Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

If RA4 came , what are the things you are expecting to see?

GamePlay wise
17.65% (6)
More Factions
11.76% (4)
More Factions and Sub-Factions
5.88% (2)
Same Factions with New sub-factions
41.18% (14)
New Units and Structures
11.76% (4)
More Focused and In-depth strategic play with more micromanagment
11.76% (4)
New Resource system , with more than just Ore as a resource
Visuals
85.29% (29)
Completely New Graphics and Building Models
14.71% (5)
More Detail for Units
Storyline
61.76% (21)
Brand New Storyline
38.24% (13)
Picking up where RA3 uprising left and continuing it

Total Votes: 102
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Constable Chris Jan 3 2016, 16:12 PM
Hello.

So ive been thinking lately, if we ever have an RA4, what are the things you would like to see in it?

Clan: H2O

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2blackops Jan 3 2016, 17:37 PM
i voted but i don't think there will be red alert 4 because it's 7 years now without producing new realise it's just a dream the proof of that the gamespy servers are down no more support for red alert or any ea strategy game. the only game has been made is CNC Tiberium alliances and it's shity game i have tried it sad.gif .

+
# 3U24ever Jan 3 2016, 17:51 PM
8 players maps + extra observers spots.

+
# 4Constable Chris Jan 3 2016, 18:11 PM
I would love 4v4 games , but that was only possible in Red Alert 2 Yuri's revenge. I dont know why EA removed that.

@BlackOps dont forget that Red Alet 2 was released on 2000 and Red Alert 3 on 2008. The difference is 8 years, so that doesnt mean 7 years without a new RA game means an RA4 wont happen wink.gif

This post has been edited by Constable Chris: Jan 3 2016, 18:25 PM

+
# 5iNdK Jan 3 2016, 22:17 PM
As for visuals & the like, I'd be happy to accept a game / engine that looks perhaps a little 'dated' if it meant the engine / game would be solid. C&C's run with EA hasn't exactly got a good track record from chasing cosmetic aesthetics tongue.gif

In all honesty though, imo, it's gonna come down to whether the franchise is revamped by a passionate studio & crew, one that isn't a quantity focused production line with underfunded & overworked infrastructure.... or if it'll remain with EA & continue to reign supreme like all the COD & FIFA classics

Sarcastic soap-boxing aside - it'd be pretty cool to see some kind of delayed real-time streaming feature, something that would allow a good number of people to observe whilst not having an impact on lag, with extra features for in-game observing.

Game: None

+
# 6RRcabal Jan 3 2016, 23:08 PM
If there was an RA4, I would like to see a brand new story line, since Uprising to too short, and perhaps a new faction that during the campaign the new faction gets to be your ally.

+
# 7Constable Chris Jan 4 2016, 07:25 AM
I would love to see Sub factions with their unique units. That will certainly mix the action up!

+
# 8Plokite_Wolf Jan 4 2016, 09:36 AM
Considering it'd be from EA, what I expect to see? A Generals 2-style fiasco - always online, free-to-play and/or microtransactions in a genre that doesn't work for that, stupid business and gameplay decisions, shallow gameplay plans.

What I'd like to see? RA2-style fun, a long (for a change) and RA-specifically entertaining single-player campaign, almost-no-useless-unit policy of RA2, useful water of RA3, the map quantity and quality of RA2, and generally that nondescript factor that makes the game replayable to infinity.

The graphics aren't quite important, in fact 2D works great and gives the focus on the gameplay, not the eye-candy. Irrelevant whether it's subfactions or not, RA3 proved that the no-subfactions mode works fine (especially since the subfactions were unbalanced in RA2).

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 9Constable Chris Jan 4 2016, 10:27 AM
2D Graphics are the only thing i hate about RA2 , i know it was released in 2000 but , 2D graphics are just bad IMO . I would opt for 3d graphics that surpass what RA3 has. (That doesnt neccessarly mean that the game will be a mess with effects, but there is a way to make beautiful graphics without affecting readability)

+
# 10Plokite_Wolf Jan 4 2016, 11:48 AM
The only problem with RA2's 2D is that they forced vehicles to be semi-3D voxels which looked ugly. I'm replaying RA2/YR now, it's far easier to strategize there, as everything's clear in a 2D world.

+
# 11c9q9md Jan 4 2016, 12:40 PM
There is so many ways EA could and will fuck up RA4 if it ever were to be made.
Here is how I imagine playing red alert 4 will be like somewhere in the distant future.

Before even opening the game, the mandatory log-in with origin would commence, there is no getting away from this one.
After finally logging in, another mandatory "update" from the client is beeing force-fed into your system.. You minimize origin and open up your internet browser to get away from it while suddenly "Try EA's new Analogy Grape! Now completely free for the first 24 hours!!.." blasts out from the client. It automaticly goes into full-screen mode and there is no way to get out. There is no skip button. You can't mute it. You are forced to look through all the new shit EA has produced during the last 20 minutes. After a good 15 minutes of intense unskippable adds, you are finally at the origin home page.
"Your origin subscription has run out!" "fuck!", you think to yourself, and you open "Origin-wallet™." You have been a loyal EA fan for this long time and have invested heavily into this feature, infact Origin-wallet™ is officially decleared as a bank, and everything you do related to money is sent straight through Origin-wallet™. You open it up to see you got 0$ left. Weird, you was sure you had a fair amount in there! You open up your web browser and it automaticly log you in to "www.EA-news.goy" which Origin automaticly set as your homepage a couple of months ago.
"Computer hackers stolen billions of Origin-wallet™ credentials!" You click the link to find out more and after only 20 minutes of more personalized adds, it opens up the page you wanted. "Origin-wallet™ credentials supposedly saved in plain text"..."No refunds."
Under the headlines, an apologetic scapegoat for Origin has been put in an interview to make an apology. it's their financial head Mr.Shclomoberg Goldstein : "OY VEY Security costs money, we need more donations to fix this!!.."... You close it down and accept that origin take your next month's earnings for letting you use the client. "Not that bad" you think to yourself.

"Red alert 4 is free after all, so I should be able to play it regardless" you think as the red alert 4 pre-loading screen pops up. it is a half naked banner of all the four commanders holding their guns. Tanya, Natasha, Yuriko, and a female sims character, because crossovers are always good. "Pay 200$ to uncensor!", not even in the game yet, and the best selling "feature" is already revealed.

After 5 minutes of once again unskippable adds, you are finally at the home page. At the right side of the screen, a massive list of "features" appears. "Destroy your enemies faster with the supreme tanya freedom pack!" Your previous matches were lost really quickly due to the opponent having such a pack. You click on it and keep on reading. "A one-time boost for only 2$ to send in agent Tanya where desired! The most bang for your buck!" You order this pack, along with other packs to further boost your win-rate. You decide to play skirmish before jumping into ranked mode. For only 20 cent, you can host your own game. Joining the game is free, a true "gift to the community" as labeled by one of the RA4 developers. The lobby soon gets filled with 5 joining. One of the players proudly posts custom commando Emojis in the chat, saying he bought them for only 5$ each. Everyone else in the lobby is astounished and impressed by this. "kurwa" is uttered by one of the players, quickly responded by "Cyka" from another player. This cultural exchange is quickly ended as a BOT mutes both parties and tells them not to use foul langauge in what is supposed to be a "safe space". Seconds after, the BOT reminds us all about the cencorless deal for only 200$.

You ask the remaining people in your lobby to help choose a map, "Sim city" Is in a clear majority, and you look for it in the maps tab. After searching, you find it under the 2$ map section, another great purchase.
The match is finally starting, a 5 man FFA. The loading screen is showing. On both the left and right side, there is adds playing simultaniously, on the bottom is an add for a DLC "Destroy your opponents with this Loading Screen Skip" for only 5$. After a 30 second loading screen, one of the players have already put attack dogs in your refinery spots. Clearly someone with the skip screen DLC. You respond to this by quickly pressing the "Tanya freedom pack" DLC you unlocked earlier. Clearing your own base was piece of cake, and the player with the DLC is beeing killed off by Tanya. Sad Natasha and Yuriko emojis are flooding the chat as you kill off his last structure. On the other places of the map, the russian sims player has established a powerful work force. both the polish soviet and the remaining empire player have teamed up against the sims player. "Sims op" is spammed in chat responded by "xaxaxa" from the russian steamroller. As you keep getting stronger and stronger, there is no way you can lose. The other 3 players have fought it out really hard and both sides are down in numbers. The chat is a mixture of cryllic nonsense and DLC deals beeing advertised.

In the late game, you are in the lead by a mile. The sims player barely defeated both of the other players, but at a hefty cost. You have about 10x more units and structures and the russian guy spent alot of DLC in order to defeat both players. Thinking this will be easy, you send all your forces towards his base. He is getting demolished at all fronts and stand no chance of winning. He is down to 0 production structures and a bunch of sivilian housings.
Suddenly the game freezes for a split second following a "defeated" screen. The sims player had bought the most expensive DLC in order to defeat you. 120$ for an insta-nuke. You praise this player for his skill. Just another day in the world of red alert 4...

This post has been edited by c9q9md: Jan 4 2016, 16:51 PM

+
# 12Constable Chris Jan 4 2016, 12:57 PM
I do agree . Origin is way overloaded with spyware and adware stuff , its annoying. Additionally , there are some games on Origin that you can play without using Origin. I don't trust such a thing anyways, given how many times it was accused of spyware and circumventing privacy.

+
# 13Leoed Jan 4 2016, 16:25 PM
QUOTE(c9q9md @ Jan 4 2016, 07:40 AM) *

There is so many ways EA could and will fuck up RA4 if it ever were to be made.
Here is how I imagine playing red alert 4 will be like somewhere in the distant future.

Before even opening the game, the mandatory log-in with origin would commence, there is no getting away from this one.
After finally logging in, another mandatory "update" from the client is beeing force-fed into your system.. You minimize origin and open up your internet browser to get away from it while suddenly "Try EA's new Analogy Grape! Now completely free for the first 24 hours!!.." blasts out from the client. It automaticly goes into full-screen mode and there is no way to get out. There is no skip button. You can't mute it. You are forced to look through all the new shit EA has produced during the last 20 minutes. After a good 15 minutes of intense unskippable adds, you are finally at the origin home page.
"Your origin subscription has run out!" "fuck!", you think to yourself, and you open "Origin-wallet™." You have been a loyal EA fan for this long time and have invested heavily into this feature, infact Origin-wallet™ is officially decleared as a bank, and everything you do related to money is sent straight through Origin-wallet™. You open it up to see you got 0$ left. Weird, you was sure you had a fair amount in there! You open up your web browser and it automaticly log you in to "www.EA-news.goy" which Origin automaticly set as your homepage a couple of months ago.
"Computer hackers stolen billions of Origin-wallet™ credentials!" You click the link to find out more and after only 20 minutes of more personalized adds, it opens up the page you wanted. "Origin-wallet™ credentials supposedly saved in plain text"..."No refunds."
Under the headlines, an apologetic scapegoat for Origin has been put in an interview to make an apology. it's their financial head Mr.Shclomoberg Goldstein : "OY VEY Security costs money, we need more donations to fix this!!.."... You close it down and accept that origin take your next month's earnings for letting you use the client. "Not that bad" you think to yourself.

"Red alert 4 is free after all, so I should be able to play it regardless" you think as the red alert 4 pre-loading screen pops up. it is a half naked banner of all the four commanders holding their guns. Tanya, Natasha, Yuriko, and a female sims character, because crossovers are always good. "Pay 200$ to uncensor!", not even in the game yet, and the best selling "feature" is already revealed.

After 5 minutes of once again unskippable adds, you are finally at the home page. At the right side of the screen, a massive list of "features" appears. "Destroy your enemies faster with the supreme tanya freedom pack!" Your previous matches were lost really quickly due to the opponent having such a pack. You click on it and keep on reading. "A one-time boost for only 2$ to send in agent Tanya where desired! The most bang for your buck!" You order this pack, along with other packs to further boost your win-rate. You decide to play skirmish before jumping into ranked mode. For only 20 cent, you can host your own game. Joining the game is free, a true "gift to the community" as labeled by one of the RA4 developers. The lobby soon gets filled with 5 joining. One of the players proudly posts custom commando Emojis in the chat, saying he bought them for only 5$ each. Everyone else in the lobby is astounished and impressed by this. "kurwa" is uttered by one of the players, quickly responded by "Cyka" from another player. This cultural exchange is quickly ended as a BOT mutes both parties and tells them not to use foul langauge in what is supposed to be a "safe space". Seconds after, the BOT reminds us all about the cencorless deal for only 200$.

You ask the remaining people in your lobby to help choose a map, "Sim city" Is in a clear majority, and you look for it in the maps tab. After searching, you find it under the 2$ map section, another great purchase.
The match is finally starting, a 5 man FFA. The loading screen is showing. On both the left and right side, there is adds playing simultaniously, on the bottom is an add for a DLC "Destroy your opponents with this Loading Screen Skip" for only 5$. After a 30 second loading screen, one of the players have already put attack dogs in your refinery spots. Clearly someone with the skip screen DLC. You respond to this by quickly pressing the "Tanya freedom back" DLC you unlocked earlier. Clearing your own base was piece of cake, and the player with the DLC is beeing killed off by Tanya. Sad Natasha and Yuriko emjois are flooding the chat as you kill off his last structure. On the other places of the map, the russian sims player has established a powerful work force. both the polish soviet and the remaining empire player have teamed up against the sims player. "Sims op" is spammed in chat responded by "xaxaxa" from the russian steamroller. As you keep getting stronger and stronger, there is no way you can lose. The other 3 players have fought it out really hard and both sides are down in numbers. The chat is a mixture of cryllic nonsense and DLC deals beeing advertised.

In the late game, you are in the lead by a mile. The sims player barely defeated both of the other players, but at a hefty cost. You have about 10x more units and structures and the russian guy spent alot of DLC in order to defeat both players. Thinking this will be easy, you send all your forces towards his base. He is getting demolished at all fronts and stand no chance of winning. He is down to 0 production structures and a bunch of sivilian housings.
Suddenly the game freezes for a split second following a "defeated" screen. The sims player had bought the most expensive DLC in order to defeat you. 120$ for an insta-nuke. You praise this player for his skill. Just another day in the world of red alert 4...

C9 u r great.

+
# 14Constable Chris Jan 4 2016, 16:33 PM
He does have a point , look at my last post.

+
# 15zokker13 Jan 4 2016, 17:40 PM
With John Riccitello's retirement I don't see any chance of a C&C at the horizion. Anyway, maybe in 3-7 years they'll announce something.

And since it's EA who we are talking about, it's gonna be limited by time.
I don't expect an esport title.
It will probably be some kind of casual oriented game with team games being the major role.

Of course it's Origin bound. Maybe with some sucking web browser like BF3 or BF4.

I don't really believe in RA4. It should be a Tiberium title since C&C Online alias Generals 2 failed horribly.
So the economy system will hopefully have some depth (nothing like RA3) with "different" ressources (I really enjoyed Tiberium Wars with their Energy management and blue Tiberium fields. Easy yet powerful).

The engine will better as SAGE (which shouldn't be too big of a task). I hope there won't be any FPS limiter.
I don't care much for graphics. I enjoyed the RA3 style and Tiberium style. But don't mix them.

I don't care much for the factions either. Three factions sound good. Two will do but they need to have some subfactions then.

+
# 16Constable Chris Jan 4 2016, 18:02 PM
There won't likely be any other Tiberium related cnc , since the Tiberium storyline was concluded in C&C 4: Tiberian Twilight.

+
# 17Plokite_Wolf Jan 4 2016, 18:07 PM
QUOTE(Constable Chris @ Jan 4 2016, 19:02 PM) *
There won't likely be any other Tiberium related cnc , since the Tiberium storyline was concluded in C&C 4: Tiberian Twilight.

You never heard of reboots and spinoffs, it seems tongue.gif

+
# 18Constable Chris Jan 4 2016, 18:49 PM
I actually havent tongue.gif I don't think i have ever seen a story line , gets restarted after its last concluding game...

+
# 19psychoturtle Jan 4 2016, 20:16 PM
I don't expect RA4 to come out in this decade, and don't care much for fancy graphics, it can look like RA3 if you ask me, that's fine. What I would love to see is a new storyline, but with the same factions (possibly a continuation of Uprising but Uprising sucked). I would absolutely love the return of Yuri and his faction. A 4th faction with the current 3 would make things very interesting.

+
# 20Zak.T Jan 4 2016, 22:09 PM
QUOTE(psychoturtle @ Jan 4 2016, 20:16 PM) *

I don't expect RA4 to come out in this decade, and don't care much for fancy graphics, it can look like RA3 if you ask me, that's fine. What I would love to see is a new storyline, but with the same factions (possibly a continuation of Uprising but Uprising sucked). I would absolutely love the return of Yuri and his faction. A 4th faction with the current 3 would make things very interesting.

and some sort of the GLA faction lol that will be cool xD

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)