Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Is it possible to select multiple buildings at once?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1aMadMan Apr 24 2015, 08:03 AM
Is it possible to select multiple buildings at once kind of you select your units? For example - I have 4 goblins caves, and instead of selecting them one by one to produce GW, you select a group and click only once.

I'm asking this because it's tedious and have nothing to do with tactical skills to select buildings one after another. Besides, it takes lots of precious time.

+
# 2Lazarus° Apr 24 2015, 08:12 AM
Nope, u can bind buildings with numbers(ctrl+number while selected) and set rally point for all PB by shift+rpm while one of them selected.

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3aMadMan Apr 24 2015, 08:17 AM
I know these tips Laz, but still it'd be great to have such feature.

Especially with gobs - if you have like 7-8 caves (which happens quite often), it still takes time to recruit gobs.

+
# 4The Smoking Man™ Apr 24 2015, 08:20 AM
QUOTE(aMadMan @ Apr 24 2015, 09:17 AM) *
I know these tips Laz, but still it'd be great to have such feature.

Especially with gobs - if you have like 7-8 caves (which happens quite often), it still takes time to recruit gobs.

I can only think of that many caves in a Gob mirror, but even then I will prefer to shoot myself or my opponent rather than managing a 8 cave spam.

That SUCKS.

+
# 5aMadMan Apr 24 2015, 08:22 AM
But it still happens on larger maps. Laza likes this kind of tactic too as far as I know ;-)

+
# 6Lazarus° Apr 24 2015, 09:11 AM
You cant select many PB cause if u start production in all buildings at once, units will break CP max.

QUOTE(The Smoking Manâ„¢ @ Apr 24 2015, 10:20 AM) *

I can only think of that many caves in a Gob mirror, but even then I will prefer to shoot myself or my opponent rather than managing a 8 cave spam.

That SUCKS.

Its funniest part of game lol, but requires good macro and micro otherwise u will be just lagging.

+
# 7Motoma Apr 24 2015, 09:17 AM
I've tried watching that replay before, but it always crashes just as it's loading. I have the map, is there something I'm missing?

+
# 8Lazarus° Apr 24 2015, 09:20 AM
Maybe wrong version of map, replay is on 1.01. Delete map folder and download 1.01.

+
# 9Mako Apr 24 2015, 09:24 AM
maybe u have an older version or the replay is on the older version

+
# 10Mako Apr 24 2015, 09:26 AM
@ aMadMan... see here HERE

there are many answers at your questions

+
# 11aMadMan Apr 24 2015, 10:33 AM
I know these hotkeys and trying to use them efficiently. Where is the part on Gobs anyway? ;-)

+
# 12Mako Apr 24 2015, 12:02 PM
QUOTE(aMadMan @ Apr 24 2015, 10:33 AM) *

I know these hotkeys and trying to use them efficiently. Where is the part on Gobs anyway? ;-)

mmm u know and didn't know how to place beacon... but ok biggrin.gif it's an old guide... as the other guides i think that someone will upload them with U202v5

+
# 13Thoon Apr 25 2015, 18:02 PM
If it were possible, I'd definitely be in favor of adding this feature. I can imagine it'd be a bit trick to implement, though.

Clan: Broken Sword Legion

+
# 14Excalibur Apr 25 2015, 22:44 PM
I wouldn't like to see such a feature implemented. Yes, you would waste less time to recruit units but the point is not to make everything easier for the player. Spamming units and not leaving your PBs idle should be based on the player's skill level and not on a single hotkey.

+
# 15Phoenix Apr 25 2015, 22:55 PM
Just cycle through the number hotkeys to select your buildings individually. Use lower numbers for units and higher numbers for structures. I never seem to hotkey structures though even though I know I can. I should make that a habit while I play.

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
# 16DreadReapr Apr 26 2015, 07:47 AM
i always use 1 2 3 4 5... for production buildings... then 6 or more for cavalry units
0 for fortress to quickly trigger men/isen tower or fire/ice ball on it

+
# 17Mako Apr 26 2015, 07:57 AM
QUOTE(DreadReapr @ Apr 26 2015, 07:47 AM) *

i always use 1 2 3 4 5... for production buildings... then 6 or more for cavalry units
0 for fortress to quickly trigger men/isen tower or fire/ice ball on it

For fortress u could use h

+
# 18MauHúR Apr 27 2015, 14:52 PM
Id also love to have that cause i played SC2 for a while where you also just have to doubleclick your raxes to select all of the same type.

+
# 19Phoenix Apr 27 2015, 21:43 PM
QUOTE(Excalibur @ Apr 25 2015, 18:44 PM) *

I wouldn't like to see such a feature implemented. Yes, you would waste less time to recruit units but the point is not to make everything easier for the player. Spamming units and not leaving your PBs idle should be based on the player's skill level and not on a single hotkey.

If you remember to check one PB to see if it's busy, you are also remembering to check the others too. Such a change wouldn't make things easier for the players for this reason, but it would save a few annoying seconds of having to click on each one in turn, especially later in the game when a lot of PBs of the same type are plausible.

But the problem is that each PB does something independently of another. Even if you could have one interface representing everything when you double click on a building, how would that interface effectively show what is happening at each building? And what happens in cases where you have say a level 2 HotKM and two level 1 HotKM's, with the level 2 producing Dunedain swordsmen? Or when 3 of your four Goblin Caves are producing Goblins? Even if it was feasible to implement something like this (which I seriously doubt), it would be difficult to come up with an interface that shows everything in a useful way.

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
# 20The Smoking Man™ Apr 28 2015, 01:58 AM
QUOTE(BlueKnight @ Apr 27 2015, 22:43 PM) *

If you remember to check one PB to see if it's busy, you are also remembering to check the others too. Such a change wouldn't make things easier for the players for this reason, but it would save a few annoying seconds of having to click on each one in turn, especially later in the game when a lot of PBs of the same type are plausible.

But the problem is that each PB does something independently of another. Even if you could have one interface representing everything when you double click on a building, how would that interface effectively show what is happening at each building? And what happens in cases where you have say a level 2 HotKM and two level 1 HotKM's, with the level 2 producing Dunedain swordsmen? Or when 3 of your four Goblin Caves are producing Goblins? Even if it was feasible to implement something like this (which I seriously doubt), it would be difficult to come up with an interface that shows everything in a useful way.

+1. Basically what I wanted to say.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)