Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Hi All

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1The_Legion Sep 7 2014, 15:16 PM
Hello everyone, I am a new member of your forum and a new online player.
I've known about these forums for some time and even had the game a few years longer than that but didn't really have the time to play competitively back then.
Now that I have some free time and decided to *finally* (I know I am a *little* bit too late) try online I found out about servers dying and the new service.

Anyways I was wondering whether you guys still play and if noobs are welcome considering player count has dropped and it probably wouldn't be much fun to play with a newbie.

Aside from that I am planning to main as Soviets (as I favored them in RA2 as well) and have been watching some replays and Sybert's awesome casting. (His videos made me want to play again and probably the reason why I joined here).

So here I am, and have a nice day.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2iNdK Sep 7 2014, 19:58 PM
QUOTE(The_Legion @ Sep 7 2014, 15:16 PM) *

Hello everyone, I am a new member of your forum and a new online player.
I've known about these forums for some time and even had the game a few years longer than that but didn't really have the time to play competitively back then.
Now that I have some free time and decided to *finally* (I know I am a *little* bit too late) try online I found out about servers dying and the new service.

Anyways I was wondering whether you guys still play and if noobs are welcome considering player count has dropped and it probably wouldn't be much fun to play with a newbie.

Aside from that I am planning to main as Soviets (as I favored them in RA2 as well) and have been watching some replays and Sybert's awesome casting. (His videos made me want to play again and probably the reason why I joined here).

So here I am, and have a nice day.

Welcome to Red3/GR thumb.gif

If not already a blatant fact to point out - everyone starts off as a noob. With that said, you might want to read the Mentoring//Strategy sections to get antiquated with the metagame etc. It's refreshing to your interest in playing Soviets - there's not a who lot of top-tier dedication for the Hammer(s) & Sickle(s) these days pirate.gif

Game: None

+
# 3The_Legion Sep 8 2014, 12:01 PM
QUOTE(iNdK @ Sep 7 2014, 22:58 PM) *

Welcome to Red3/GR thumb.gif

If not already a blatant fact to point out - everyone starts off as a noob. With that said, you might want to read the Mentoring//Strategy sections to get antiquated with the metagame etc. It's refreshing to your interest in playing Soviets - there's not a who lot of top-tier dedication for the Hammer(s) & Sickle(s) these days pirate.gif

Thanks iNdK, I will check them out. Btw. is mentoring still available, because "last action" on Mentoring forums seem to be old? If nothing else I can still read what is written like you suggested, of course.

Well, Tingu and Dankal's replays might have something to do with my interest in Soviets.

+
# 4Constable Chris Sep 8 2014, 15:01 PM
They are the best indeed, but you can also look up Kivi, GBHMicheal, and of course Wahab0 wink.gif who happens to be a very agressive soviet player.

Clan: H2O

+
# 5The_Legion Sep 8 2014, 15:40 PM
QUOTE(Chris880 @ Sep 8 2014, 18:01 PM) *

They are the best indeed, but you can also look up Kivi, GBHMicheal, and of course Wahab0 wink.gif who happens to be a very agressive soviet player.

Thanks for the tip Chris. Actually I do remember watching a replay of GBHMichael fighting YuiYui on infinity isle. He sniped an aircraft carrier with Natasha and took control of it like two times, it was fun to see that stolen unit destroying stuff smile.gif.

+
# 6w3rk Sep 8 2014, 16:03 PM
Welcome!

+
# 7The_Legion Sep 8 2014, 16:14 PM
QUOTE(w3rk @ Sep 8 2014, 19:03 PM) *

Welcome!

Thanks w3rk!

+
# 8Vindies Sep 8 2014, 20:05 PM
Welcome!! - always great to see new faces smile.gif

Clan: m8s

+
# 9Commissioner Sybert Sep 9 2014, 03:55 AM
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o New Soviet in here!
Welcome to you and glad to see a fresh face. If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM.

+
# 10Super Power Sep 9 2014, 08:19 AM
hey ya nice to see some new people like u and I wish to play vs u when u improve to be a hard one
so let's be friends!
see ya around

+
# 11The_Legion Sep 9 2014, 13:21 PM
QUOTE(Vindies @ Sep 8 2014, 23:05 PM) *

Welcome!! - always great to see new faces smile.gif

Thanks Vindies smile.gif. Btw I watched your live streaming vs Kiro two days ago, that "crazy" one. Really like your style with seaport and almost no armor facility. Hope I can be as fast as you someday wink.gif (Hmm maybe I should switch to Allies..)

QUOTE(Commissioner Sybert @ Sep 9 2014, 06:55 AM) *

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o New Soviet in here!
Welcome to you and glad to see a fresh face. If you have any questions don't hesitate to PM.

Thank you Sybert, I will try not to spam too much. smile.gif

QUOTE(Super Power @ Sep 9 2014, 11:19 AM) *

hey ya nice to see some new people like u and I wish to play vs u when u improve to be a hard one
so let's be friends!
see ya around

Sure, let's be friends Super Power! Hope to be good enough to challange you later on. See you too.

--

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
P.S. It is more likely that you will see me as TwistedBlade in the game, at least until I get better.

+
# 12Constable Chris Sep 9 2014, 13:52 PM
QUOTE(The_Legion @ Sep 9 2014, 13:21 PM) *

(Hmm maybe I should switch to Allies..)

Nooooooo, keep soviets tongue.gif There is hardly any active soviet player! It's enough that an allied player won the last tourney, thats cause our soviet experts are inactive at the moment, so keep soviets!! tongue.gif It's my advice but its up to you!

+
# 13The_Legion Sep 9 2014, 15:16 PM
QUOTE(Chris880 @ Sep 9 2014, 16:52 PM) *

Nooooooo, keep soviets tongue.gif There is hardly any active soviet player! It's enough that an allied player won the last tourney, thats cause our soviet experts are inactive at the moment, so keep soviets!! tongue.gif It's my advice but its up to you!

Don't worry Chris, I'll win the next tournament as Soviets wink.gif
..even though In Soviet Russia tournament wins you.

Btw. I watched a few Wahab0 replays and understood what you meant by "very agressive" smile.gif

+
# 14Constable Chris Sep 9 2014, 16:33 PM
QUOTE(The_Legion @ Sep 9 2014, 15:16 PM) *

Don't worry Chris, I'll win the next tournament as Soviets wink.gif
..even though In Soviet Russia tournament wins you.

Btw. I watched a few Wahab0 replays and understood what you meant by "very agressive" smile.gif

+1

Yes Wahab's playstyle is very cool! You will find it very useful, espcially vs empire players! wink.gif

But also, watch replays of every good soviet player, because each one has his own playstyle and some have some tricks that you might find useful vs a specific faction smile.gif

+
# 15FFF Sep 9 2014, 23:25 PM
welcome

+
# 16The_Legion Sep 10 2014, 12:23 PM
QUOTE(Chris880 @ Sep 9 2014, 19:33 PM) *

+1

Yes Wahab's playstyle is very cool! You will find it very useful, espcially vs empire players! wink.gif

But also, watch replays of every good soviet player, because each one has his own playstyle and some have some tricks that you might find useful vs a specific faction smile.gif

Will do. smile.gif

QUOTE(FFF @ Sep 10 2014, 02:25 AM) *

welcome

Thanks.

+
# 17{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Sep 10 2014, 19:18 PM
QUOTE(FFF @ Sep 9 2014, 23:25 PM) *

welcome

+1

Clan: DiVerSiTy

+
# 18The_Legion Sep 13 2014, 12:08 PM
QUOTE(The_Legion @ Sep 10 2014, 15:23 PM) *

Thanks.

+1

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)