Explore GameReplays...

CNC Generals

Can we have a donations link here on CCG page for tourneys?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1krew Nov 14 2015, 10:40 AM
For example, once in a while, I would like to donate money to collect for tourneys. I'm sure other people would like to as well. That way, a referee can ask the person who is in charge of the donation box if they can do a prize tourney. I would throw little bit of money often into it.

Clan: iWuB

Game: Generals 2

+
# 2THEDOM- Nov 15 2015, 12:42 PM
Np, I can give you my paypal address. Just give me your money, I ´ll administer it trustfully, you can be sure.

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 3krew Nov 15 2015, 13:13 PM
Yes... Perhaps a gamereplays official?

+
# 4THEDOM- Nov 15 2015, 13:18 PM
Well it´s definitely a good idea... Maybe we can arrange some 2v2 GR tourneys next year ?!

I´ll see what I can do... maybe it´s time to spend something as well.

+
# 5xezon Nov 16 2015, 12:36 PM
GenTool had donation link for a few months recently, and there were 4 donations total. Most of them with very minor amounts. I don't think many people consider donations.

Clan: MENTAL

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 6krew Nov 16 2015, 12:41 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Nov 16 2015, 06:36 AM) *

GenTool had donation link for a few months recently, and there were 4 donations total. Most of them with very minor amounts. I don't think many people consider donations.

Those donations were not going to be used for 100% tourney prizes though, I don't think?

+
# 7xezon Nov 16 2015, 15:44 PM
For paying GenTool data storage

+
# 8Specovik Nov 17 2015, 18:07 PM
QUOTE(xezon @ Nov 16 2015, 15:36 PM) *

if, for example, I and Crew will throw off into the general treasury of $5 (each month), then to the next WS16 is possible amass at least $120 prize pool. it is possible that for the year somebody else will throw money.

Clan: WbG

+
# 9krew Nov 18 2015, 00:23 AM
QUOTE(Specovik @ Nov 17 2015, 12:07 PM) *

if, for example, I and Crew will throw off into the general treasury of $5 (each month), then to the next WS16 is possible amass at least $120 prize pool. it is possible that for the year somebody else will throw money.

Like I said, if there was a donations link on the CCG portal that I can directly PayPal money in donation of tourney prizes, I would use it.

+
# 10THEDOM- Nov 18 2015, 18:47 PM
The donation button isn´t the problem, Krew. If you really want to donate something, just do it... I have no problem to administer it. Maybe I am going to donate something as well.

This post has been edited by THEDOM-: Nov 18 2015, 18:50 PM

+
# 11xezon Nov 18 2015, 19:17 PM
QUOTE(THEDOM- @ Nov 18 2015, 20:47 PM) *

The donation button isn´t the problem, Krew. If you really want to donate something, just do it... I have no problem to administer it. Maybe I am going to donate something as well.

THEDOM = Domberman ? I doubt people would trust you enough to send you money.

+
# 12THEDOM- Nov 18 2015, 20:15 PM
Well, I am very trustworthy. Give me the money, and I´ll give it back plus 10-20 € (I would spend) at the right moment to the right player (after prize tournament). That´s how it should work and that´s how it would be.

That´s the only important point, that ppl wants to spend and they just should do. Most of the time nothing happens besides talking about who can administer it post-13661-1143531603.gif

This post has been edited by THEDOM-: Nov 19 2015, 10:52 AM

+
# 13Diamond- Nov 23 2015, 16:19 PM
Toxic, I remember you mentioned a Revora donation possibility. Is that official or not?

I think if some people spend money, then tourneys might get somewhat attractive. But we should also include livestreams with commentary then. Also I would like the idea, that not only the winner gets it all, but also 2nd and 3rd place still get something. For example say, winner gets $30, 2nd place still receives $20 and 3rd place $10.

+
# 14ToxicShock Nov 25 2015, 08:57 AM
QUOTE(_Rob @ Nov 23 2015, 16:19 PM) *

Toxic, I remember you mentioned a Revora donation possibility. Is that official or not?

I think if some people spend money, then tourneys might get somewhat attractive. But we should also include livestreams with commentary then. Also I would like the idea, that not only the winner gets it all, but also 2nd and 3rd place still get something. For example say, winner gets $30, 2nd place still receives $20 and 3rd place $10.

Donations to Revora, which are much needed and appreciated, are used to help pay for the server and infrastructure. If you guys want to donate to tournament prizes for events hosted on C&C:Online, I have a PayPal account for that; Shatabrick Tournament Donations ([email protected]) but please say that the donation is for Generals.

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 15Specovik Nov 25 2015, 09:34 AM
QUOTE(ToxicShock @ Nov 25 2015, 11:57 AM) *

Donations to Revora, which are much needed and appreciated, are used to help pay for the server and infrastructure. If you guys want to donate to tournament prizes for events hosted on C&C:Online, I have a PayPal account for that; Shatabrick Tournament Donations ([email protected]) but please say that the donation is for Generals.

we will be honest with you - we are not interested Donat just in Revora. Yes, it sounds silly. But we want to pour money only purposefully into development community-Generals. We are not interested in other games - such as CnC3/RA3 and etc. Just create a button that, when clicked, we can add a little money only on protect Generals/ZH. We are interested in only the support of tournaments and other projects - for this game and this addon.
p.s. Yes. I am personally need to learn (as detailed as possible), how to transfer money through PayPal or WebMoney. Last time when I tried to transfer money to WebMoney, I simply lost them =/
I had even had the idea to sponsor the ladder "ZH revora (shatabrick)" each month the winner is awarded ladder $5 (10 in to future, because 5$ to russland = 2 days live). and I have such an opportunity (to spend the a measly $ 5).

Clan: WbG

+
# 16THEDOM- Nov 25 2015, 16:16 PM
I will spend 20 or 30 € soon. I would like to see a 2v2 GR Tourney played on revora next year maybe (20€), the rest should be a donation for revora...

I will contact you about that soon, Toxic.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)