Explore GameReplays...

Soulstorm

How do i get custom badges and banners?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Ryeguy610 Mar 16 2008, 20:37 PM
i was wondering if anyone can tell me how to get custom banners and badges. i wanna use this one symbol but i dont know how to get it to work in ss. if anyone can tell me how or what programs i might need that would be great. thanks.

+
# 2Killeritch Mar 16 2008, 21:18 PM
Everything you need to know, including a large number of helpful links, can be found here. Although that being a DC page, it may get deleted soon. Meh, I can't be bothered to copy/paste it all here. Just don't hang around, ok? Make sure you get it done.

Game: Soulstorm

+
# 3Ryeguy610 Mar 16 2008, 22:05 PM
ok i went to that link and i downloaded that paint.net program. but after i pick the image i want to make into the badge/banner i change it to the right size and then what. after i change the size of it and save it in the badge section under my soulstorm file it doesn't show up. how do i get it to show up in the game so i can use it

+
# 4Ryeguy610 Mar 16 2008, 22:29 PM
ok i have also downloaded the program gimp. if anyone can give me a tutorial or something because i dont really do this stuff. so if anyone can give me exact instructions on how to take this band image i have and make it into a badge/banner. i'd prefer to use gimp but i also have paint.net so w/e someone could give me instructions for would be great.

+
# 5Ryeguy610 Mar 16 2008, 22:30 PM
ok i have also downloaded the program gimp. if anyone can give me a tutorial or something because i dont really do this stuff. so if anyone can give me exact instructions on how to take this band symbol i have and make it into a badge/banner that awesome. i'd prefer to use gimp but i also have paint.net so w/e someone could give me instructions for would be great.

+
# 6Ninjabutter Mar 16 2008, 22:38 PM
QUOTE(Ryeguy610 @ Mar 16 2008, 16:05 PM) *

ok i went to that link and i downloaded that paint.net program. but after i pick the image i want to make into the badge/banner i change it to the right size and then what. after i change the size of it and save it in the badge section under my soulstorm file it doesn't show up. how do i get it to show up in the game so i can use it

Are you saving it as a .tga file or as a regular .jpg or whatever? It'll only display .tga files.

Clan: Hardcore Prawn

Game: None

+
# 7Ryeguy610 Mar 16 2008, 22:42 PM
.tga file. when i use paint.net i save it with the size 64x64. well it saves a lil smaller then that to make it to scale. then i save it as a .tga file and put it in the badge section of my ss file but it doesn't show up in the army painter to chose.

+
# 8Ninjabutter Mar 16 2008, 22:47 PM
I've had issues with badges and banners, the right size and .tga files, not showing up in my army painter list. I've never been able to figure out why, though, try making another few of them (whatever, just plain red or something) and see if any of them show up. With mine it seemed quite random.

+
# 9Ryeguy610 Mar 16 2008, 22:51 PM
k i'll give it a try a lil later but is there anything else i should be doing to the image. im trying to take a band symbol and make it into a badge/banner. do i just have to change the size of the pixels and make sure it saves as a .tga file. or is there something else to it?

+
# 10Ninjabutter Mar 16 2008, 23:01 PM
So long as it's a .tga image of the right pixel size, it should work.

+
# 11Ryeguy610 Mar 16 2008, 23:12 PM
ok i got it. its showing up in the army painter now. i dunno why it wouldn't before. i think it might of been because it wasn't exactly 64x64 might of been the problem but either way its working now. thx for the help

+
# 12ShortRoundMcfly Jun 8 2014, 23:27 PM
Testing something

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

Game: Soulstorm

+
# 13Oliver de Clisson Mar 25 2023, 16:41 PM
QUOTE(ShortRoundMcfly @ Jun 8 2014, 23:27 PM) *

Testing something

set it up ingame

Clan: The Last Knights of Middle-Earth

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)