Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

KW Mod Presentation - One Vision

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ThePlatypus Sep 11 2013, 16:29 PM
I know that this site is about competitive online play and the interest for mods are rather low but a few might be interested in One Vision nonetheless.

Mod Description

One Vision is a mod which aims to enhance all factions by proving new upgrades, performing gameplay changes, fixing bugs and adding/altering units.
Every faction has its own theme and gameplay approach and is supposed to play differently (rather than taking away upgrades/units and provide some replacements in exchange(.
The same applies for the three vanilla factions which are now substituted by derivatives of themself, giving them an interesting twist but they stay true to the original concept of the faction.
One Vision does not change Kane's Wrath ecosystem.

The mod is designed to be played by people who enjoy the overall experience of Kane's Wrath but want greater diversity between the factions. I also want to offer more viable startegies options and reduce lame and spam possibilities to a minimum. Lan play with friends is also a field of application.

Mod Status

A great range of changes and additions have already been done but the mod is still in development and everything is subject to change. Bugs from the original game and the mode may still be present, but I want to fix those bugs just like 1.02+ plus does.

What I hope for is gathering feedback and fair criticism. I want more opinions on the changes and would like to know which units you believe to be over/underpowered.
Also, I appreciate ideas, as long as they are serious and stick to the theme of a faction.

If there is something that always bugged you, or a certain combo/mechanic which you believe to be too strong against a faction, let me know and I will see what I can do.

download

You can get the mod from Moddb:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/cnc3-kw-one-visi...vision-new-beta

Inside the downloaded zip you find an installation guide and changelogs.

Screenshots

Now, a few screenshots, one for each faction and a brief summary over some of the changes and additions made.

Black Hand
IPB Image

Many changes were done to Black Hand in order to make manspam less effective and promote heat based technology.
Mantis drones have been replaced by Aggressor Tanks (Stealth tanks without stealth) that can gain a temporarily armor buff.
Less Confessors from destroyed buildings.

MoK
IPB Image

MoK is now more of a gimmick faction and many base units have been altered to make this faction play more differently. T2 Awakened with TibTroopers as start units (imagine them as toxin rebels). Nod bikes or Scorps, but a T1 Mantis which is similar to Seekers but with less health and more firepower.
Raiders have less health, but carry repair drones and have no emp coils but a Rage upgrade.
They also have an expensive upgrade which allows Avatars to control enemy base defenses if they can get close.

Renegades
IPB Image

Renegades is basically Nod but with heavier emphasis on traps, stealth and buffs and sacrificing units.
Almost every unit can be detonated remotely to cause damage to surrounding units. Upgrades mount speaker towers on Reckoners and improve Kane's Voice (see the chinese speaker tower effect once the upgrade finished).

RRF (replaces GDI)
IPB Image

RRF gives GDI more mobility and more options to scout. Predators and Mammoth tanks can be equipped with Sonic Propulsions to increase their speed and air transports are cheaper. Rifleman Squads can also place explosive charges similar to shadows, only much weaker (requires upgrade).

ZOCOM
IPB Image

Good defenses, no more AP ammo but various armor and infantry upgrades. Female Red Arrows replace Commandos and Echo-Troopers (Zone-Trooper reskin) can outrange defenses with their echo-cannons. Sonic shells upgrade for Preds, Mammoths, Rigs and Guardians.

Steel Talons
IPB Image

Mix of low tech and high tech with actualy useful infantry. AP rockets, similar to Tibcore rockets and some reworked units such as Titans (more expensive, less cost effective but with a buffing aura), Wolverines or MRTs.

Messenger-8
IPB Image

Replaces vanilla scrin and offers more armor and general durability than normal Scrin. They can fast repair buildings for a price and upgrade the armor of scrin units (see the screenshots above). Changes to Ravager and Shock-Trooper have been made to make them more useful for all scrin factions and Messenger Shock-Troopers start with Plasma-Disks.

Reaper-17
IPB Image

Very aggressive faction with no access to base defense, however they can build support structures such as the drone store which repairs nearby units.
Advanced articulators upgrade, more AA (like the Screenshot AA only Scourge) and resource gathering options. Also, destroyed buildings spawn fanatic like humans (destroyed spawn more than sold ones).

Traveler-59
IPB Image

Short distance teleport upgrades for Tripods (upgrade above appears once finished) and Seekers. Cultists can't mindcontrol fanatics and ConYards can't be taken over as well.
Reworked Ravager, no more Mothership but other abilities to scout, detect stealth and gather information.

+
# 2JCDoo7 Sep 20 2013, 14:17 PM
Interesting mod out there smile.gif

Game: None

+
# 3ThePlatypus Sep 21 2013, 17:06 PM
QUOTE(JCDoo7 @ Sep 20 2013, 14:17 PM) *

Interesting mod out there smile.gif

Thank you smile.gif

I can only advice everybody who is interested to check out the One Vision Moddb page for regular updates. Many new screenshots have been made since I posted this:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/cnc3-kw-one-visi...horror#imagebox

I don't want this thread to turn into a picture overkill.

+
# 4len.noerd Sep 22 2013, 18:21 PM
u are pretty late . . .
looks interesting but the new C&C ... -> coming soon

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 5wilsonk170 Sep 22 2013, 21:08 PM
seems interesting... i may try it..

+
# 6mineme Jan 31 2014, 16:03 PM
Will see it, hope it is fun

Game: Kings and Castles

+
# 7Salamis Feb 1 2014, 07:39 AM
Glad to see a KW mod. Here is some thoughts I have after playing OV 0.6 with friends.
Black Hands: Scorcher buggies are too OP. BH buggies+bikes simply rule over all rocket vehicle combinations except mantis(which is no fast enough in fact) and requires no tech at all. Also they supports several rush tactics.
Renegades: That nasty surprise ability has too much damage. just with 1 buggy I can take out 10+ pitbulls. And this skill costs nothing with a 30 sec cooldown.
MOK:Interesting design of removing bikes and scorpions. But mantis is a... strange unit, I think. It has much more firepower than other rocket vehicles but also much slower speed, which made it almost resembles a MBT instead.
RRF:No comments. All added changes seems normal.
ZOCOM: What is the meaning of a Zone Commando which costs 2000 and have less HP and firepower than a squad of Zone Raiders......But drafting Rifle squads could be very powerful.
ST:Good. Talons gain much needed buff. I like that Titan+Rocket/HT combo.
M-8:How could that build refinery ability cost 4000 and offer no build space, no harvester? I think it deserves only a 1000 cost. And blue-tib corrupters will slow the friendly unit it is ordered to heal. That's a bug I think.
R-17: Bug detected. Reaper tripod drops a mutated tripod husk and can be captured twice. And that mutated Hexapod design is a FAIL......It damages itself much faster than anything else.
T-59:Blink Tripods! Yeah man.

+
# 8Salamis Feb 1 2014, 10:30 AM
Forgot to mention.R-17 advance articulators do not affect their shock troopers and ravagers. Only the upgrades's animation remained,with no speed-ups.

+
# 9CNCZONE Feb 2 2014, 22:42 PM
lol Teleporting Tripods = OP

+
# 10phantom9399 Feb 3 2014, 08:09 AM
Very good mod, the only thing that annoys me is that the microwave shatterer for steal talons emp's and deal damage to your own troops, not sure if is supposed to do that or not

+
# 11JCDoo7 Feb 10 2014, 10:23 AM
Nice to hear that you guys tried this out. Please keep us updated on the progress smile.gif

+
# 12phantom9399 Feb 10 2014, 12:15 PM
QUOTE(JCDoo7 @ Feb 10 2014, 10:23 AM) *

Nice to hear that you guys tried this out. Please keep us updated on the progress smile.gif

Jcdoo7 if i can get some other people to play it am i allowed to use the mod online?? just checking first because i don't want to go online and get busted for having a mod on

+
# 13JCDoo7 Feb 10 2014, 19:24 PM
Of course, man, you are allowed - feel free to use any lobby you wish, if I remember correct, we even have a special lobby called 'Mods' or smth like that smile.gif

+
# 14phantom9399 Feb 10 2014, 22:25 PM
QUOTE(JCDoo7 @ Feb 10 2014, 19:24 PM) *

Of course, man, you are allowed - feel free to use any lobby you wish, if I remember correct, we even have a special lobby called 'Mods' or smth like that smile.gif

Thanks mate smile.gif ill try get a few people to get it so i can have a few matches with them cause vs ai with this mod gets boring after a while and my lil bro wont play me cause im to good for him lol

+
# 15ThePlatypus Apr 14 2014, 12:30 PM
Hello guys, I am really sorry for my long absence.
I couldn't mod for the past six months and hardly got time to check the internet, but I am working on One Vision again.

As a sign that I am still working on it I made a newspost about Steel Talons. ST will receive a bunch of changes and additions for the next version. It's too long to post it here, check out the link on moddb:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/cnc3-kw-one-vision

Also, since my last posts a great amount of screenshots have been released.

QUOTE("Salamis")
Glad to see a KW mod. Here is some thoughts I have after playing OV 0.6 with friends.
Black Hands: Scorcher buggies are too OP. BH buggies+bikes simply rule over all rocket vehicle combinations except mantis(which is no fast enough in fact) and requires no tech at all. Also they supports several rush tactics.
Renegades: That nasty surprise ability has too much damage. just with 1 buggy I can take out 10+ pitbulls. And this skill costs nothing with a 30 sec cooldown.
MOK:Interesting design of removing bikes and scorpions. But mantis is a... strange unit, I think. It has much more firepower than other rocket vehicles but also much slower speed, which made it almost resembles a MBT instead.
RRF:No comments. All added changes seems normal.
ZOCOM: What is the meaning of a Zone Commando which costs 2000 and have less HP and firepower than a squad of Zone Raiders......But drafting Rifle squads could be very powerful.
ST:Good. Talons gain much needed buff. I like that Titan+Rocket/HT combo.
M-8:How could that build refinery ability cost 4000 and offer no build space, no harvester? I think it deserves only a 1000 cost. And blue-tib corrupters will slow the friendly unit it is ordered to heal. That's a bug I think.
R-17: Bug detected. Reaper tripod drops a mutated tripod husk and can be captured twice. And that mutated Hexapod design is a FAIL......It damages itself much faster than anything else.
T-59:Blink Tripods! Yeah man.

Thanks for so much feedback!

BH: Yeah, I tweaked Scorcher Buggies and raised their cost to 700$

Ren: I've heard that a couple of times, it will be reworked. I guess I make it weaker, give it a much smaller area of effect and turn it into an active ability. The damage type will be changed from cannon to rocket.

MoK: Mantis is supposed to be a blend of Bikes and Scorpions. It has relatively short range but you are right that this doesn't make up for the powerful stats/speed combination. Stealth detection will be removed (shifted to buggies). I think I will make it either a anti tank or anti building unit (+ harvesters?), but noth both as it is currently. I will probably also add a rocket damage weakness.

ZOCOM: You have a valid point. When I created the Red Arrow I was more focused on design rather than gameplay, any suggestions? It actually does more damage than Zone Raiders, but its health is far below. I guess automatic healing, improved jetpacks and some bit of stat/money tweaking should do it.

ST: A LOT of changes for next version. However, I shifted the moral boost from Titans to the new Grey Wolf "minor epic unit". Perhaps I should rethink that.

M-8: Ok 4000 is really too much, but I think 1000 costs too little. You can place it close to blue tibfields far away, after all.

R-17: Yeah, the Hexapod is the next thing on my todo list xD. It sounded cooler in theory than it really is (even-though mutated Corruptors are still good to heal it).

QUOTE("Salamis")
Forgot to mention.R-17 advance articulators do not affect their shock troopers and ravagers. Only the upgrades's animation remained,with no speed-ups.

Thanks for the info, will be fixed in the next version.

QUOTE("CNCZONE")
lol Teleporting Tripods = OP

Well, it is an upgrade after all, can only teleport in front of it and has a longer cooldown. Also trav Tripods got no shields or damage upgrades for Tripods. Also, it does not have the range of teleporting shocktroopers or prods.

QUOTE("phantom9399")
Very good mod, the only thing that annoys me is that the microwave shatterer for steal talons emp's and deal damage to your own troops, not sure if is supposed to do that or not

Thanks!
It's supposed to be. I might tweak it, but ST is the only faction that got EMP immune units and the Grey Wolf will receive permanent EMP immunity as well. I thought it could be a great combination with adaptive armor or with plenty micro.

Again, thanks for the feedback, it's really helpful and as a sole person I can't do much testing after all. I don't want this mod to be a stupid content mod and want to bring some healthy (and balanced) amounts of diversity to the game.

+
# 16phantom9399 Apr 14 2014, 18:13 PM
I would be happy to do some testing with you online if you want smile.gif

QUOTE(ThePlatypus @ Apr 14 2014, 12:30 PM) *

Hello guys, I am really sorry for my long absence.
I couldn't mod for the past six months and hardly got time to check the internet, but I am working on One Vision again.

As a sign that I am still working on it I made a newspost about Steel Talons. ST will receive a bunch of changes and additions for the next version. It's too long to post it here, check out the link on moddb:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/cnc3-kw-one-vision

Also, since my last posts a great amount of screenshots have been released.
Thanks for so much feedback!
BH: Yeah, I tweaked Scorcher Buggies and raised their cost to 700$

Ren: I've heard that a couple of times, it will be reworked. I guess I make it weaker, give it a much smaller area of effect and turn it into an active ability. The damage type will be changed from cannon to rocket.

MoK: Mantis is supposed to be a blend of Bikes and Scorpions. It has relatively short range but you are right that this doesn't make up for the powerful stats/speed combination. Stealth detection will be removed (shifted to buggies). I think I will make it either a anti tank or anti building unit (+ harvesters?), but noth both as it is currently. I will probably also add a rocket damage weakness.

ZOCOM: You have a valid point. When I created the Red Arrow I was more focused on design rather than gameplay, any suggestions? It actually does more damage than Zone Raiders, but its health is far below. I guess automatic healing, improved jetpacks and some bit of stat/money tweaking should do it.

ST: A LOT of changes for next version. However, I shifted the moral boost from Titans to the new Grey Wolf "minor epic unit". Perhaps I should rethink that.

M-8: Ok 4000 is really too much, but I think 1000 costs too little. You can place it close to blue tibfields far away, after all.

R-17: Yeah, the Hexapod is the next thing on my todo list xD. It sounded cooler in theory than it really is (even-though mutated Corruptors are still good to heal it).
Thanks for the info, will be fixed in the next version.
Well, it is an upgrade after all, can only teleport in front of it and has a longer cooldown. Also trav Tripods got no shields or damage upgrades for Tripods. Also, it does not have the range of teleporting shocktroopers or prods.
Thanks!
It's supposed to be. I might tweak it, but ST is the only faction that got EMP immune units and the Grey Wolf will receive permanent EMP immunity as well. I thought it could be a great combination with adaptive armor or with plenty micro.
Again, thanks for the feedback, it's really helpful and as a sole person I can't do much testing after all. I don't want this mod to be a stupid content mod and want to bring some healthy (and balanced) amounts of diversity to the game.

+
# 17Masazumi Apr 15 2014, 07:30 AM
One Vision is pretty interesting, and I'm going to explore this mod a bit. There are some nit picks I have about Reaper-17 though.

Genocide Hexapod - I really don't like the idea of it killing itself, it's a 5000 unit. In reality, I don't think it needs a mutated form of any kind. IF it needs a mutation, change it's main cannon to fire shards that do precision splace damage like the regular shard upgrade or something similiar.

Advanced Articulators - This is a big no-no in my opinion. Advanced Articulators is the only upgrade that vanilla Traveler-59 has going for them, and it's special. I think only Traveler-59 should have access to this upgrade. I haven't explored T-59 yet, but it does lead me to believe that they are less diverse now that their infantry can be compared to Reaper-17.

Commando - Vanilla Reaper-17 didn't have a commando, they have no need for a commando, especially since it can teleport units. Reaper has no need for teleport, it even says so in the game's lore.

Shardlings - Awesome idea, loving it. Finally Scrin (Reaper more precisely) has an actual garrison unit.

Mutation - This is the one thing that makes Reaper awesome now. They have uniqueness with this. You got a great thing going, nicely done.

Mechapede Mutation - Mutating the mechapede only mutates 1 segment, not the whole thing. Not worth the investment, fully upgraded avatar is worth more; and that's when everybody says that fully upgraded avatar is NOT worth it. If this is actually intentional and not a bug, then it needs to be changed.

Seekers - I was actually planning on making a KW mod sometime in the future, and one of the things I wanted to do was replace vReaper-17's "Seeker" with a "Shard Seeker", merely a aesthetic change though. Shard Seekers fire shards, but can be upgraded with Blue Shards as well. Maybe you might want to think about implementing that? Hmmm???

I will watch the developement of this mod with anticipation. Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see Infanty mutations. (And your reply)

Clan: FeaR

+
# 18ThePlatypus Apr 15 2014, 11:33 AM
@phantom9399 I wouldn't say no if I get a possibility. The problem is only that I can't play online using the default servers. I'm behind two routers and they always seem to mess up my connection to the master server...

That's why I only play in lan with friends or occasionally over tunngle.
Btw. originally, One Vision was just supposed to be a small balancing/expansion lan-game mod xD

@Masazumi
As mentioned before, the Hexapod will get a rework. I'm likely going to keep a slow HP degeneration, R-17 are meant to be aggressive after all. And because mutation always costs 500$, the more expensive units have a drawback to compensate their strenght.

R-17 need speed to compensate for their lacking defense. In the next release they will most likely get more defensive possibilities, but no real defenses. There was a point where I thought that I'm going to replace Advanced Articulators with "Improved Articulators" or "Armored Articulators" (less speed but a small armor increase), but I thought its good as it is.
Please, play some Traveler-59 and post again.

Regarding commandos, my goal is to make a unique hero for evey faction. However, similar to ZOCOM I was simply too careless. I want to keep their Commando, but it will be redone. It won't have teleportation for the next release for sure.

The problems with mutation is that I can't mutate squads post-13661-1143531603.gif and technically the Mechapede is a squad unit.

*Public Brainstorming*
An alternative Seeker is surely something worth considering but I don't want to make every second unit shooting shards xD
It's not my favourite design decision and their resource after all. Because of that I gave other Scrins Dissolver Warpray Cannons and Seekers should be somewhat different to Shardwalkers.

Maybe I turn R-17 Seekers into something with a stronger ground attack, no anti air and slightly higher speed. It's mutation form could then attack aircraft.

I would like to give every faction slightly different possibilities in their T1 and the only thing scrin factions differ in T1 is currently infantry.

+
# 19phantom9399 Apr 22 2014, 01:16 AM
QUOTE(ThePlatypus @ Apr 15 2014, 11:33 AM) *

@phantom9399 I wouldn't say no if I get a possibility. The problem is only that I can't play online using the default servers. I'm behind two routers and they always seem to mess up my connection to the master server...

That's why I only play in lan with friends or occasionally over tunngle.
Btw. originally, One Vision was just supposed to be a small balancing/expansion lan-game mod xD

@Masazumi
As mentioned before, the Hexapod will get a rework. I'm likely going to keep a slow HP degeneration, R-17 are meant to be aggressive after all. And because mutation always costs 500$, the more expensive units have a drawback to compensate their strenght.

R-17 need speed to compensate for their lacking defense. In the next release they will most likely get more defensive possibilities, but no real defenses. There was a point where I thought that I'm going to replace Advanced Articulators with "Improved Articulators" or "Armored Articulators" (less speed but a small armor increase), but I thought its good as it is.
Please, play some Traveler-59 and post again.

Regarding commandos, my goal is to make a unique hero for evey faction. However, similar to ZOCOM I was simply too careless. I want to keep their Commando, but it will be redone. It won't have teleportation for the next release for sure.

The problems with mutation is that I can't mutate squads post-13661-1143531603.gif and technically the Mechapede is a squad unit.

*Public Brainstorming*
An alternative Seeker is surely something worth considering but I don't want to make every second unit shooting shards xD
It's not my favourite design decision and their resource after all. Because of that I gave other Scrins Dissolver Warpray Cannons and Seekers should be somewhat different to Shardwalkers.

Maybe I turn R-17 Seekers into something with a stronger ground attack, no anti air and slightly higher speed. It's mutation form could then attack aircraft.

I would like to give every faction slightly different possibilities in their T1 and the only thing scrin factions differ in T1 is currently infantry.

i have installed tunggle and tested it for the migration so i can go on there if you want and help you test the mod smile.gif

Also for some strange reason the mod has bugged and all of my launchers are now launching the mod, i have tried to switch it back using the mod launcher but even that has bugged. got any ideas on how to fix this because i can't play games online since the mod is a different version

Dont worry i have fixed it by installing the 1.02+ patch and then going back to 1.02 from there smile.gif

+
# 20Zocom7 Apr 24 2014, 18:19 PM
One Vision now joins Kane's Wrath Classic and Kane's Wrath Reloaded as active KW mods for now.

I have yet to play this mod, but I'll try this out. smile.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)