: contributorprofiles

+
# 9Earendil Sep 16 2014, 07:28 AM
Bfme 1 and bfme 2 are different games. Units (except heroes) are very different to handle.

But when you are pro in bfme 1 it is more easy to become pro in bfme 2 in a short time because you only have to learn strategies, the abilitys for units and the intense macro which is needed in bfme 2.

The other way round it is more difficult I think.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)