Map looks poor, scripting is well.
42.86% (3)
Stop fishing for compliments. You suck.

Total Votes: 7
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Zypherbullet Aug 29 2014, 14:37 PM
Hi there commanders.

I'm not sure if I should be posting my maps on this forum or the custom maps one. I prefer this one, since the latter is not as popular.

So anyway, I've decided to upload one of my older maps that I brushed up a little with the new cloud textures (thanks cnc315d34d!)

This map was inspired by Helm's Deep from The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle Earth.
All you have to do is defend against increasingly difficult attacks from the Steel Talons and ZOCOM forces as the Black Hand. Marcion will drive through his stronghold and shout inspiring words. Meanwhile, supply trucks keep bringing in stuff to finish the Redeemer, after whch you may... Redeem.

Map features:
-Defensive play, followed by offensive style wipe-out.
-Marcion driving around and encouraging you.
-Supply truck delivering goods for the Redeemer.
-Aerial reinforcements when your army becomes weakened.
-Build radius inside your entire base.
-A shadow team tags along after a while. They may drop beacons, which will signal Marcion to drop mines at that location.
-Custom sound flags, like a blubbery waste canal and robotic sounds at the redeemer construction.
-A repair drone that is creating the redeemer.
-A nice amount of cash and tiberium at the start, but this will run out after a few minutes. So spend your money wisely. Marcion will signal a tiberium seed bomber to regrow your field once in a while.
-Custom animated cameras.
-You may discover the rest for yourself.

The map is definitely not hard, but it's not very easy either. I reckon any player may complete it, but you will have to work for it.

Preview:
Attached Image

This is version 1.0 of this map and I don't think I'll be giving it much attention.

To install the map go to:

Under Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\[USER_NAME]\Application Data\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\Maps\
Under Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8:
C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\Maps\

Attached File Marcion_s_Deep.zip
Size: 332.34k
Number of downloads: 14
Player Name Side Team

Also, since AggressivePanda decided to break my game, here's the special Panda Edition which makes the game on Hard mode significantly harder. I think.

Attached File Marcion_s_Deep_Panda_Edition.zip
Size: 333.87k
Number of downloads: 6
Player Name Side Team

Have fun, commanders!

Zypherbullet - Building Worlds

This post has been edited by Zypherbullet: Aug 29 2014, 21:55 PM

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2AggressivePanda Aug 29 2014, 15:39 PM
It came up cus i wanted to check the votes i didnt know what null vote was {me = idiot} and it voted as the bottom option but i wanted top option sorry.

Btw the could you make it harder Ive had defence maps with bh where they launch 200 planitary assault carriers at me and i survived but me as a mid player online is used to fast to the point moves but nice map though I really like your use of the nod structures.

here is the link to my testing I done it twice because I found it very entertaining smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtAsuo0ukA8...eature=youtu.be

Also your very good at setting these things out I gotta say If i made a map and it was decent I would just upload and say here play it lol xD

+
# 3Zypherbullet Aug 29 2014, 15:48 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Aug 29 2014, 16:39 PM) *

It came up cus i wanted to check the votes i didnt know what null vote was {me = idiot} and it voted as the bottom option but i wanted top option sorry.

Btw the could you make it harder Ive had defence maps with bh where they launch 200 planitary assault carriers at me and i survived but me as a mid player online is used to fast to the point moves but nice map though I really like your use of the nod structures.

here is the link to my testing I done it twice because I found it very entertaining smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtAsuo0ukA8...eature=youtu.be

Also your very good at setting these things out I gotta say If i made a map and it was decent I would just upload and say here play it lol xD

Hahaha don't sweat it. I voted the bottom one too!

Now I don't see how the GDI factions would pull a couple dozen PACs from their magic hat, but if there is high demand for this map to be very challenging, then there's plenty of room to do so. Both enemies have an unlimited amount of tiberium anyway (you may have noticed their fields don't dry up). Also, I could remove some purifiers and scorpions here and there for the hard difficulty. Maybe increase team sizes, add more upgrades, set retreat subroutines, add more command button options to the subroutines, add special powers, a superweapon, set less tiberium available etc.

Thanks for the compliment by the way. I'm a bit of a perfectionist sometimes, so I spend hours and hours of adding and removing structures, scripts and unit teams. It's quite relaxing to sculpt the game however you want it.

I'll await the processing of the video by YouTube, but I'm curious to see how you played it out.

+
# 4AggressivePanda Aug 29 2014, 15:50 PM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Aug 29 2014, 15:48 PM) *

Hahaha don't sweat it. I voted the bottom one too!

Now I don't see how the GDI factions would pull a couple dozen PACs from their magic hat, but if there is high demand for this map to be very challenging, then there's plenty of room to do so. Both enemies have an unlimited amount of tiberium anyway (you may have noticed their fields don't dry up). Also, I could remove some purifiers and scorpions here and there for the hard difficulty. Maybe increase team sizes, add more upgrades, set retreat subroutines, add more command button options to the subroutines, add special powers, a superweapon, set less tiberium available etc.

Thanks for the compliment by the way. I'm a bit of a perfectionist sometimes, so I spend hours and hours of adding and removing structures, scripts and unit teams. It's quite relaxing to sculpt the game however you want it.

I'll await the processing of the video by YouTube, but I'm curious to see how you played it out.

Well for One THE GREAT MARCH OF THE BLACK HAND! 29/08/2014 happened this day. Countless gdi soldiers lost thier lives.

Btw. Do you need a signature or Profile thingy just asking as I believe helping the community is the no.1 goal at gr.org so if you want this can be done smile.gif

Also I have fought many things including this

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Aug 29 2014, 15:54 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

+
# 5Zypherbullet Aug 29 2014, 15:53 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Aug 29 2014, 16:50 PM) *

Well for One THE GREAT MARCH OF THE BLACK HAND! 29/08/2014 happened this day. Countless gdi soldiers lost thier lives.

Btw. Do you need a signature or Profile thingy just asking as I believe helping the community is the no.1 goal at gr.org so if you want this can be done smile.gif

Come to think of it, I take whatever chance I can get to slaughter those bureaucratic fools, with their Redmond Boyle whining and crying about his political wellfare. I contracted both Marcion and Overlord to take care of that, hehehe.

Yeah, I'd really like a sig and avatar. Could you do that for me? You're free to do whatever you like, but if it's not too much of a problem, could you incorporate something that has to do with building worlds? Haha, maybe like a few giant repair drones that tinker with the planet earth.

+
# 6AggressivePanda Aug 29 2014, 15:58 PM
Yes ok It shall be done and yea Redmond boyle THE MAN WITH THE CANE what a wantabe pimpster

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Aug 29 2014, 16:09 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+
# 7Zypherbullet Aug 29 2014, 16:46 PM
Arrgghh Panda what did you do! You were meant to play the game defensively until the redeemer activates. That way, you will see the full extent of the GDI bases and their attacking forces (Steel talons using adaptive armour in a pinch, bloodhounds, zone raiders and their jumpjets, firehawks, a MARV, orca harassment).

Great, now I'll have to go and change the game so that it's much much harder.

Oh well, all in due time. Scrin campaign first.

Still, nicely played!

+
# 8AggressivePanda Aug 29 2014, 17:23 PM
Thanks here is your art work

Hope you like it also it only took a Attack move to kill eevrything and then win all i needed to do is build rockets then its insta win in like 7 mins lol xD But black hand is OP lol. Also i like he way everything is the colour black really neat.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Looking at it now its looks like it came out of a movie. If you want to look at more of my pieces I have a link below my signature.

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Aug 29 2014, 19:00 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+
# 9Zypherbullet Aug 29 2014, 19:08 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Aug 29 2014, 18:23 PM) *

Thanks here is your art work
Hope you like it also it only took a Attack move to kill eevrything and then win all i needed to do is build rockets then its insta win in like 7 mins lol xD But black hand is OP lol. Also i like he way everything is the colour black really neat.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Looking at it now its looks like it came out of a movie. If you want to look at more of my pieces I have a link below my signature.

Those are some mighty fine pictures! Sad question: How do I add a signature?

Anyway, that guy on youtube gave me some handy suggestions. So I'll show you how not OP BlackHand is on hard difficulty. Just for you!

+
# 10AggressivePanda Aug 29 2014, 19:15 PM
Bring it on! BH MASTER IS HERE make it impossible for even the greatest XD also you click on your profile picture then select my signature near the middle of the screen on the right slightly.

Then insert this text in the box

http://i61.tinypic.com/34otq3t.jpg

then you should have it

Btw do you have a youtube channel? nothing happened here <----

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Aug 29 2014, 19:28 PM

+
# 11AggressivePanda Aug 29 2014, 19:57 PM
Will it be ready by tonight? Looking forward to see what you got in store biggrin.gif

+
# 12stateoftheunion Aug 29 2014, 21:26 PM
Even if this was the greatest map ever created, give the opportunity to choose

would always be the way to go.

+
# 13Zypherbullet Aug 29 2014, 21:51 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Aug 29 2014, 20:57 PM) *

Will it be ready by tonight? Looking forward to see what you got in store biggrin.gif

I have not tried and tested it myself yet, but I made some slight adjustments just for you. Be sure to play it on hard difficulty, since the other difficulties remained the same (except normal now lowers money by $1000 to $4000 starting cash).

Attached File Marcion_s_Deep_Panda_Edition.zip
Size: 333.87k
Number of downloads: 7
Player Name Side Team

Have fun, you cheeky Black Hand pro and let me know if it's hard enough for you.

QUOTE(stateoftheunion @ Aug 29 2014, 22:26 PM) *

Even if this was the greatest map ever created, give the opportunity to choose

would always be the way to go.

Agreed. I love you guys.

+
# 14AggressivePanda Aug 29 2014, 22:42 PM
Panda came out of his epic battle victorious with epic music with 1 hand of nod, 4 power plants and 1 refinery he manages to pull through thorugh a mcv sell and losing all but 1 harvester he just makes it through PANDA EDITION of Marcion's Deep

Video is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4nkvJFMca8...eature=youtu.be

By the way your awsome for the little panda at the bottom of the base thats legend I never seen as good art work with roads ever well the one on nod gardens 1.02+ in the middle was a nod scorpion tail and when i saw that i thought it was good but now I really know. biggrin.gif

Make sure the juggernauts come in last then Id be dead most certainly lol thanks for making map its very good looking forward to new releases soon wink.gif.

And know thx to state everyone is going to pick the bottom thingy lol

HE DOES! But i admit even BIG PRO panda was challenged

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Aug 29 2014, 23:06 PM

+
# 15Zypherbullet Aug 29 2014, 23:26 PM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Aug 29 2014, 23:42 PM) *

Panda came out of his epic battle victorious with epic music with 1 hand of nod, 4 power plants and 1 refinery he manages to pull through thorugh a mcv sell and losing all but 1 harvester he just makes it through PANDA EDITION of Marcion's Deep

Video is here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4nkvJFMca8...eature=youtu.be

By the way your awsome for the little panda at the bottom of the base thats legend I never seen as good art work with roads ever well the one on nod gardens 1.02+ in the middle was a nod scorpion tail and when i saw that i thought it was good but now I really know. biggrin.gif

Make sure the juggernauts come in last then Id be dead most certainly lol thanks for making map its very good looking forward to new releases soon wink.gif.

And know thx to state everyone is going to pick the bottom thingy lol
HE DOES! But i admit even BIG PRO panda was challenged

Do you really, REALLY want a massochist edition of the map? n1qshok.gif

+
# 16AggressivePanda Aug 30 2014, 00:20 AM
No need ^^ I wonder who picked is this actually a map? Lol thx but I think you should focus on your scrin campaign at the moment. smile.gif. Love the way you said aggressivepanda broke the game here is a harder edition it's actually quite a decent map.

This post has been edited by AggressivePanda: Aug 30 2014, 00:24 AM

+
# 17s2nz0 Aug 30 2014, 10:00 AM
Well, i played the panda edition on hard, there is only the start that is interesting, then idk with i had to attack or wait, so i camped first a long time to see if its getting harder or not after a long time of radio silence, and much heroic units.. i gone destroy the base.. with finally got me a new msg telling i won, this is still too ez (on the way i have played tons of defensive map)

It's decent, graphical cool map, but difficulty need to be improved a lot with some return of situation, it was always the same units coming, attack on side. i slept a lot during the game after the initial decent attack, i even didnt need the redemer, i saw i had unlocked it by mistakely click all unit key ^^' so i got it heroic too for fun tongue.gif

+
# 18Zypherbullet Aug 30 2014, 10:20 AM
QUOTE(s2nZ0 @ Aug 30 2014, 11:00 AM) *

Well, i played the panda edition on hard, there is only the start that is interesting, then idk with i had to attack or wait, so i camped first a long time to see if its getting harder or not after a long time of radio silence, and much heroic units.. i gone destroy the base.. with finally got me a new msg telling i won, this is still too ez (on the way i have played tons of defensive map)

It's decent, graphical cool map, but difficulty need to be improved a lot with some return of situation, it was always the same units coming, attack on side. i slept a lot during the game after the initial decent attack, i even didnt need the redemer, i saw i had unlocked it by mistakely click all unit key ^^' so i got it heroic too for fun tongue.gif

I know I know, it's a map that I created as I went along, so there's not much thought in it. I used this map to familiarize myself with subroutines and some custom object flags and model condition flags. Then I gave panda a bit more of a challenge, but I don't have time to make it extremely hard and then test it. I'm still busy with the SCRIN campaign.

I know I could make some dynamic subroutines that act and create according to unit counts, but perhaps that's for a later time.

+
# 19s2nz0 Aug 30 2014, 11:55 AM
Yes focus on scrin mission, that's better actually

P.S: Don't quote so much guys tongue.gif

+
# 20Zypherbullet Aug 30 2014, 12:46 PM
QUOTE(s2nZ0 @ Aug 30 2014, 12:55 PM) *

Yes focus on scrin mission, that's better actually

P.S: Don't quote so much guys tongue.gif

Quotes are awesome.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)