Explore GameReplays...

League of Legends

Feral Flame for Shyvana

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1psychoturtle Apr 9 2014, 10:56 AM
So guys, I have this dilemma ever since Feral Flame was released. I always built Shyvana, one of my main junglers, with Spirit of the Ancient Golem then BotrK and then I'd tank her up all the way... now that Feral Flame is out, which is just an amazing jungler item, I want to build it too, and I do that but then I'm too squishy in teamfights until the late game... despite the brutal damage I am not sure if it's worth it. Now my question is, should I build Feral Flame, Elder Lizard or Ancient Golem? And if I build Feral/Lizard, should I add BotrK into the build? I really find BotrK great for Shyvana but if I build it with a damage jungle item like Lizard or Feral then I just die too easy before I get my core tanky items such as sunfire, randuin, visage... So is it better to build Feral with botrk or Feral without botrk or botrk with another jungle item? I know it depends on team composition but I'm still having doubts.

Clan: H2O

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2DevM Apr 9 2014, 11:49 AM
Jungle shyvana isn't really that used anymore since you have many great junglers, whoever you shouldn't build feral flare on shyvana jungle just because you are not really an AA jungler, the junglers that benefit the most with it are the ones with most single target DMG like lee and noc, so I would say it's not worth the buy on her.

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3ThaREM Apr 9 2014, 14:34 PM
The question is.. why are you still playing shyvana jungle? tongue.gif

But well Feral Flare would still be probably the best item on her, then go full tank, dont get BOTRK on junglers unless super fed

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 4psychoturtle Apr 9 2014, 18:58 PM
QUOTE(ThaREM @ Apr 9 2014, 15:34 PM) *

The question is.. why are you still playing shyvana jungle? tongue.gif

But well Feral Flare would still be probably the best item on her, then go full tank, dont get BOTRK on junglers unless super fed

I do wonders with Shyvana jungle since I'm in silver... people just die to me tongue.gif

+
# 5Crabby Lobster Apr 9 2014, 19:28 PM
QUOTE(psychoturtle @ Apr 9 2014, 13:58 PM) *

I do wonders with Shyvana jungle since I'm in silver... people just die to me tongue.gif

Try Trynda or Yi jungle. Rapes in silver. biggrin.gif

Tryn is very underrated as a counter jungler imo. He's not the best ganker, but from my experience, that isn't that big of a set back. In the current jungle, you're about as useful as most just by pushing down towers and getting the dragons and countering anyway.

This post has been edited by Deskwich: Apr 9 2014, 19:32 PM

Game: League of Legends

+
# 6DevM Apr 10 2014, 11:11 AM
In my opinion if you are going to jungle shyvana you should go for the blade and feral flame (have been thinking and it might be good on her), since shyvana has godlike camp clears you can rush the feral flare, the blade on itself is self explanatory so yea go ahead.

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 7psychoturtle Apr 10 2014, 17:23 PM
QUOTE(Deskwich @ Apr 9 2014, 20:28 PM) *

Try Trynda or Yi jungle. Rapes in silver. biggrin.gif

Tryn is very underrated as a counter jungler imo. He's not the best ganker, but from my experience, that isn't that big of a set back. In the current jungle, you're about as useful as most just by pushing down towers and getting the dragons and countering anyway.

Yi is easy but it's hard to keep Leona banned because of disobedient captains lol and Leona destroys Yi in teamfights... don't have trynda though, tried him when it was free and I'm so antitalented with him sad.gif

+
# 8Crabby Lobster Apr 10 2014, 17:33 PM
QUOTE(psychoturtle @ Apr 10 2014, 12:23 PM) *

Yi is easy but it's hard to keep Leona banned because of disobedient captains lol and Leona destroys Yi in teamfights... don't have trynda though, tried him when it was free and I'm so antitalented with him sad.gif

Yeah, tryn does take a while to get used to. Hitting your e right and timing ultimates takes practice.

As for Leona, there are a lot of other champs that counter Yi too... Frankly, if you get fed as Yi, you're going to be dominant whether you're countered or not. It's like a fed Kat. You can be shut down in a team fight or two, but if they ever fail to stop you, you can kill them all quickly. Also, Yi is a great backdoorer and great for getting objectives, so you're useful even if you can't team fight.

+
# 9psychoturtle Apr 11 2014, 20:47 PM
QUOTE(Deskwich @ Apr 10 2014, 18:33 PM) *

Yeah, tryn does take a while to get used to. Hitting your e right and timing ultimates takes practice.

As for Leona, there are a lot of other champs that counter Yi too... Frankly, if you get fed as Yi, you're going to be dominant whether you're countered or not. It's like a fed Kat. You can be shut down in a team fight or two, but if they ever fail to stop you, you can kill them all quickly. Also, Yi is a great backdoorer and great for getting objectives, so you're useful even if you can't team fight.

Perhaps you're right. Time to start using Yi again, after a long time smile.gif

+
# 10-Chemical- Apr 11 2014, 21:07 PM
saw trick playing shyv today. feral flame - sunfire - botrk - spririt visage - randuins. After finishing botrk he could solo baron...

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 11psychoturtle Apr 11 2014, 21:47 PM
QUOTE(-Chemical- @ Apr 11 2014, 22:07 PM) *

saw trick playing shyv today. feral flame - sunfire - botrk - spririt visage - randuins. After finishing botrk he could solo baron...

And they say Shyvana jungle sucks wink.gif

btw tried the Yi with feral, it was normal but I had 25-5 and a penta + quadra despite my troll gold 3 udyr going double jungle with me

Attached Image

+
# 12ThaREM Apr 12 2014, 16:22 PM
lol more normal loses than wins! tongue.gif

Yeah I change my opinion about shyvana jungle, FF is OP and she is more than viable atm.

Goddamit how much I hate FF, it totally ruins the jungle. So now its:

- Farm on AS carry junglers for 15 min, become OP (noc, shyvana, yi)

But it makes you SOOOOOOOOOOO team dependant. If your team does fine and doesnt need ganks while you afk farm jungle as yi with occasional 1-2 ganks, you are OP. If your team gets destroyed in laning, you lose and everyone blames you since well... you didnt gank. In particular if they require pre level 6 ganks.

Like the game I was skarner and DESTROYED the map, was 8-0-2 at 15 mins vs Yi who was 0-1-1 (but naturally more farm). However since my team wasnt great the gold was about even. Then my mid gets caught like a retard leading to 4 deaths, then he does again, suddenly yi is 7-2-2 and is unstoppable and the team calls me useless compared to him...

God how much I hate FF

+
# 13biriarr Apr 12 2014, 18:36 PM
even scarier feral flare udyr tiger

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 14Crabby Lobster Apr 12 2014, 19:09 PM
QUOTE(ThaREM @ Apr 12 2014, 11:22 AM) *

lol more normal loses than wins! tongue.gif

Yeah I change my opinion about shyvana jungle, FF is OP and she is more than viable atm.

Goddamit how much I hate FF, it totally ruins the jungle. So now its:

- Farm on AS carry junglers for 15 min, become OP (noc, shyvana, yi)

But it makes you SOOOOOOOOOOO team dependant. If your team does fine and doesnt need ganks while you afk farm jungle as yi with occasional 1-2 ganks, you are OP. If your team gets destroyed in laning, you lose and everyone blames you since well... you didnt gank. In particular if they require pre level 6 ganks.

Like the game I was skarner and DESTROYED the map, was 8-0-2 at 15 mins vs Yi who was 0-1-1 (but naturally more farm). However since my team wasnt great the gold was about even. Then my mid gets caught like a retard leading to 4 deaths, then he does again, suddenly yi is 7-2-2 and is unstoppable and the team calls me useless compared to him...

God how much I hate FF

FF isn't that big of a buff compared to wriggle's lol. I mean, the buff was somewhat significant, but I just find it funny how everyone thought wriggle's was shit before. If that were true, FF would just be okay right now, because the numbers buff wasn't huge.

QUOTE(biriarr @ Apr 12 2014, 13:36 PM) *

even scarier feral flare udyr tiger

No, lol. Udyr is so much easier to counter play than Yi.

+
# 15psychoturtle Apr 12 2014, 21:20 PM
QUOTE(Deskwich @ Apr 12 2014, 20:09 PM) *

FF isn't that big of a buff compared to wriggle's lol. I mean, the buff was somewhat significant, but I just find it funny how everyone thought wriggle's was shit before. If that were true, FF would just be okay right now, because the numbers buff wasn't huge.
No, lol. Udyr is so much easier to counter play than Yi.

A well fed late game Udyr is immortal, while Yi can be focused down quite easier... but Yi has that insane damage that makes your adc melt in a blink biggrin.gif

FF is such a great item, now they should buff Golem and make utility junglers viable again too

+
# 16ThaREM Apr 12 2014, 23:12 PM
Lol riot are to retardly dumb to make utility junglers any close to viable

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)