Explore GameReplays...

Company of Heroes 2

HELP: the game not remember my graphic setting. its reset every time i run it.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1bercerus Oct 21 2014, 11:45 AM
my graphic setting always revert to default (minimal) after i close and re run the game. and its just graphic tab. general setting tab and audio is fine and remember my setting alright. i swear to the god that i click APPLY every time after set it.

this just happen after when i change gpu. from ancient nvidia one to newer radeon. my rig is relic from ice age. im going to upgrade it but just got my hand on gpu first. old dualcore + 2gb ram. but this problem never occur before. all kind of update and driver in my pc is up to date i think.

This post has been edited by bercerus: Oct 21 2014, 11:49 AM

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 2rofltehcat Oct 22 2014, 01:46 AM
Maybe your configuration_system.lua file is write protected? Or your anti-virus prevents permanent changes to it?

You can find it in Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\
Maybe open it with notepad/editor and adjust the values by hand (if you know how). Or better, look if it changes after you changed the options ingame but before closing/restarting the game. Then, after reaching where you want the values to be, make it write-protected to prevent changes to it.

+
# 3bercerus Oct 22 2014, 05:49 AM
QUOTE(rofltehcat @ Oct 22 2014, 01:46 AM) *

Maybe your configuration_system.lua file is write protected? Or your anti-virus prevents permanent changes to it?

You can find it in Documents\my games\company of heroes 2\
Maybe open it with notepad/editor and adjust the values by hand (if you know how). Or better, look if it changes after you changed the options ingame but before closing/restarting the game. Then, after reaching where you want the values to be, make it write-protected to prevent changes to it.

tried it out. but found some thing more bizarre.

just as you say, im set my graphic in game and alt+tab to window to look at config file. yes it change when i apply setting in game. and also found out that every time i run the game will revert config file. (confg file still normal after close game from last time)

so next step. im make config file to read only while it still have value i need. then scary thing happen. i start the game but the graphic setting in game itself is still revert to minimal. hell, i switchto window to see config file and yet it still in read only and setting inside the file is normal(high) like them game didnt read setting from .lua at all.

and the most strange this is the resolution setting is work file!! its not revert or change when i restart game. only graphic option that have a problem. even both thing is in the same config file.

sigh* look like i need to set graphic every time i play now.

+
# 4-Netput Oct 22 2014, 07:29 AM
Did you try to run the game as administrator?
Go to the map where the game is installed-> right click the .exe -> run as administrator.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 5bercerus Oct 22 2014, 09:19 AM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Oct 22 2014, 07:29 AM) *

Did you try to run the game as administrator?
Go to the map where the game is installed-> right click the .exe -> run as administrator.

tried. didnt work.

+
# 6-Netput Oct 22 2014, 11:27 AM
tried to reinstall the game?
when uninstalled, make sure the folder is gone. Else remove the folder manually.

Clan: Prisoners Of War

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 7bercerus Oct 23 2014, 21:37 PM
QUOTE(-Netput @ Oct 22 2014, 11:27 AM) *

tried to reinstall the game?
when uninstalled, make sure the folder is gone. Else remove the folder manually.

im uninstall the game. and jsut to be sure i even uninstall steam. erase all profile folder or anything might relate to game or steam. [luckily that i only have coh2 in steam right now]

i flush everything out. super clean uninstall - reboot - and install all of it again. and....................

nope it didnt work. hell, after i run the game first time of this time. gameplay setting have my old setting instead of default one. even after i do a clean reinstall. its look like somehow them game have other source config file. not just one in owner/my doc/my games/

is there a config file in a location i didnt know of? i sure that i wipe every thing of coh in drive c clean for good.

right now my final absolute line of defense against this problem is uninstall window [tried system restore but work either] luckily again im plan to change to 64bit soon. and if this revert thing still happen it will narrow problem to game bug itself or save sync have done some thing to config file.

This post has been edited by bercerus: Oct 23 2014, 21:54 PM

+
# 8subroutine Oct 24 2014, 09:26 AM
You've gone from Nvidia to ATI so unless you've completely removed all traces of the Nvidia graphics driver, you're likely to get problems. DDU will remove graphics drivers but use it at your own risk. I had to clear out one of my old Radeon drivers recently even though I was just upgrading to a newer version because the new driver wasn't installing correctly.

Clan: GameReplays.org

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 9bercerus Oct 24 2014, 16:15 PM
QUOTE(subroutine @ Oct 24 2014, 09:26 AM) *

You've gone from Nvidia to ATI so unless you've completely removed all traces of the Nvidia graphics driver, you're likely to get problems. DDU will remove graphics drivers but use it at your own risk. I had to clear out one of my old Radeon drivers recently even though I was just upgrading to a newer version because the new driver wasn't installing correctly.

okay.... i select clean of nvidia and after reboot i clean ati too just in case. and tick 'delete amd and nvidia folder in /C'

now my pc in clean of any kind of display driver. and then i install driver again. but problem still exist. jeez

hope this problem gone after i format and reinstall window. unless this problem is a curse or something.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)