Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Kane's Wrath Screenshot Competition - November 2015

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1AggressivePanda Nov 22 2015, 22:46 PM
Greetings Comrades! Be sure to read up on the screenshot competition and post your entries here! For more information be sure to check out the announcement post:

Kane's Wrath Screenshot Competition - November 2015

Submit your entries (maximum of 3 per member) by 12:00-GMT on Sunday, November 29th, 2015!

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Nov 22 2015, 23:09 PM

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Masterleaf Nov 22 2015, 23:47 PM
Are any of these eligible ?

IPB Image

Kappa

+
# 3Knockout^ Nov 22 2015, 23:54 PM
He Won't Shot.
Cullican (ST) Vs I-Khaled-I (BH)
Map: [1.02+] Tournament Arena (2)
Date: 27 May 15

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image

+
# 4AggressivePanda Nov 23 2015, 00:52 AM
QUOTE(Masterleaf @ Nov 22 2015, 23:47 PM) *

IPB Image

Kappa

That's quite the collection you got there tongue.gif

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Nov 23 2015, 01:00 AM

+
# 5phantom9399 Nov 23 2015, 02:02 AM
QUOTE(Masterleaf @ Nov 23 2015, 07:47 AM) *

IPB Image

Kappa

are they all from Unleashed? wink.gif

+
# 6s2nz0 Nov 23 2015, 13:46 PM
I ask for allowing screenshot from the Zypherbullet Scrin Campaign

To re inforce the idea behind, 1.02+ are custom map too, we choosed to make them "official"
I think the Scrin campaign deserve to be treated as the official campaign too

This post has been edited by s2nz0: Nov 23 2015, 13:53 PM

+
# 7AggressivePanda Nov 23 2015, 13:48 PM
No custom maps allowed that means your not allowed from zyphers campaign, the rules are in the post smile.gif

+
# 8Zypherbullet Nov 23 2015, 13:48 PM
QUOTE(s2nz0 @ Nov 23 2015, 14:46 PM) *

I ask for allowing screenshot from the Zypherbullet Scrin Campaign

I second that biggrin.gif.

+
# 9s2nz0 Nov 23 2015, 13:54 PM
It's fine then i'm out of here

+
# 10s2nz0 Nov 23 2015, 14:36 PM
I have read the rules before asking explicitely to allow Zypherbullet Scrin campaign. I would have say "can i" instead of "allowing"

Screenshots must be from in-game. No use custom maps in any way shape or form*1. Standard campaign gameplay (not cut-scenes) and multiplayer maps*2 (including 1.02+, since they are as much part of the game now as the original maps are) are the only ones that can be used.

1. 1.02+ is based on custom map, custom map are the not official one right? We choosed to make them official right again?

2. So i can use any multiplayer map that is not a "custom map" and make my screenshot, right? Because even if you were saying only the multiplayer map, they are anyway available in the offline mode too.

Adapt the rules more clearly please. I at least tough my request would be taken more seriously and internaly reported than sending me to read again the rules, that i clearly did, and now i gonna argue with that rule.

1.02+ is allowed by an unofficial "appreciation" making them like the official one
I ask the same for the Zypherbullet Scrin campaign

Yes i mess around, because i don't understand the logic behind the rule
Anyway nvm, delete my post

This post has been edited by s2nz0: Nov 23 2015, 14:54 PM

+
# 11IISpartacus Nov 23 2015, 15:03 PM
QUOTE(s2nz0 @ Nov 23 2015, 09:36 AM) *

I have read the rules before asking explicitely to allow Zypherbullet Scrin campaign. I would have say "can i" instead of "allowing"

Screenshots must be from in-game. No use custom maps in any way shape or form*1. Standard campaign gameplay (not cut-scenes) and multiplayer maps*2 (including 1.02+, since they are as much part of the game now as the original maps are) are the only ones that can be used.

1. 1.02+ is based on custom map, custom map are the not official one right? We choosed to make them official right again?

2. So i can use any multiplayer map that is not a "custom map" and make my screenshot, right? Because even if you were saying only the multiplayer map, they are anyway available in the offline mode too.

Adapt the rules more clearly please. I at least tough my request would be taken more seriously and internaly reported than sending me to read again the rules, that i clearly did, and now i gonna argue with that rule.

1.02+ is allowed by an unofficial "appreciation" making them like the official one
I ask the same for the Zypherbullet Scrin campaign

Yes i mess around, because i don't understand the logic behind the rule
Anyway nvm, delete my post

It's not a matter of just arbitrarily deciding that it's ok to call this map or that map "official". The fact of the matter is, there was a community vote to include 1.02+ maps into the ranked map pool...there was no such vote on any other custom map (including the Scrin campaign by Zypher). All of this aside, the rules are there to indicate what we're looking for this time around. This is not the first nor the last SS competition, so we'll consider doing something for custom maps in the future, but not this time.

I'm sure everyone is capable of coming up with awesome screenshots within the rules that have been listed and we've already seen a few cool/funny ones already! Thanks for your understanding.

+
# 12s2nz0 Nov 23 2015, 15:25 PM
I understand more, thanks for the complete reply.

I retire what i said, have been wrong, i tough these competition was set on same fixed rules everytime thus not understanding why his quality work couldn't be used aswell, no intention behind to lower 1.02+. but these "kind" of vote for ranked pool can't work the same way for Scrin campaign meaning idk how it would have been "unofficially" officialized at the same "official" title than the 1.02+

I don't know if i am understandable, was just finding it odd

+
# 13IISpartacus Nov 23 2015, 15:36 PM
QUOTE(s2nz0 @ Nov 23 2015, 10:25 AM) *

I understand more, thanks for the complete reply.

I retire what i said, have been wrong, i tough these competition was set on same fixed rules everytime thus not understanding why his quality work couldn't be used aswell, no intention behind to lower 1.02+. but these "kind" of vote for ranked pool can't work the same way for Scrin campaign meaning idk how it would have been "unofficially" officialized at the same "official" title than the 1.02+

I don't know if i am understandable, was just finding it odd

I do understand what you mean, however the point of this particular competition is to highlight multiplayer maps. We opted not to include custom maps as a method of "leveling the playing field" and making this more accessible for all members of the TW/KW communities. If someone created some awesome looking custom map, then that could play a large role in the quality of the screenshot.

However, your concerns are noted and we will most certainly consider having a SS competition permitting the use of custom maps/campaigns in the future. We just felt like this was an appropriate way of "kicking-off" the revamped award system and to get this type of competition back up and running for our community here.

Hope that makes more sense, and thank you for your input.

+
# 14s2nz0 Nov 23 2015, 16:45 PM
It make sense, i should have had faith in GR.org in their choose. You're right this is better balanced like this for "kicking-off" as you said by unallowing custom map. I still hope on the same way for the future that the Scrin campaign will be classified as much official as the standard campaign like we did for 1.02+. As i think if it was actually allowed, there would be no balance harm with a link in the rule in case of someone didn't knew about the extra campaign

AggressivePanda by the way don't feel aimed by my word earlier, i was more aiming the rule and the way it could be argued, it could have been anyone else, i would still have answered the same thing. Didn't wanted to be "irritative"

Good luck everyone for the competition

+
# 15AggressivePanda Nov 23 2015, 16:49 PM
QUOTE(s2nz0 @ Nov 23 2015, 16:45 PM) *

It make sense, i should have had faith in GR.org in their choose. You're right this is better balanced like this for "kicking-off" as you said by unallowing custom map. I still hope on the same way for the future that the Scrin campaign will be classified as much official as the standard campaign like we did for 1.02+. As i think if it was actually allowed, there would be no balance harm with a link in the rule in case of someone didn't knew about the extra campaign

AggressivePanda by the way don't feel aimed by my word earlier, i was more aiming the rule and the way it could be argued, it could have been anyone else, i would still have answered the same thing. Didn't wanted to be "irritative"

Good luck everyone for the competition

s2nZo for the next one I will make it a custom map screenshot challenge smile.gif Why don't you have a go at getting some killer screenshots? I'm sure you could come up with something really interesting and inventive .

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Nov 23 2015, 16:54 PM

+
# 16RRcabal Nov 23 2015, 16:57 PM
Here are a few of my Screenshots from the past. smile.gif

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

This post has been edited by Cabal^: Nov 23 2015, 17:05 PM

Game: None

+
# 17s2nz0 Nov 23 2015, 17:07 PM
Panda : It's just as soon as i read this competition starting, i straightly had the scrin campaign in head and my favorite map of Predatore (mostly a kudos for these 2 awesome mappers that i appreciate a lot),

Do you mean have a go for this one, or the next competition? You're right that i already have some idea tongue.gif but i am not really interested to specifically create a custom map with the best effects i could find ^^
Not sure about this one, i'm complicated (guess you all spotted it lol), it's all my idea in the entire, or nothing or at the next one who will allow it^^

This post has been edited by s2nz0: Nov 23 2015, 17:11 PM

+
# 18AggressivePanda Nov 23 2015, 17:14 PM
QUOTE(s2nz0 @ Nov 23 2015, 17:07 PM) *

Panda : It's just as soon as i read this competition starting, i straightly had the scrin campaign in head and my favorite map of Predatore (mostly a kudos for these 2 awesome mappers that i appreciate a lot),

Do you mean have a go for this one, or the next competition? You're right that i already have some idea tongue.gif but i am not really interested to specifically create a custom map with the best effects i could find ^^
Not sure about this one, i'm complicated (guess you all spotted it lol), it's all my idea in the entire, or nothing or at the next one who will allow it^^

You should have a go in this one and the next one biggrin.gif But you will have to wait till the next one to take screenshots of custom maps unfortunately. What about flame tanks and making words out of the flame. I remember seeing that somewhere tongue.gif

Also cabal http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploa...-1448298302.jpg you see the mound on the top left. Was that always there? I don't remember seeing it in that part of the map tongue.gif Nice shot btw smile.gif

+
# 19s2nz0 Nov 23 2015, 17:19 PM
lol excellent idea but now you said it, i won't use it ^^ it didn't come from myself, but from you tongue.gif, you're not "playing" it ?

always have been there to answer the question on the way

+
# 20RRcabal Nov 23 2015, 17:29 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Nov 23 2015, 09:14 AM) *

You should have a go in this one and the next one biggrin.gif But you will have to wait till the next one to take screenshots of custom maps unfortunately. What about flame tanks and making words out of the flame. I remember seeing that somewhere tongue.gif

Also cabal http://www.gamereplays.org/community/uploa...-1448298302.jpg you see the mound on the top left. Was that always there? I don't remember seeing it in that part of the map tongue.gif Nice shot btw smile.gif

I zoomed in on that, and I found out it was a damaged Scrin Reactor. smile.gif

Game: None

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)