Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth 2

Leadership

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Danetta Sep 25 2015, 21:44 PM
How to know which bonuses stacks with which?
For example, does Elrond leadership stacks with something else?

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2SeñorEcthelion Sep 25 2015, 23:05 PM
i thought you would know everything about leadership

basically there 3 main categories, to make it easy to explain i gonna focus on 1.06 system. 1.08 simply edited the some leadership amounts, particular buffs, bifurcations, etc. but concept is the same.

buff: 50% armor
leadership: 50% dmg
high leadership lvl=25% dmg 25% arm 50% exp
these 3 stack always, but there are stuff with the same category able to stack, for example men statue(25% armor, 25%exp), elf statue or gorkil leadership,eye of sauron(25% dmg 25% exp) ,

now 1.08; all these can be debuffed with freezing rain on 1.08. so special leaderships like mighty rage are "weapon" category, meant to be non-debuffeable. other change of 1.08 is that rallying call instead of 50% dmg, it grants 50% dmg AND 50% exp. haldir theoden leadership grants 50% dmg 25% exp from 50% dmg only. etc. eye of sauron 25% 25% 50%exp from 25%dmg 25%exp.

example for elf: the max combo u can get is: elf wood, rallying call/haldir, elrond
isen: lurtz/warchant, saruman
mordor; eye of sauron(NOT SURE IF STACKS WITH WARCHANT), taint land, warchant, darkness
men; boromir/theoden, wood/eomer, aragorn/gandalf
dwarf; mighty rage, rallinycall, dain/battlewagon, gimli
goblin; warchant, taintland/gorkil skill, gorkil, darkness

wow this was a fast explaination, i should make a guide

+
# 3Danetta Sep 26 2015, 01:12 AM
SeñorEcthelion, thank you a lot.

I was just trying to fix some of broken tooltips, especially many minor text fixes, but after some time i just wtf-reacted on all these leaderships. Especially when some tooltips say "Stacks or doesnt stacks" and some of them say nothing. It doesnt help even when i looked into attributemodifier.ini

Now i will try to unite your explantation with info from inis and fix tooltips for myself.

UPD: Also, what about CaH leadership?

+
# 4Excelsior Sep 26 2015, 01:42 AM
QUOTE(Yamaneco @ Sep 26 2015, 03:12 AM) *

SeñorEcthelion, thank you a lot.

I was just trying to fix some of broken tooltips, especially many minor text fixes, but after some time i just wtf-reacted on all these leaderships. Especially when some tooltips say "Stacks or doesnt stacks" and some of them say nothing. It doesnt help even when i looked into attributemodifier.ini

Now i will try to unite your explantation with info from inis and fix tooltips for myself.
UPD: Also, what about CaH leadership?

Keep in mind that there could be older variations of tool tips that currently aren't being used. Make sure that you're editing the latest used tool tips, or you'll find your changes aren't actually being made in game.

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 5Danetta Sep 26 2015, 01:45 AM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Sep 26 2015, 05:42 AM) *

Keep in mind that there could be older variations of tool tips that currently aren't being used. Make sure that you're editing the latest used tool tips, or you'll find your changes aren't actually being made in game.

Ye, that is what actually confused me in the first place. Thanks for notice.

+
# 6Danetta Sep 26 2015, 14:23 PM
Once again, how Create-a-Hero leaderships works? Which of them stacks?

+
# 7RanDoM'L0L Sep 26 2015, 16:14 PM
this ect post is some excellent stuff

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 8Excelsior Sep 26 2015, 18:39 PM
CAHs use the 'GenericHeroLeadership' attribute modifier which looks like this:

ModifierList GenericHeroLeadership
Category = SPELL ; ;LEADERSHIP
Modifier = EXPERIENCE 150% ; ;200%
Modifier = ARMOR 25% ; ;50%
Modifier = DAMAGE_MULT 125% ; ;150% // Multiplicitive. Damage multiplied by this, will compound in multiple bonuses
Duration = 3000
FX = FX_GenericLeadership
; ; ReplaceInCategoryIfLongest = Yes
IgnoreIfAnticategoryActive = Yes
End

However, as far as I remember, the string text says 50% Armour and 50% Damage. That could be a problem. tongue.gif

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 9SeñorEcthelion Sep 26 2015, 21:53 PM
if you yamaneco want to fix the lotr.str file, just have continuosly open commandbutton.ini, attributemodifier.ini and lotr.str. thats the only way to make sure ur lang strings are correctas

+
# 10Danetta Sep 26 2015, 22:59 PM
CODE
ModifierList GlorfindelWindRider
    Category = WEAPON;;SPELL
    Modifier = SPEED 140%
    Modifier = ARMOR 50%
;;;Modifier = CRUSHER_LEVEL -1            // can't crush
    Duration = 30000
    ModelCondition = USER_3
End

CODE
CONTROLBAR:ToolTipGlorfindelWindRider
"Requires Level 6 \n Glorfindel gains +60% speed and Double Armor when mounted \n Left click to activate"
END

Wind Rider and Blades of Purity abilities has innacurate tooltips in 1.08. What i have to do? Create another topic with descriptions?

Men and Dwarves fortress banned upgrades seems to have wrong tooltips too.

This post has been edited by Yamaneco: Sep 27 2015, 00:32 AM

+
# 11SeñorEcthelion Sep 27 2015, 04:21 AM
yamaneco wanna work for us preparing the .str file of 109? i give you stats and you can suit .str at the level of perfection you like smile.gif

what is your native lang btw

+
# 12Danetta Sep 27 2015, 10:02 AM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Sep 27 2015, 08:21 AM) *

yamaneco wanna work for us preparing the .str file of 109? i give you stats and you can suit .str at the level of perfection you like smile.gif

what is your native lang btw

Yes, i wanna. I will make the .str file on which i would never complain again. No one else can do it, just because text is not important for them.

// My native language is russian.

This post has been edited by Yamaneco: Sep 27 2015, 14:19 PM

+
# 13SeñorEcthelion Sep 27 2015, 16:12 PM
if you want, you can make russian tooltips too. you need a hex edit program to edit .csf files, which i do have.

+
# 14Danetta Sep 27 2015, 16:32 PM
QUOTE(SeñorEcthelion @ Sep 27 2015, 20:12 PM) *

if you want, you can make russian tooltips too. you need a hex edit program to edit .csf files, which i do have.

Actually, i always play with english version only. First of, i wanna fix all english tooltips. Russian tooltips is probably next step.

UPD: When you will be ready to send me data - let me know, i will start this work asap.

This post has been edited by Yamaneco: Sep 28 2015, 00:26 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)