Command and Conquer 3

C&C Tiberium Secrets Project returns

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1General Jist Nov 5 2015, 20:38 PM
Greetings,

our project:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/tiberium-secrets

Furthermore,
In recognition of all the C&C Community Staff members here at GR, I'm pleased to offer all past, present, and potentially future Staff of any C&C game section closed testing privileges for the duration of our project.
`
Please email:
[email protected]

With:
1. your full name
2. user name
3. proof of Staff affiliation in good standing with GR (email is fine)

Please also create or use an existing moddb account and track our developments.
Upon completion, you will receive a link to the closed testing section of our forums, where you can check in with the rest of the current closed testers.

Thanks for your time,
-Jist

This post has been edited by General Jist: Nov 5 2015, 20:59 PM

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+
# 2IISpartacus Nov 6 2015, 14:47 PM
Any reason it needs to be limited to staff here? I'm sure there are some fine folks around here that would be more than happy to give some constructive feedback.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3General Jist Nov 23 2015, 22:51 PM
oh,
I hope no one took that to mean "only Staff get closed testing" and no one else here ever does.

All I meant is that all past present and future staff get it automatically, due to their service to the C&C community.

It's still something those non staff can earn, and if you are, or have been a consistent map maker, I'd consider it, but I, along with most serious game dev people don't consider just "playing games" a qualification in itself.

The only potential exception to that is if your a hardcore ranked eSports level player (I even find that a bit fringe TBH)
I'm sorry, but no offense, I'm not a star struck person who thinks great gamers are gods, now if you can transfer those strategic and hand eye coordination skills to serve in some way then ya sure.)

I'm trying to recognize those who have served their community by stepping up and serving their fellow players, not just those who have stunning hand eye coordination, and who have memorize standard build orders.

Because when your developing an RTS, each has ther place in time, but when there are new units, and new mechanics, the old build orders won't help, and often the hard core gamer doesn't understand that things will be different then what is currently seen,and it's a work in progress, and usually don't know the difference between alpha, Beta, and patching. And usually get upset when things are "balanced".

Your job as a tester is to say "this is not balanced, might be because X, Y, Z, look into it.

Not:
I'm not having fun since I'm not able to do all the cool stuff I want, and won't it be better if X did this instead of what it currently does, ya, that be so much better, that way I can win easier....

or
I don't agree with how the core mechanics work, wouldn't it be better if you changed the entire design so I can make my favorite faction/ strategy/ unit OP....

Sorry, for getting on my high horse a bit, and sure these are generalizations, feel free to prove me wrong, and earn your place as a systems breaker, but unless your critically thinking to that tactical level, or have previous QA testing experience, you can wait till open testing to "play".

PS.
Any existing Closed Tester can recommend others for Closed testing, but your almost "referring them for a job", so keep that standard in mind.

Alternatively,
if your staff on any other C&C community site, then your also in, what I'm mainlly looking for is solid critical thinkers, which are hard to find these days.

This post has been edited by General Jist: Nov 23 2015, 23:31 PM

Game: Command and Conquer 4

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)