79.17% (19)
Yes, it is really great!
20.83% (5)
No, I don't like it.

Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Xtremizer Jan 10 2015, 06:02 AM
I would like to present an idea of me, how Kanes Wrath streamers and GR could provide together monthly interesting KW-tournaments with cash-prizes hosted by GR

So, basically the idea is to found a KW-Streamer association, members of it would place a link on their streams and promote without being intrusive a Paypal-Account (created by Gamereplays) for donations, which will be used only for cash-prizes of monthly KW-Tournaments.

The account balance should be apparent anytime, so everyone can see how much money has been collected so far. And there shoud be a list of donators to thank them for the donating. I think it could work that way: the whole collected money of a full month gonna be used for the prize money the following month on second Sunday (announce of a tournament is 1.-3. of a month) So for example February 2015 money collected 104,34 $. Rounded down 100 $ is prize money (and 4,34 $ stays for the next tourney). The announce would be on 1.-3. March for the tourney on 8. March.

Prize money as usual for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places and 2 random prizes.

As well it would be nice to mix up the tourneys (start with a 1v1 tourney, then 2v2 and finally a 3v3). Also many random-only tournaments would be very amazing because they are most entertaining.

I also would like GR to allow Green Zero to play on these Tournaments, of course if he starts his flaming again, then he really doesnt deserve any more chances. I mean working together makes more sense to keep KW alive or even make it big again. But this should GR decide by itself.

So, thats all. Now what do GR and KW players think about it? You can also vote in the poll.

P.S. I think the most people would also have the Tournaments starting couple hours later. 14.00 GMT maybe wink.gif

This post has been edited by Xtremizer: Jan 10 2015, 12:03 PM

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Thanatos Jan 10 2015, 06:19 AM
Well if everyone decides to co-operate then I cant see why this wouldnt work, seems like a good idea biggrin.gif

+
# 3kimosabe Jan 10 2015, 07:04 AM
yeah that's a great idea. I'm keen for sure &will support the option!

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 4IISpartacus Jan 10 2015, 07:17 AM
I'm not opposed to the idea at all, but don't expect me to push it on my stream. I make an active effort to ask for nothing in return from the community aside from enjoying the content I produce when I'm streaming/making videos. It's a personal pet-peeve of mine that Twitch streamers are constantly requesting donations. Don't get me wrong, I understand the value of that as a business model and don't mean to discourage anyone from supporting the streamers that they like, but I prefer not to participate in that culture.

QUOTE(Xtremizer @ Jan 10 2015, 01:02 AM) *

I also would like GR to allow Green Zero to play on these Tournaments, of course if he starts his flaming again, then he really doesnt deserve any more chances. I mean working together makes more sense to keep KW alive or even make it big again. But this should GR decide by its own.

It's not only GR that needs to work towards this resolution. Just keep that in mind.

This post has been edited by IISpartacus: Jan 10 2015, 07:38 AM

+
# 5Xtremizer Jan 10 2015, 08:26 AM
QUOTE(IISpartacus @ Jan 10 2015, 08:17 AM) *

I'm not opposed to the idea at all, but don't expect me to push it on my stream. I make an active effort to ask for nothing in return from the community aside from enjoying the content I produce when I'm streaming/making videos.

Yes, I know what you mean, you are doing a great job already casting tournaments, but remember people would donate for the game and not for you or me or other participating streamers. The KW Streamer Association is meant to give people an opportunity to support not the streamers, but the 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 KW-Tournaments on the direct way, hosted by a serious organizer.

This post has been edited by Xtremizer: Jan 10 2015, 10:46 AM

+
# 6s2nz0 Jan 10 2015, 11:15 AM
Despite i don't like to mess with money, your idea look well thinked and complete. I agree

But i think the donations should be "under control" by a trusted GR Staff, and everything transparent for the viewers as you said, so people know where money is going. Would be great too if let's say 10% (or more) of the collected money goes into Revora automatically. We need to support who support our games too. -one rock, two hits-

Peace

Clan: FeaR

+
# 7Xtremizer Jan 10 2015, 11:39 AM
QUOTE(s2nz0 @ Jan 10 2015, 12:15 PM) *

Despite i don't like to mess with money, your idea look well thinked and complete. I agree

But i think the donations should be "under control" by a trusted GR Staff, and everything transparent for the viewers as you said, so people know where money is going. Would be great too if let's say 10% (or more) of the collected money goes into Revora automatically. We need to support who support our games too. -one rock, two hits-

Peace

Yes, thats what I meant, this transparent donations - paypal account should be created and be under control of GR staff. And your idea to transfer 10% or maybe 15% automatically to Revora sounds fair :-)

This post has been edited by Xtremizer: Jan 10 2015, 11:59 AM

+
# 8kimosabe Jan 10 2015, 12:31 PM
QUOTE(IISpartacus @ Jan 10 2015, 17:17 PM) *

I'm not opposed to the idea at all, but don't expect me to push it on my stream. I make an active effort to ask for nothing in return from the community aside from enjoying the content I produce when I'm streaming/making videos. It's a personal pet-peeve of mine that Twitch streamers are constantly requesting donations. Don't get me wrong, I understand the value of that as a business model and don't mean to discourage anyone from supporting the streamers that they like, but I prefer not to participate in that culture.
It's not only GR that needs to work towards this resolution. Just keep that in mind.

Yeah I'm the same hence why I never bothered setting up donations let alone get the viewer count haha. Though I'm keen for this idea if it will help benefit KW tournaments. I'm not sure about hosting a Tournament every month + I doubt we will get loads of donations however if I get donation I would even like to set some prize money for Monthly Ladder Wars - Have a regular kw tournament every 2 months or something.

Yeah everything transparent + giving some cash to Revora is a good idea. Would also be good if the whole feud between gr.org and Green_ZERO can be put behind us. It's 2015 lets start fresh and bring the community stronger together.

This post has been edited by kimosabe: Jan 10 2015, 12:42 PM

+
# 9shocktapus Jan 10 2015, 16:25 PM
Spartacus, there is a big difference between asking for personal donations to support yourself and asking for donations that support the community. I wouldn't donate either way because I am a cheapskate, but I think it is a great idea. I also agree with Kimo (wait...what?) that a cash tournament every month probably is a bit much. I think the more tournaments the better, but making the cash ones bigger and less frequent is probably better as it makes them feel more special.

+
# 10DarkWarrior Jan 10 2015, 16:39 PM
QUOTE(Sh0ckTr34tment @ Jan 10 2015, 10:25 AM) *

Spartacus, there is a big difference between asking for personal donations to support yourself and asking for donations that support the community. I wouldn't donate either way because I am a cheapskate, but I think it is a great idea. I also agree with Kimo (wait...what?) that a cash tournament every month probably is a bit much. I think the more tournaments the better, but making the cash ones bigger and less frequent is probably better as it makes them feel more special.

+1

+
# 11Xtremizer Jan 10 2015, 16:59 PM
QUOTE(Sh0ckTr34tment @ Jan 10 2015, 17:25 PM) *

that a cash tournament every month probably is a bit much. I think the more tournaments the better, but making the cash ones bigger and less frequent is probably better as it makes them feel more special.

if 1v1, 2v2, and 3v3 tournament would be started after each other (team players want to have their tournaments too smile.gif ), then there would be a 1v1 tournament every 3 month.

+
# 12RRcabal Jan 11 2015, 01:57 AM
If we can all just get along, we can make it happen. smile.gif

Game: None

+
# 13IISpartacus Jan 11 2015, 02:15 AM
You guys are right. I guess I'm just letting my distaste for the "pay-me-to-play" culture that Twitch has become cloud the idea here. I'm willing to help and it sounds like a good idea.

Is there someone you guys have in mind for holding the funds?

+
# 14shocktapus Jan 11 2015, 11:06 AM
I would say ToxicShock makes the most sense.

+
# 15s2nz0 Jan 11 2015, 11:11 AM
Yeah, leave it to ToxicShock, who do not trust him? (be smart if you answer to this)

But i think every player have faith in our Guru!!!

/Off topic
Celebrating my half gigabyte post

Clan: FeaR

+
# 16Xtremizer Jan 11 2015, 13:22 PM
Yes, Toxicshock or someone else trustful from GR KW Stuff, who wants to make this happen. Anyway we need a response now from GR Stuff about all this, I guess.

+
# 17~AngelOfDeath~ Jan 11 2015, 19:51 PM
I'd vote yes, but i can not see any word about TW smile.gif

Clan: Mates First

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 18shocktapus Jan 11 2015, 20:13 PM
Unfortunately TW doesn't have any streamers for it. I would stream TW but unfortunately I do not have an upload rate that would support it. As much as I would like to see more TW prize tournaments, it would not be fair to have donations from KW streamers to go towards TW tournaments.

+
# 19~AngelOfDeath~ Jan 11 2015, 20:40 PM
TW doesn't have any streamers (not including bikerush) because KW community wants to take every Tournaments, prizes from Tournaments, and more funny events for them. Last person who wants help TW community is our last host of our last TW tournament - phantom. From more than a half year, the most of opinions about TW community is very, very negative. This is also reason, why KW is the most popular game than TW (I'll skip this fact, that TW on steam is playing more players than KW 2x!). If you, guys, want have my vote on YES - you must divide yourself with TW Community. I'm not suprised, that TW has not streamers, if you're showing this game (and community!) in only bad light. Yes, this is flaming.

This post has been edited by ~AngelOfDeath~: Jan 11 2015, 20:45 PM

Clan: Mates First

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 20IISpartacus Jan 11 2015, 20:45 PM
QUOTE(~AngelOfDeath~ @ Jan 11 2015, 15:40 PM) *

TW doesn't have any streamers (not including bikerush) because KW community wants to take every Tournaments, prizes from Tournaments, and more funny events for them. Last person who wants help TW community is our last host of our last TW tournament - phantom. From more than a half year, the most of opinions about TW community is very, very negative. This is also reason, why KW is the most popular game than TW (I'll skip this fact, that TW on steam is playing more players than KW 2x!). If you, guys, want have my vote on YES - you must divide yourself with TW Community. I'm not suprised, that TW has not streamers, if you're showing this game (and community!) in only bad light.

That's pretty short-sighted. Splitting an already small community has not proven to be a positive thing in the past, and certainly wouldn't benefit this system. Also...It's not really our fault as streamers that we prefer KW. Some of us enjoy this game and don't enjoy TW as much. I tried supporting TW for a time, but received nothing but negativity in return. What's the incentive to go back if that's the case?

You're a staff member here, and as such, you have just as much power as the rest of us to work on getting a tournament setup for TW. No reason to blame everyone else.

This post has been edited by IISpartacus: Jan 11 2015, 20:51 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)