Explore GameReplays...

Heroes of Newerth

HoN Patch 2.5.20 Is Live

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1kustodian Apr 22 2012, 14:38 PM
HoN Patch 2.5.20 Is Live

What do you think of the HP regen nerf of melee heroes and the tweaks to some heroes?

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 2ToRtUr3 Apr 22 2012, 23:41 PM
Hardly notice the health regen and I like the semibuff on Soulstealer. I hate to tell my team "sry guys, gotta farm souls again before we fight". So only losing 10 instead of 15 souls (on max amount) is less frustrating now and only takes 2 waves instead of 3.

Swiftblade idk. He already had enough as it was. Not sure but I think he's able to go bladefrenzy twice now before being oom.

Oh and Torturer being less of a tower-destroying-machine is quite ok.

"Invisibility rune now acts like Assassin's Shroud in terms of what breaks it and what doesn't" Does that mean that you don't get visible before your spell goes off? Like with SS when you cast Ult. If you do it with shroud, you'll be invis until it goes off. If you have the invis rune, you'll be revealed when you start casting which allows the enemy to stun you quickly.

+
# 3somonels Apr 23 2012, 08:39 AM
SS mod was not a buff as such, but a reduction in death penalty.

Have to hand it to S2 Game, they are making the the balance a lot more rounded, can't wait until: magmus receives an ult nerf; Andromeda's ult no longer being instant, but a both heroes getting a short flight time; Genjuro replenishing a charge when nearby enemy hero dies;trees start blocking at least skillshots, perhaps ranged autoattacks; we need some bushes that make players inside invisible.
I can't believe how much like LoL HoN feels right now. I'll keep wailing on it until I can try out DotA 2 to confirm if I'm just fed up with the sub-genre.

H@ the free roaster; Love the Magmus alt, getting it in AsAP - in 2 years at the current rate of coin acquisition.

This post has been edited by somonels: Apr 23 2012, 08:42 AM

Game: None

+
# 4Rizky Apr 24 2012, 02:06 AM
QUOTE(ToRtUr3 @ Apr 23 2012, 02:41 AM) *

Hardly notice the health regen and I like the semibuff on Soulstealer. I hate to tell my team "sry guys, gotta farm souls again before we fight". So only losing 10 instead of 15 souls (on max amount) is less frustrating now and only takes 2 waves instead of 3.

Swiftblade idk. He already had enough as it was. Not sure but I think he's able to go bladefrenzy twice now before being oom.

Oh and Torturer being less of a tower-destroying-machine is quite ok.

"Invisibility rune now acts like Assassin's Shroud in terms of what breaks it and what doesn't" Does that mean that you don't get visible before your spell goes off? Like with SS when you cast Ult. If you do it with shroud, you'll be invis until it goes off. If you have the invis rune, you'll be revealed when you start casting which allows the enemy to stun you quickly.

I think the fade-time of it ending wasn't changed, so SS casting ulti wouldn't be like shroud's.

What I do think it affects on are the following:

1. If you activate your invis rune and start casting a channeling spell before the 3 seconds fade time has ended, it won't break the channeling.
2. Some spell animation cancels. Let's take pyro for an example. If you cast stun with him, but canceled it with S before casting it, your invis still broke. Perhaps that isn't the case anymore.

(a possibility only) 3. Using bottle that has invis rune doesn't break channeling.

These are my ideas about the change. Haven't tested these in practice yet.

Clan: Insane

+
# 5Golle Apr 24 2012, 04:16 AM
I really like the Tort pushing nerf! Rest I agree with Tortur3. Dono what the invis rune will be like now gotta see it in game.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 6Witchking' Apr 24 2012, 05:24 AM
QUOTE(Rizky @ Apr 24 2012, 04:06 AM) *

I think the fade-time of it ending wasn't changed, so SS casting ulti wouldn't be like shroud's.

Shroud = invis rune for soul stealer ultimate, test it.

What I do think it affects on are the following:

1. If you activate your invis rune and start casting a channeling spell before the 3 seconds fade time has ended, it won't break the channeling.

Yes
2. Some spell animation cancels. Let's take pyro for an example. If you cast stun with him, but canceled it with S before casting it, your invis still broke. Perhaps that isn't the case anymore.

Invis doesn't break anymore. Same case like soul stealer so to say.

(a possibility only) 3. Using bottle that has invis rune doesn't break channeling.

No, it still breaks.

+
# 7ToRtUr3 Apr 24 2012, 19:35 PM
QUOTE(somonels @ Apr 23 2012, 10:39 AM) *

SS mod was not a buff as such, but a reduction in death penalty.

I know it wasn't directly a buff, hence I added semi. It still indirectly buffed the hero incase of death. Reduces farmtime needed for upcoming battles.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)