Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

General Tournament Opinions

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Fitton May 17 2016, 00:15 AM
Post your opinions about the tournaments I have have created and also about tournaments in general. What you think should be changed, what can be improved and what you would like to see in the future.

This post has been edited by Fitton: Apr 24 2017, 07:25 AM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2 Elendil May 17 2016, 05:15 AM
make it 1 week later?smile.gif
would be perfect for me couse i cant play exactly this day;)

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3RanDoM'L0L May 17 2016, 10:49 AM
The way you guys wanna solve oos games is terrible honestly. Setting a time mark like this ...thats just eh. either all oos games should be replayed/reviewed and decided or if the players do agree theres nothing to worry about, why would you take that option away?

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 4Fitton May 17 2016, 13:08 PM
QUOTE(Turgon @ May 17 2016, 15:15 PM) *

make it 1 week later?smile.gif
would be perfect for me couse i cant play exactly this day;)

I'm sorry but I am unable to do that. It's unfortunate that you are unable to join.

If this tournament goes well then I will most probably host more regular tournaments in the future.

Hopefully at times more convenient for you. smile.gif

+
# 5Fitton May 17 2016, 13:16 PM
QUOTE(RanDoM'L0L @ May 17 2016, 20:49 PM) *

The way you guys wanna solve oos games is terrible honestly. Setting a time mark like this ...thats just eh. either all oos games should be replayed/reviewed and decided or if the players do agree theres nothing to worry about, why would you take that option away?

'If OOS’s, disconnections and other things of that nature occur before the 10 minute mark of a game then unless both players agree on a winner the game will be replayed. After the 10 minute mark a game cannot be replayed and so a decision will have to be made regarding the winner of the game. If both players are unable to decide on a winner then the final decision will be given by one or more tournament admins.'

Please re-read the above.

Players can agree on the winner. When players disagree, games under 10 minutes have to be replayed. Games over 10 minutes are decided upon either by the players or a tournament admin.

I think having a 10 minute cut off is a good idea. I don't want to have 20-60 minute games being replayed. We all have real lives and real time constraints. I want a fairly quick tournament.

To add, I dislike the idea of having to decide the outcome of a game that lasted less than 10 minutes. This of course can be abused. But I think it will be clear if certain players are using this tactic.

Thank you for your opinion. It's greatly appreciated. If you have anything more to add or discuss, please do so.

This post has been edited by Fitton: May 17 2016, 15:38 PM

+
# 6Fitton May 17 2016, 15:26 PM
Thanks again Random.

After further thought I will add something extra.

Games that end before 10 minutes due to unfortunate circumstances will have to be replayed. But if one player feels they had a clear enough advantage (80% chance of winning or more) then they can challenge the 'replay the match' rule. Said player will provide a replay. If a tournament admin agrees, then said player will get the win.

This post has been edited by Fitton: May 17 2016, 15:34 PM

+
# 7Val` May 17 2016, 15:34 PM
Thats pretty much how OoS is handled in cws.cc administration

Clan: Unr3al

+
# 8RanDoM'L0L May 17 2016, 15:44 PM
I am sorry dude I missread. I like the way it's handled and the replay challenge is pretty good smile.gif.

+
# 9 Elendil May 17 2016, 17:28 PM
QUOTE(Fitton @ May 17 2016, 13:08 PM) *

I'm sorry but I am unable to do that. It's unfortunate that you are unable to join.

If this tournament goes well then I will most probably host more regular tournaments in the future.

Hopefully at times more convenient for you. smile.gif

allright:) no problem, my foult ^^
hf to all participants!
may the best win (except random who should be diqualified due to oos in first round)

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 10Apmn May 18 2016, 16:44 PM
-i think a map pool for the tournaments should be implemented. Isn't it so boring to play the same old foi2?
-required wins vs. the opponent should rise with the later stages. ex: bo3 for the first rounds, bo5 for quarter finals, bo7 for semi-finals, and bo9 for the grand finale. This way it's more exciting for the viewers.
-all of the later stages should be streamed.
-seedings should be implemented via clanwars or the last tourney. It shouldn't be random. This provides at least and active month for getting a better seed, and tbh noone wants to see the best players play in the first tour.

and:
***all of you guys should practice for the money prized summer [Ace] tourney*** w00t.gif

+
# 11RanDoM'L0L May 18 2016, 18:36 PM
Seeding should definitely be implemented honestly, can not disagree with that. Seeding doesnt have to happen only if there is a loser bracket so people can prove themselves.

bo9 for a one day tourney...yeah no lmao please biggrin.gif

+
# 12RanDoM'L0L May 18 2016, 18:37 PM
Also how am I supposed to sign in on the challonge.com site? Wtf pal? biggrin.gif

+
# 13Apmn May 18 2016, 20:26 PM
Lol yeah no bo9 for the one day tourney. My opinions are about tournaments in general.

+
# 14SeñorEcthelion May 19 2016, 00:00 AM
apmn how bout shutupito and come play?

+
# 15Fitton May 19 2016, 01:08 AM
QUOTE(Apmn @ May 19 2016, 02:44 AM) *

-i think a map pool for the tournaments should be implemented. Isn't it so boring to play the same old foi2?
-required wins vs. the opponent should rise with the later stages. ex: bo3 for the first rounds, bo5 for quarter finals, bo7 for semi-finals, and bo9 for the grand finale. This way it's more exciting for the viewers.
-all of the later stages should be streamed.
-seedings should be implemented via clanwars or the last tourney. It shouldn't be random. This provides at least and active month for getting a better seed, and tbh noone wants to see the best players play in the first tour.

and:
***all of you guys should practice for the money prized summer [Ace] tourney*** w00t.gif

This is the first time I have organised a tournament. I will keep things as simple as possible. People have the option to play any 1v1 map they like if both players agree.

I want a fairly quick tournament, if it goes well maybe in the future I can implement more games in the later rounds of the tournament.

Games can be streamed but only if both players are ok with it.

This is a fun tournament. There is no cash involved. There hasn't been any activity (also records deleted) in Clanwars in a few months. Basing seeds on that would be unfair to certain players who haven't played Clanwars so much but are still pretty good.

So I won't have any seeds for this tournament. But we can use this tournament for future seeding purposes.

Your idea of connecting the tournament to Clanwars is nice. But there are only 10 days to this tournament. It is something to add in the future if tournaments become a regular thing and Clanwars activity picks up.

Thanks for your opinions.

This post has been edited by Fitton: May 19 2016, 01:27 AM

+
# 16SeñorEcthelion May 19 2016, 01:11 AM
forget CW, it's broken. all activity from it's last months on 2015 were somehow removed and adminis lost their access. don't let xelenos read this thread or he will come with anti-t3a conspirations biggrin.gif. Still, something weird happened with cw. i lost confidence on it.

+
# 17Fitton May 19 2016, 01:24 AM
QUOTE(RanDoM'L0L @ May 19 2016, 04:37 AM) *

Also how am I supposed to sign in on the challonge.com site? Wtf pal? biggrin.gif

You don't need to. I can and will do it. This saves people having to do it.

I haven't entered people into it yet because I don't want people looking at the brackets before the tournament and thinking that's who they will play. When registration closes I will added everyone and randomise it.

+
# 18Fitton May 19 2016, 01:31 AM
QUOTE(Apmn @ May 19 2016, 06:26 AM) *

Lol yeah no bo9 for the one day tourney. My opinions are about tournaments in general.

The last tournament that had that, wasn't even finished. So that makes me think BO5, 7 or 9 isnt such a good idea in general.

Even when you have days to organise your games, real life still gets in the way and other things.

+
# 19RanDoM'L0L May 20 2016, 21:04 PM
https://www.facebook.com/groups/lotrbfme2v1...463778106098107

Who was this and how much(if) is this convo out of some context?

+
# 20Fitton May 21 2016, 00:27 AM
For those of us who are not members could you post the conversation please?

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)