Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Future Tournaments

Map Pool
20.00% (6)
Have a specific map pool for each tournament consisting of: 2 Official, 2 Remake, 4 "New Maps"
6.67% (2)
Have it so that the only maps players can pick are "New Maps". Official and Remakes will be set as starting maps.
6.67% (2)
Limit the tournament to "New Maps" only.
46.67% (14)
Leave the map pool as is.
16.67% (5)
Randomly select a map pool for each tournament
3.33% (1)
Other
Factions
26.67% (8)
Limit players to playing a faction once per series.
6.67% (2)
Players select 7 factions which they will play as in the tournament. The factions will be played in the order they are selected.
16.67% (5)
Leave the rulings as is.
26.67% (8)
Players select 7 factions. 1 faction will be their starting faction and the rest can be used in any order.
16.67% (5)
Random only
6.67% (2)
Other

Total Votes: 60
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1phantom9399 Aug 19 2016, 13:18 PM
So there has been a lot of talk about the factions and maps at the moment. I wanted to open up this poll to discuss both of them in the tournament scenes.

Black hand is no doubt the most over played faction in the game and the match ups are not exactly fun to watch. We all know that players can use Black Hand effectively but what about the other 8 factions? Please take a look at the poll above and post your own ideas about the faction selections below.

With the maps we always see the same maps being played all the time. It would be nice to see some diversity which is why i have listed some options in the polls.

Please discuss your opinions below as its your comments that will decide the rulings for all future Gamereplays tournaments in regards to maps/factions.

This post has been edited by phantom9399: Aug 19 2016, 14:17 PM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Technique Aug 19 2016, 14:15 PM
Why no vote option for other?

I liked Balls of Steel his idea.
Pick 5 factions -> select 1 of them as your starter faction.
Loser picks map > winner picks faction > loser picks faction.

Like the occasional vanilla only tournament as well.

And at the end of the day, these are all themed tournaments.
For the tournament host his choosing.
With theme being the keyword there... so to discuss this ''for all future gamereplays tournaments'' seems a bit weird.

+
# 3phantom9399 Aug 19 2016, 14:17 PM
QUOTE(Technique @ Aug 19 2016, 22:15 PM) *

Why no vote option for other?

I liked Balls of Steel his idea.
Pick 5 factions - 1 starter faction.

Like the occasional vanilla only tournament as well.

And at the end of the day, these are all themed tournaments.
For the tournament host his choosing, but theme very much being a key word.

I will put an "Other" vote in.

I have included something similar to that in the poll. I just extended it to 7 factions as our Grand Finals are normally BO7

+
# 4Technique Aug 19 2016, 14:23 PM
With bo7 (if it goes to 4-3) you would just get to play your favorite 2 factions twice.

5 Factions seems more strategic and better chance to avoid broken matchups (t59 vs st/reaper/scrin come to mind).

This post has been edited by Technique: Aug 19 2016, 14:31 PM

+
# 5phantom9399 Aug 19 2016, 14:32 PM
QUOTE(Technique @ Aug 19 2016, 22:23 PM) *

With bo7 (if it goes to 4-3) you would just get to play your favorite 2 factions twice.

5 Factions seems more strategic and better chance to avoid broken matchups (t59 vs st/reaper/scrin come to mind).

Good point. I will leave the poll as is for now but I will keep this in mind when discussing the options smile.gif

+
# 6kimosabe Aug 19 2016, 16:35 PM
I reckon you have to discuss options for each tournament. To have anything set is stone isn't a good idea as you want to see how it plays out first imo.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 7phantom9399 Aug 19 2016, 16:41 PM
QUOTE(kimosabe @ Aug 20 2016, 00:35 AM) *

I reckon you have to discuss options for each tournament. To have anything set is stone isn't a good idea as you want to see how it plays out first imo.

That is a good point and I was going to test the popular options our in a few tournaments first before they are set in stone.

+
# 8incapaisa Aug 19 2016, 17:20 PM
I think a good idea would go like this..

Best of 7 series

A player picks 7 factions..which can only used once...while eliminating 2

Since we have 9 factions this will work ez..

Then you elect your starter faction for game 1 and the rest of the series you can only play one faction one game at one time..

This will make it strategic since you can only play BH or Trav once..and also make the player be well balanced in all the factions..

This can also work for best of 5 or even 3...

The player picks what factions they want to play..in the series..and eliminate the others..

also the winner will be more balanced with all the factions rather than just laming and winning with BH most of the series

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 9Balls of steel Aug 19 2016, 19:54 PM
I think Technique is right with the 5 factions.

7 factions in a BO7 force some player to pick a main faction they don't like. I think 5 or 6 factions would be nice, because the player has the chance to exclude a main faction.

And a further point can be the training. In the last weeks many players spended so much time to learn a single faction: Black Hand. How much time does it cost to learn 7 factions?

But ok, there is also some truth when Inca says that with 7 factions the player has to be well balanced in all the factions.

I stay with my idea Technique mentioned above:

Pick 5 factions -> select 1 of them as your starter faction.

I would like to hear much more opinions about that. Technique and Kimosabe are the only competitive players in this topic. It shall be a system for competitive tournaments and pro-players like Masterleaf, Wookibert, Phoenix and Bikerush have the best knowledge and i think that their words should have some "weight" in this discussion !

This post has been edited by Balls of steel: Aug 19 2016, 19:57 PM

+
# 10incapaisa Aug 19 2016, 20:18 PM
sounds like too much work and possible conflict and arguments..and lost time with this winner pick faction, loser pick faction etc..

sounds reasonable but i can see it having some road blocks..

+
# 11Technique Aug 19 2016, 21:44 PM
Those rules are actually to cut time loss and have no possible argument/conflict.

Like we had last weekend in your tournament.
I strike nod factions after my opponent picked a good nod map, to then have him switch to a map less good for nod facs. (his good right of course - since nothing was specified)

Then in turn I could of said ''ok I don't strike then'', in which case he could of switched the map again etc... so you see why having a clear order of things is important and actually saves time. Otherwise we'll be switching maps and changing factions all day long. biggrin.gif

+
# 12bike_rush_ownz Aug 19 2016, 21:53 PM
QUOTE(Technique @ Aug 19 2016, 21:44 PM) *

Those rules are actually to cut time loss and have no possible argument/conflict.

Like we had last weekend in your tournament.
I strike nod factions after my opponent picked a good nod map, to then have him switch to a map less good for nod facs. (his good right of course - since nothing was specified)

Then in turn I could of said ''ok I don't strike then'', in which case he could of switched the map again etc... so you see why having a clear order of things is important and actually saves time. Otherwise we'll be switching maps and changing factions all day long. biggrin.gif

+1

+
# 13incapaisa Aug 19 2016, 22:21 PM
true..very true..after you explaining like...that ..makes much more sense..

wow a RTS legend breaking it down..nice

+
# 14kimosabe Aug 20 2016, 06:23 AM
QUOTE(incapaisa @ Aug 20 2016, 08:21 AM) *

true..very true..after you explaining like...that ..makes much more sense..

wow a RTS legend breaking it down..nice

lol

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 15MoM Aug 20 2016, 06:51 AM
"Players select 7 factions. 1 faction will be their starting faction and the rest can be used in any order."

"Players select 7 factions which they will play as in the tournament. The factions will be played in the order they are selected."

Just wundering thought, if Strike rules are applied and as tech said, he strikes all Nod factions and the player has only nod factions left, what then? (if that is possible). Thought i think he would be more specific and would stirke the only BH or Nod itself.

+
# 16Technique Aug 20 2016, 09:17 AM
In this format there would be no strike rules. (that example was just from Inca tournament)

+
# 17phantom9399 Aug 23 2016, 11:10 AM
im seeing lots of votes but lets see some discussions as well about these ideas. We have had some good discussions so far but I want more opinions please smile.gif

This post has been edited by phantom9399: Aug 23 2016, 11:37 AM

+
# 18incapaisa Aug 23 2016, 11:15 AM
Best of 7=
2 nods, 2 gdi, 2 scrin, 1 random..

+
# 19Ekko^ Aug 23 2016, 17:52 PM
how about before a series begins a player gets the opportunity to ban a few factions from the opponent to use troughout the whole series
for example
in bo3 i ban bh so wookibert cant use bh
and in bo5 i can ban 2 factions so i ban trav and bh

+
# 20Casto Dailla Aug 26 2016, 07:18 AM
I've got an idea, maybe You'll want to hear it... The Ultimate Kane's Wrath Tournament:
Quarters and Semi-finals would be played in standard manner, with players picking their factions.
Elimination matches would be played as BO3 where players could pick only vanilla factions (GDI, Nod, Scrin)
The Grand Finals would be a series of nine mirrors, featuring all the factions and subfactions once. First match of these series would start with "underplayed" subfaction mirror (ST/MoK/R17) and would continue as the player who lost last match would pick a map (from pre-defined pool), as well as choose which faction are they going to play in next game.
Of course I'm aware that some matches would come to simple tactics (like MoK mirrors would propably come down to bike buggy harassment), but I also think it just couldn't be more fair for the finalists... and with some of the better balanced factions, we would propably see a very nice matchup (I don't think both players in GDI mirror would pitbull rush biggrin.gif)

This post has been edited by Casto Dailla: Aug 26 2016, 07:25 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)