Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Competition!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1May-ShadowFax Oct 19 2016, 10:28 AM
Where's the competition part of this game, I used to improve because of it now all we do is spam fun games like noobs...
I demand from Game.replays' staff to start working on this part employ some one if you need money just ask for it just do something before it's too late.

+
# 2Muadd Oct 19 2016, 10:39 AM
I agree. Best days of my 2.02 career been when we used to spam 2v2 cws all day.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Clan: GoF|

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3MauHúR Oct 19 2016, 10:54 AM
We've offered teamleague for which theres still not enough sign ups, we've offered a FFA tournament for which only 3 of 16 ppl showed up, we've offered a Erebor fun tourney of which not a single game has been played yet (you're signed up there too), were hosting a 1v1 tourney for 1.00 players, there's also still the monthly 1v1 tournament sign up topic AND you can play CW anytime you want.

You can demand as much work as you want, you can have the coolest ideas and best ambitions but if there's not even 10 reliable people playing stuff it all doesnt matter. Sure you can MAYBE create a short activity boost if you offer some prizemoney for CW but that is not gonna be sustainable activity, it's just gonna be a few more games the first two weeks until that "hype" fades away.

+
# 4Mako Oct 19 2016, 11:10 AM
We have a good 1v1 project for end of november. But mauhur pointed up the problem.

+
# 5Megrim Oct 19 2016, 11:15 AM
QUOTE(MauHúR @ Oct 19 2016, 10:54 AM) *

You can demand as much work as you want, you can have the coolest ideas and best ambitions but if there's not even 10 reliable people playing stuff it all doesnt matter.

I agree with that 100%. Not enough reliable players.

+
# 6Muadd Oct 19 2016, 11:16 AM
We've offered teamleague for which theres still not enough sign ups, we've offered a FFA tournament for which only 3 of 16 ppl showed up, we've offered a Erebor fun tourney of which not a single game has been played yet (you're signed up there too), were hosting a 1v1 tourney for 1.00 players, there's also still the monthly 1v1 tournament sign up topic AND you can play CW anytime you want.

I dont wanna be harsh or anything but during the last 3 years ive been a part of 2.02 community I dont think ive seen more than 1 tourney that we have finished. Its just organizing the games is pain if the ass and normally we dont even play half of them. Im not saying tournaments are bad im just saying it takes lots of work to make them work. Simply saying here "Ok tourney starts, Play the games" isnt enough. When I was still in staff and helped hosting tourneys like damuls grand one (you were there too) we had to fucking PM every single player and organize the games for them. Only so few visits these forums daily and beeing onilne in gameranger at the same time is just luck. If you wanna make tourneys work-> Referees have to organize the games and so on

Same with that team league. I didnt even remember we have a thing like that. It takes lots of more work to make those kinda things happen than just opening one thread.

Sure you can MAYBE create a short activity boost if you offer some prizemoney for CW but that is not gonna be sustainable activity,

I agree and disagree with this.
I agree with the fact that it creates activity boost. Not even that short. Normally for 2-4 months
The peak activity times Ive seen in 2.02 during my career are:
Pretty much whole 2014

2015 May June July (2015 spring game was even more dead than it is now)

2016 Spring when we had set clans

Having few months peaks is still better than nothing.

Some may not agree with me like you never have but In my opinion Clanwars have always been and will most likely always be the easiest way to make this game more active. All we have to do is start playing. Easy as hitting a child

+
# 7Muadd Oct 19 2016, 11:22 AM
Ive to add few things. Currently we lack 1v1 and 2v2 games. There is so many players that dislike 4v4. Now they are not getting any decent games. So many have left and will leave.
Why cant we just play like we did before. Daytime 1v1 2v2 and evenings chill 4v4

+
# 8DeeZ Daryl Oct 19 2016, 11:23 AM
QUOTE(DogMatti @ Oct 19 2016, 11:16 AM) *

I dont wanna be harsh or anything but during the last 3 years ive been a part of 2.02 community I dont think ive seen more than 1 tourney that we have finished. Its just organizing the games is pain if the ass and normally we dont even play half of them. Im not saying tournaments are bad im just saying it takes lots of work to make them work. Simply saying here "Ok tourney starts, Play the games" isnt enough. When I was still in staff and helped hosting tourneys like damuls grand one (you were there too) we had to fucking PM every single player and organize the games for them. Only so few visits these forums daily and beeing onilne in gameranger at the same time is just luck. If you wanna make tourneys work-> Referees have to organize the games and so on

This

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 9Mako Oct 19 2016, 11:30 AM
Last february tournament was a success.

+
# 10Motoma Oct 19 2016, 11:55 AM
QUOTE(MauHúR @ Oct 19 2016, 20:54 PM) *

You can demand as much work as you want, you can have the coolest ideas and best ambitions but if there's not even 10 reliable people playing stuff it all doesnt matter. Sure you can MAYBE create a short activity boost if you offer some prizemoney for CW but that is not gonna be sustainable activity, it's just gonna be a few more games the first two weeks until that "hype" fades away.

Nothing else needs to be said.

+
# 11 Elendil Oct 19 2016, 12:09 PM
offering ffa tourneys is bs... erebor fun tourney is bs... im sorry to say that but its my opinion...
i repsect alls tuff member for their work and there engagement! i dont wanna insult anyone..
but organising such tourneys at the recent activity lvl is not relly good... we could do such things when we have 300+ cw games for fun!

though i agree in the point of reliable ppl in this game atm...

but 4v4 wont help... any time i come online and see a 4v4 room i logg off right after a sec...
totally no motivation to play this game under this cicumstances...

jor(dain) is doing great work to bring new players... we need to get into clans again, 2 ppl at least and spam games against each other, to show the newcomers that there is competition and fun here!

mauhur pls play again (in serious ways), maybe cam will come back then searching for competition...

shame players like sania, asba and adam quitted the game or at least not spamming as hard as they did!
asba and sania were really reliable players

+
# 12Excelsior Oct 19 2016, 12:55 PM
QUOTE(MauHúR @ Oct 19 2016, 11:54 AM) *

This is pretty much everything that needs to be sad in a nutshell. We've done our part in terms of providing sufficient competition for the community, but at the end of the day, without reliable sign-ups, we won't get any further than our doorstep.

We need help from the community. Sometimes I feel people demand too much from the staff without actually lifting a finger themselves. I'm glad you've opened this topic, May; it's one step to moving closer to a solution. With that said, need every community member to do their part. You need to be serious about tournament sign-ups - pencil the tournament dates and make sure you treat the event like you would any other major event in your real life affairs.

To end off, I'd like encourage all community members to get more involved. Not only on GameRanger, but here on GameReplays. Upload as many replays as possible (obviously not some 5 minute Hunter games), participate in discussions, and be more attentive. We need more unity, TBH.

I'd like to start encouraging more 2v2 games. I love my 4v4 games, but recently I've begun finding more fun in 2v2s, obviously because it's a change in scenery. Furthermore, 2v2s seem to be more engaging.

This post has been edited by Excelsior: Oct 19 2016, 13:01 PM

Clan: Brothers of War

+
# 13May-ShadowFax Oct 19 2016, 13:12 PM
QUOTE(Motoma @ Oct 19 2016, 11:55 AM) *

Nothing else needs to be said.

There is still a lot to do, just be creative employ worthy creative staff ( Keep some one with opened room on rotwk to help people with their steps to get 2.01 rotwk and 2.02 6.00. In addition do as turgon said ffa tournaments.

+
# 14Excelsior Oct 19 2016, 13:16 PM
QUOTE(May-ShadowFax @ Oct 19 2016, 14:12 PM) *

There is still a lot to do, just be creative employ worthy creative staff ( Keep some one with opened room on rotwk to help people with their steps to get 2.01 rotwk and 2.02 6.00. In addition do as turgon said ffa tournaments.

There are no suitable candidates for the job. Good staff are hard to come by. Potential staff members are those commenting in this thread who don't already wear a badge. Question is, why don't you join staff? Hurling suggestions is one thing, making those suggestions a reality is another.

+
# 15Muadd Oct 19 2016, 13:18 PM
I might sound harsh again but..

We've done our part in terms of providing sufficient competition for the community,

You joking right? If this is all you doing better recruit new/more referees then. Lemme put it this way. In my eyes opening a thread and making the tourney is less than half of the work needed to finish it. Hardest work is to get people play the games and its not gonna happend from here...

And yet I dont understand why you have to try new things like team leag and so on when we already got a working competive thing that people been using for decade.

Sometimes I feel people demand too much from the staff without actually lifting a finger themselves.

Well recruit more people and get rid of the useless ones. Its always been staff who do the work. Ofc everyone can help but haven't seen anyone of you asking for it

Also, I'd like to start encouraging more 2v2 games. I love my 4v4 games, but recently I've begun finding more fun in 2v2s, obviously because it's a change in scenery. Furthermore, 2v2s seem to be more engaging.

Agree with this. We need to keep all sort of players entertained.

+
# 16Mako Oct 19 2016, 13:19 PM
Thx for all your considerations guys. We really need them. Next torunet will be fine with all your rrquest. I'm sure of this.

The only 2 thing you can help us are join and olay nex tournaments and if yoi can find some help for prize (only of you want).

We (staff) had our responsabilities about this.

+
# 17Andy San Oct 19 2016, 13:20 PM
QUOTE(May-ShadowFax @ Oct 19 2016, 13:12 PM) *

All you do is blaming the staff... the staff does everything possible but half the community doesn't care. You are not a good example, you didn't even asked Cam about the Erebor matches using WhatsApp. Everytime I go there I see messages from both of you so no excuse yet you blame us.

+
# 18Excelsior Oct 19 2016, 13:23 PM
A good way to organise tournaments and keep in touch is WhatsApp. How many people are part of the group since I last left? If we can all join and actually stay there, that would be great.

QUOTE(DogMatti @ Oct 19 2016, 14:18 PM) *

I might sound harsh again but..
You joking right? If this is all you doing better recruit new/more referees then. Lemme put it this way. In my eyes opening a thread and making the tourney is less than half of the work needed to finish it. Hardest work is to get people play the games and its not gonna happend from here...

And yet I dont understand why you have to try new things like team leag and so on when we already got a working competive thing that people been using for decade.
Well recruit more people and get rid of the useless ones. Its always been staff who do the work. Ofc everyone can help but haven't seen anyone of you asking for it
Agree with this. We need to keep all sort of players entertained.

As I said, it's not easy to come by reliable staff members. We have quite a decent staff force, but more members would be better of course. The trouble is finding people with ambition and a will to advance this section. You can't just recruit any noob who's just joined 2.02 who hasn't a scratch of concern for the direction of this community.

I'll say this again, the best potential staff members are those commenting in this thread who don't already hold a badge.

This post has been edited by Excelsior: Oct 19 2016, 13:28 PM

+
# 19MauHúR Oct 19 2016, 13:31 PM
QUOTE(DogMatti @ Oct 19 2016, 13:18 PM) *

The badge title is referee and not babysitter. How hard is it for adult people to make an appointment with another player to have 2-3 games? Especially in a community of 30 people where everyone knows eachother with multiple ways to communicate.

+
# 20CirillA Oct 19 2016, 14:00 PM
Lets be honest..nobody cares about Lotr's anymore, everything/body has moved on. There is a 5% chance that the community will grow while there is a 95% chance the community size will fall.

It's a bit desperate trying to blame other people when in reality time has moved on, this is no-ones fault.

I won't be playing 1vs1/2vs2 until next summer when I move house and am able to get a good connection. I will occasionally play some 4vs4s but other than that, I'm no longer interested with so much lag involved.

Clan: [FtN]

Game: StarCraft 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)