Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes

Check my math on brit resource buildup? Somethi...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1jdlev Jun 29 2016, 00:02 AM
So after controlling most of the map for the game, this player spams staghounds and comes back to beat me...which frustrated the hell out of me because I controlled 80% of the map for the first half of about a 45 minute game...

When I went back and looked at the replay...I noticed his resources weren't really adding up (see screen shot). I probably just don't know all the ways brits can get fuel/ammo bonuses, but I couldn't figure it out.

In the shot below, the guy had one LT - which I have no idea if they add a fuel and ammo bonus - but the +24 on his fuel seems high to me. He's got the following captured:

+10 Fuel
+8 Fuel (+5 w/ supply truck)
+5 Standard Game Fuel

To me that adds up to 23, but his fuel shows 24...does the supply truck add +1 to all territories beyond the one it's captured?

IPB Image

Here's another one that's even worse...I can't figure out how this adds up to +32 for fuel:
He's got:
+10 x 2
+5 x1
+5 Standard Game Fuel

30...yet his fuel shows 32?

IPB Image

It's like whenever he has a +10 fuel captured, it's actually adding +11 to his fuel count? What's giving him the +1 for the +10 fuel sectors...but not a +1 for the +5 fuel sector?

+
# 2djw2104 Jun 29 2016, 19:12 PM
I believe that is the way the numbers stack up. I think that there might have been something posted somewhere way back "in the mists of time" either in the Balance Forum or the Strategy Forums.

It would be like looking for a needle in the proverbial haystack and currently I just haven't got the time to go searching for any data. sad.gif

Game: None

+
# 3ScuttleShip Jun 29 2016, 20:36 PM
Unsure, without having played the game recently I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to tell you. It would be worth trawling through the forums for it.

Could he have had OP's on any of the points? It's entirely possible it is a bug though but sadly I don't think the game is being supported for bug fixes anymore.

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 4spoing Jun 30 2016, 14:53 PM
I cannot find the stats page but the numbers presented are actually off. A strategic point gives 2.998 or something like that. The numbers on the medium point are something like 9.7. Which means if you OP it you can get a strange mix of the resource income UI giving a different number than if you manually add the points and your actual income.

At the other hand this might not be the only thing in play since with rounding it is hard to get a difference of 2 fuel. So maybe he got secure resourcing.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)