Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

I've decided to stop playing TW and KW.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1shocktapus Apr 12 2014, 18:08 PM
I have had a lot of good games with a lot of people, but I think it is time for me to stop playing C&C for good. I did want to go out on a high by winning some sort of tournament, but with the imminent closure of gamespy and given how hard it is to find a game I don't think that is going to happen.

Logging onto TW these days makes me sad due to its inactivity and I think games should be there for you to have fun with and not making you unhappy. In order to find someone good on TW I have to invest too much time hanging around the lobby waiting for someone good to come on or playing people who are not a challenge which again makes me bored and frustrated. Because of this, TW has become a massive time sink for me and I have been neglecting my other interests. This has been making me become withdrawn, depressed and (after playing a lot of KW) angry. I do not like myself when I get this way as so the only thing to do is to stop playing.

I have enjoyed playing with a lot of you guys, enjoyed some friendly and some not so friendly rivalries with players so I don't want to leave without saying bye as I feel a lot of you have come what feels like good friends.

So yeah, bye guys. Was fun while it lasted.

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2TRIberiumX Apr 13 2014, 00:30 AM
QUOTE(Sh0ckTr34tment @ Apr 13 2014, 02:08 AM) *

I have had a lot of good games with a lot of people, but I think it is time for me to stop playing C&C for good. I did want to go out on a high by winning some sort of tournament, but with the imminent closure of gamespy and given how hard it is to find a game I don't think that is going to happen.

Logging onto TW these days makes me sad due to its inactivity and I think games should be there for you to have fun with and not making you unhappy. In order to find someone good on TW I have to invest too much time hanging around the lobby waiting for someone good to come on or playing people who are not a challenge which again makes me bored and frustrated. Because of this, TW has become a massive time sink for me and I have been neglecting my other interests. This has been making me become withdrawn, depressed and (after playing a lot of KW) angry. I do not like myself when I get this way as so the only thing to do is to stop playing.

I have enjoyed playing with a lot of you guys, enjoyed some friendly and some not so friendly rivalries with players so I don't want to leave without saying bye as I feel a lot of you have come what feels like good friends.

So yeah, bye guys. Was fun while it lasted.

I don't blame you sh0ck.
I feel the exact same way when I log onto TW.
Due to the vast skill level differences, its hard to find equal-rating players on TW anymore.
Plus players like me lag like crap.
And we always know how frustrating it is to keep losing/ winning, with absolutely no sense of achievement/gratification.

Wish you the best of luck and happiness pursuing your other dreams, go out and do really enjoyable stuff, really sucks now that i think the only thing I do best these 2 years, during conscription, is just C&C.
Your statement here is a wake-up call for me as well.

Game: None

+
# 3shocktapus Apr 13 2014, 01:15 AM
And as a goodbye present - my 2014 replay collection vs Wanted/Maze/Bike/Tech:

Attached File(s)
Attached File Replays.zip
Size: 4.28mb
Number of downloads: 50
Player Name Side Team

+
# 4Plokite_Wolf Apr 13 2014, 08:56 AM
I feel ya, Sh0ck, times certainly aren't the best. But, since we probably can't convince you to change your mind, I can only wish you all the best in your "neglected" interests.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 5ytchasse600ful Apr 13 2014, 10:19 AM
sad.gif

+
# 6_Unknown_ Apr 13 2014, 12:09 PM
ohmy.gif

Clan: GameReplays.org

+
# 7Luvaskot Apr 13 2014, 12:56 PM
sad.gif

+
# 8PoKeMoM Apr 13 2014, 15:48 PM
cnc3 players retire to often, I think i'll start playing again. Anyway, see you in a few months Shock.

+
# 9d.EAonlineID Apr 13 2014, 18:20 PM
QUOTE(PoKèMoM @ Apr 13 2014, 15:48 PM) *

cnc3 players retire to often, I think i'll start playing again. Anyway, see you in a few months Shock.

Nice Pokemon back smile.gif

+
# 10miserable Apr 14 2014, 05:24 AM
Just promise to stick around the forums and help and and what not, maybe play in tournaments pending the results of the gamespy scenario. Perhaps one day there will be a game that is new and you enjoy at the same level cnc3 brought you, and perhaps that game will be populated with players on your skill level. until then good luck smile.gif

+
# 11Fatuscrilius Apr 14 2014, 14:53 PM
Hmm sad to hear Shock, yea i got the waiting part, at times i would chill and talk with you in lobby's to pass time and it seemed like it took forever. With so many players already inactive in Tw it seems like the best decision, here's hoping Cnc can have a revival in a new game.

+
# 12crazyone1 Apr 14 2014, 22:23 PM
alex can i play with you one more game?

+
# 13shocktapus Apr 14 2014, 23:27 PM
I have missed playing you Crazyone. I would be happy to play one more time if you set a time you want to play.

+
# 14onch-onch Apr 14 2014, 23:53 PM
Bye bye my shocky sad.gif Told you it was dead,

Hope to see u at grey goo smile.gif
I'm sure we will stay in contact smile.gif

Game: AirMech

+
# 15JCDoo7 Apr 18 2014, 10:27 AM
Pity that you leave, Sh0ck, but it's your decisions after all. Thank you for being with us as long as you could, and for all the great work you did for this section and game itself thumb.gif

So, farewell mate!

Game: None

+
# 16Hart Apr 19 2014, 07:27 AM
It is very sad to see, the game I have loved and played for so long heading toward the end sad.gif

Shock you could at least keep playing until the end of the month when it looks like the end anyway? At least this way we give the game a good send off.

Clan: Mates First

+
# 17Detnaw Apr 20 2014, 13:42 PM
good decision wink.gif start playing clash of clans its really fun wink.gif

we had a lot good games I cant even assume how many it was. let me guess you saved all wins vs me and upload every single one now? tongue.gif

joking biggrin.gif take care peace!

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

+
# 18shocktapus Apr 20 2014, 17:52 PM
My replay collection is mainly wins apart from a few important losses. Tbh there were a lot of wins I didn't bother saving because I won easily at the start so there was nothing really to learn from them.

I always watched losses, made notes and then deleted them whereas with wins I would keep them for reference to see what stuff worked in match-ups/maps I was struggling with at a certain time.

But yeah, I thought since I'm no longer playing I may as well share the most recent ones with others for their enjoyment. I think I will still play in the upcoming TW tournament, but I don't think I'll be bothering to practice. May as well play in the last tournament before gamespy shuts down to see if I can go out on a high tongue.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)