Explore GameReplays...

Gamereplays Clan system

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Lateralus Aug 23 2005, 21:56 PM
Gamereplays is proud to launch its very own integrated Clan System! This system puts clans into the database so that clans are not only just the clanforums, but they'll have names, clanleaders, clantag, catchphrases etc. In this way, it's possible to add many cool features for the clans that have registered to the site.

One of the most important feature of this is that it enables clanleaders to moderate and edit their own clan without the help from the boardadmins. Clanleaders can now add/remove forummoderators, edit the clan's catchphrase, change the clan's banner and of course accept/kick members from his/her clan without ever needing the help from an admin. It saves us admins a lot of work and also gives the clanleaders themselves more control of his own clan.

This system also makes it possible to implement tons of other cool features for the clans. One of these feature, which has aready been implemented, is the clanbanner at each clanforum. Another implemented feature is clanmedals. There is only one clanmedal ATM, but many more will be added once we've put everything in place.

The clan system is only at the beta phrase, so there might be still a bug here and there. Many more features will also be added to this in the future once we've similiarized ourselves with it and figured out what else it needs.

All the registered clans on GR has been added to this system. Although not all the clanmembers are added. I haven't done that yet because I simply have no idea which clan has what members. So if there is an error with who is the clanleader is or whatever miscellaneous error, please pm me and I'll sort it out. All the userinterface of this system should be very obvious, but I'll release a tutorial for it soon nevertheless. Meanwhile, it's up to you guys to figure out the controls for yourselves first.

Before I end this post, here are the rules and a general overview of how this clan system works:
- For members to join a clan, he/she has to put him/herself in the waitinglist of a clan first. The clan's leader can then choose to approve or reject the member's request to join the clan at his own. This will be the way, and the ONLY way for members to join a clan.
- Members that are in a clan or is on a waiting list of one cannot register to another clan. He/she can also not register a new clan while he/she is still linked to another clan.
- The boardadmins will still have the ultimate control over all clans. Admins have the authority to add/kick or edit any clan in whatever way they want.

Not so much rules but we'll add more as we go along. I hope you guys will enjoy this. Please post any questions, comments or feedback in here. Have fun with this new system!! And HERE is the link again.

Clan: Teh Admins

Game: Supreme Commander

+
# 2Arson Aug 23 2005, 22:08 PM
This is AWESOME!!!
I'm sure many clans will find this useful. I've looked over the functions, and will play with them when I get a chance later tonight. Good work!

Clan: -FaKe|

Game: Battlefield 2

+
# 3Ewan Aug 23 2005, 22:13 PM
sweet sweet work drol.gif

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 4Mortal9 Aug 23 2005, 22:32 PM
The leaders are the ones who can set the divisions for the members right? I always get an eroor when trying to set it >.<
And an error when trying to enter clan description as well >.<

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 5Lateralus Aug 23 2005, 22:38 PM
Which error??

Like I said, this is a beta tongue.gif

[edit]k fixed!!!

I don't get the error with the divisions though.

+
# 6Mortal9 Aug 23 2005, 22:42 PM
Ur fast Lat tongue.gif

Well, when trying to appoint one of the members to a division, in this case BFME, I get this error:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.
The error returned was:

Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method.

Clan description works fine now though ohmy.gif

Edit: rofl yeah description works now, still get the member division error though sad.gif

This post has been edited by Mortal9: Aug 23 2005, 22:44 PM

+
# 7Ewan Aug 23 2005, 22:46 PM
I can't change member's divisions either

The error returned was:

Authorization mismatch - please go back and try again. If you have been trying to access a function incorrectly, please use the proper method.

+
# 8Lateralus Aug 23 2005, 22:48 PM
Should be fixed now!!

+
# 9Ewan Aug 23 2005, 22:56 PM
ah I just gave my leadership away so I can't test tongue.gif

My wish list:
Multiple clan founders
Multiple clan leaders
Invite Members
Sub forum control (change moderators - maybe even have sub forums as a default division, excluding any passworded sub forums)
Division leaders
Control over who can view the private forum (if possible; if not...)
Control over the private forum's password
Members being able to belong to multiple divisions as well as the "main" clan.

That's my wishlist tongue.gif

+
# 10Mortal9 Aug 23 2005, 22:58 PM
Quoted tbh tongue.gif

But divisions still don't work for me tongue.gif

+
# 11Lateralus Aug 23 2005, 23:00 PM
Ok it should be working now. This error is an extra security procedure so that people can't use leaderfunctions easily. But anyways... everything is now fixed. Please report more errors when you've found them smile.gif

+
# 12Ratdog Aug 23 2005, 23:09 PM
Very nice Lat...

I am checking it out now biggrin.gif

Clan: The Holy and the Damned

+
# 13Lateralus Aug 23 2005, 23:10 PM
QUOTE(Cymru @ Aug 24 2005, 01:56 AM)
Multiple clan founders

That's possible. But it's low priority atm because the amount of extra coding needed for this is not worth the result IMO.

Multiple clan leaders

Hmm I don't know about that. I might implement a co-leader feature though.

Invite Members

That might be cool, I'll see what I can do. ATM, you have to do all invites via PM.

Sub forum control (change moderators - maybe even have sub forums as a default division, excluding any passworded sub forums)

That's tricky. I don't have a good idea on how to best implement this yet. I'll see what I can in the future.

Division leaders

lol k, I'll see what I can do.

Control over who can view the private forum (if possible; if not...)

I'll probably do this with clanleaders being able to change the forumpassword themselves.

Control over the private forum's password

lol see above. One of the two is enough.

Members being able to belong to multiple divisions as well as the "main" clan.

OMG. That will be so much trouble to do. Is it in your case so that people can be in both Cyrmu and SnA???

+
# 14Ewan Aug 23 2005, 23:17 PM
well if it's gonna be trouble don't bother tongue.gif

It's not very important tbh tongue.gif Cymru is a rather strange clan, more like a community whilst SnA` is the community's clan.

Obviously the more features the better but you have done more than enough already and if it's gonna be more trouble than it's worth there's no point, but if you find yourself with nothing to do at any point, it could be cool!

+
# 15Darky Aug 24 2005, 00:42 AM
I'm vetoing mutiple clan leaders, for the simple reason that ONE person is in charge, not 2+ people.

Darky

Game: StarCraft 2

+
# 16Lateralus Aug 24 2005, 01:04 AM
Thank God, lolol. Because that'll be a bitch to do laugh.gif I might still do the co-leader thingie though, with the co-leader having the same modfunctions as the leader but except for the ability to kick the leader. The Clanleader can appoint and kick the co-leader anything he wants of course smile.gif

+
# 17Tiberium Tyrant Aug 24 2005, 02:40 AM
I'm Duncan McCloud of the Clan McCloud. Do I get a forum? smile.gif

Game: Universe at War

+
# 18Lateralus Aug 24 2005, 03:30 AM
You need two other members to start a clan.

+
# 19Kyzer Aug 24 2005, 09:00 AM
Your clan must consists of at least 3 members (including yourself). Enter the member ID of the your first member now.

ID number? thats bout 5 letters/numbers long?

+
# 20Lateralus Aug 24 2005, 12:49 PM
No. that is just a number. Read this for more info on it.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)