Explore GameReplays...

League of Legends

Let's have a serious discussion about the current state of the game.

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Chimaera Mar 29 2015, 18:44 PM
Let's discuss. What is your opinion on the current state of the game. This can revolve around the system (LP and leagues), current meta, FOTM champions, anything.

I'll start off. The current so-called tank meta. Cinderhulk. I've been playing quite a bit games in high elo soloq to grasp the actual strength of the tank junglers. A lot of people expected tank jungler to suddenly become viable due to the Jungle enchentmant. It succeeded, but only partly. A bunch of tanky junglers, like Sejuani, Zac, Sion, Nunu and Nautilus(after the E buff) where already decent. They have all become quite strong in the latest patch. Sejuani is a must pick or ban, while in my opinion, Nautilus should be one as well. I am quite confident that Nautilus will be a contested pick in the next couple of weeks.

None of this actually matters much in soloq. Even though they are great teamfighting and innitiating champions, they don't fair that well in a game without proper communication. Only Sejuani has the damage to back up the amount of crowd control they have. All of the other tank junglers depend on their teammates to follow up on their initiation or ganks. If you have a decent team, or are ahead of a team however, tank junglers offer much more in comparison to carry junglers like Vi, Lee Sin, Kha Zix and the likes. If not, the carry junglers give you a much higher chance of winning the game.

What do you guys think about the current patch? Current playstyles? Or do you just want to talk about Fnatic being total badasses as usual?

Clan: MENTAL

Game: League of Legends

+
# 2Askarian Mar 29 2015, 20:24 PM
Is meta realy that important in soloq?
I guess most ppl just play the champs they like most and/or do best with.
I actually never pick a champ only because hes strong in the current meta but because i just enjoy playing him.
Viktor was my most played champ last season even though hes wasnt meta at all.
So i dont realy care about meta too much. It would be much more interesting if soloq would stop having those boring standart lanes everygame like it has been back in season one where everyone could play an champ on any lane without getting flamed or reported. good old double bruiser botlanes.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 3trucky Mar 29 2015, 23:40 PM
cc > less cc

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 4Chimaera Mar 30 2015, 13:51 PM
QUOTE(Askarian @ Mar 29 2015, 20:24 PM) *

Is meta realy that important in soloq?
I guess most ppl just play the champs they like most and/or do best with.
I actually never pick a champ only because hes strong in the current meta but because i just enjoy playing him.
Viktor was my most played champ last season even though hes wasnt meta at all.
So i dont realy care about meta too much. It would be much more interesting if soloq would stop having those boring standart lanes everygame like it has been back in season one where everyone could play an champ on any lane without getting flamed or reported. good old double bruiser botlanes.

Although the meta is indeed far less important in soloqueue, it still determines most of the picks and playstyles. I consider the teleport in the top lane part of the meta, which heavily influences the champion picks in that lane as well. If teleport ever gets nerfed, no doubt that you will not be seeing Hecarim top for a long time.

I agree with being able to pick and play anything you want is more fun, but most of the time it just is far less effective if you play to win. I absolutely love playing unconventional picks in different roles, but it results in me having a rough time during the game which greatly diminishes the amount of fun I have.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 5Crabby Lobster Mar 30 2015, 20:47 PM
I like seeing more tanks and longer fights. It's a lot more entertaining to watch and fun to play than everyone just instadying imo.

+
# 6IISpartacus Mar 30 2015, 20:58 PM
As a player that enjoys diving into the fight head first (literally, as I main Alistar supp and Malph top), I couldn't be much happier. Never really played Sejuani before, mostly because I don't really play jungle all that much, but I think I'll take her for a spin before the impending nerf(s).

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 7Tsar Ivor Apr 10 2015, 01:55 AM
I am undecided as to what extent team comp matters, often times I measured up our comp vs theirs (I dodge if it's really one sided, like we have 0 cc), but we have often dominated teams that should've been destroying us. Team cohesion, skill and no small amount of luck are what's really important (luck element can be controlled to an extent with proper vision, and not warding too far out without backup, walking into the enemy team while warding is not wise).

Game: StarCraft 2

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)