Explore GameReplays...

Modern Warfare 2

Modern Warfare 2: Sales Predictions

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Verdo Aug 25 2009, 13:22 PM
According to GameStop, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 will smash records. GameStop, who are one of the largest videogame retail chains in the world, believes Modern Warfare 2 could be the highest selling game of all-time.

While discussing sales outlook for this fall on a recent financial call, GameStop’s Chief Creative Officer; Paul Raines, said Modern Warfare 2 could be a record-breaking title.

"Although we have seen some title slippages, we still see a strong fall line-up, led by Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Assassin's Creed II, and Halo 3: ODST,” said Paul Rained. “Expect that Modern Warfare 2 could be the best selling title of all-time."

IPB Image

Modern Warfare 2 is in demand, huge retailers such as HMV, Game, and Amazon are finding themselves running short on Prestige Edition, after so many people are pre-ordering their copies. Activsion were recently slated for the price tag on Modern Warfare 2, but a good move, considering so many fans are going to buy this game.

View the original article at IGN.com

This post has been edited by Verdo: Aug 25 2009, 13:33 PM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

Clan: Dumbledore's Army

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2 1.06

+
# 2FyreNL Aug 25 2009, 14:37 PM
Those greedy assholes even increased the price for the PC version. Yeah, they ain't getting my money anymore now.

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Tuberculosis Aug 25 2009, 15:30 PM
GameStop announcing their predictions on pre-orders? Really?

What a waste of space.

Pretty soon they'll annouce Starcraft 2 might be the best selling game of all time in 2010, and then Counter Strike 2, and so on.

This article is pretty much worthless in that games come and go, and I believe Modern Warefare 2 will only be bought by die hard fans simply because its a sequel to Modern Warefare.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 4Fender Aug 25 2009, 15:41 PM
QUOTE(Tuberculosis @ Aug 25 2009, 11:30 AM) *

This article is pretty much worthless in that games come and go, and I believe Modern Warefare 2 will only be bought by die hard fans simply because its a sequel to Modern Warefare.

I think you'll be surprised when you see the sales figures. MW2 will more than likely be a record-breaking game, both in total sales and sales in the first week.

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 5greySynapse Aug 25 2009, 16:03 PM
I think it will only be record-breaking in first day/first week sales. I think in the long run better games can come out, IMHO.

Game: None

+
# 6TimFortres Aug 25 2009, 16:51 PM
I think Gamespot ment: best selling game on xbox/ps3.

The only thing that sadens me is that gaming industry is turning into hollywood. Same cliches over and over again manage to make profit.

At least in movie industry we'r saying a change for the better, but gaming industry still has to survive the "lets-make-clones-of-succesful-projects-untill-we-die" phase.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 7Smart Aug 25 2009, 18:24 PM
best-selling of all time for PS3/360... SC2 or CS2 are more than capable of taking the PC throne.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 8yayaracecar Aug 25 2009, 18:38 PM
QUOTE(Tuberculosis @ Aug 25 2009, 08:30 AM) *

What a waste of space.

Pretty soon they'll annouce Starcraft 2 might be the best selling game of all time in 2010, and then Counter Strike 2, and so on.

you are very confused sir....

Game: Call of Duty 4

+
# 98x3QYlbPkD Aug 25 2009, 18:40 PM
QUOTE(Tuberculosis @ Aug 25 2009, 15:30 PM) *

What a waste of space.

MW2 will SMASH SC2, and also SC2 will be bought for the same reason you stated about MW2

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 10xFactor Aug 25 2009, 22:10 PM
I'm going to buy it.

I'd like to see a number of what they think they are going to make though.

Clan: Order Of The Elites

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 11EnglishMuffin Aug 25 2009, 22:14 PM
Is this like how the ps3 is the greatest console ever since they didn't have enough in stock? I'm not buying it. The online gameplay was shit, it carried on into WaW and I'm sure it will be exactly the same in this.

+
# 12loyaltrekie Aug 25 2009, 23:21 PM
QUOTE(EnglishMuffin @ Aug 25 2009, 17:14 PM) *

Is this like how the ps3 is the greatest console ever since they didn't have enough in stock? I'm not buying it. The online gameplay was shit, it carried on into WaW and I'm sure it will be exactly the same in this.

My brain just exploded on how you just tried to turn your opinion into a factual statement. While you, yourself, may think the Call of Duty multiplayer experience "was shit" its hardly proof that it is. In fact sales figures, as well as gameplay figures completely disagree with your statement. As for the PS3 statement; when every console platform launches there is always a shortage; so your argument is quite null and void. Your welcome to try again though.

The reason they are predicting such high sales is due to a number of legitimate factors. If you don't want to bother to research the subject why even bother posting in a discussion thread? If you want any real proof of the games "powerhouse sale predictions" look at all the titles getting pushed back just to avoid being released in the same time frame.

This post has been edited by loyaltrekie: Aug 27 2009, 14:15 PM

Game: Call Of Duty: Black Ops

+
# 13Fender Aug 26 2009, 02:38 AM
QUOTE(loyaltrekie @ Aug 25 2009, 19:21 PM) *

My brain just exploded on how you just tried to turn your opinion into a factual statement. While you, yourself, may think the Call of Duty multiplayer experience "was shit" its hardly proof that it is. In fact sales figures, as well as gameplay figures completely disagree with your statement. As for the PS3 statement; when every console platform launches there is always a shortage; so your argument is quite null and void. Your welcome to try again though.

The reason they are predicting such high sales is due to a number of legitimate factors. If you don't want to bother to research the subject why even bother? If you want any real proof of the games "powerhouse sale predictions" look at all the titles getting pushed back just to avoid being released in the same time frame.

Very well said.

A few individuals may not care for the gameplay much, but there are plenty of people who do. smile.gif

Game: Battlefield 3

+
# 14Excelsis.hT Aug 26 2009, 05:18 AM
this game will beat even Halo 3 sales record im sure, fucking gonna make billions, watch there probably like 10 million just in preorders,

Clan: aeon

+
# 15Darksolaris Aug 26 2009, 14:15 PM
$59.99 for the pc version.......Fuck you Activision.

Game: Modern Warfare 2

+
# 168x3QYlbPkD Aug 26 2009, 19:21 PM
QUOTE(Excelsis.hT @ Aug 26 2009, 05:18 AM) *

this game will beat even Halo 3 sales record im sure, fucking gonna make billions, watch there probably like 10 million just in preorders,

10 million just on the xbox version tbh

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 17Excelsis.hT Aug 26 2009, 22:18 PM
QUOTE(Darksolaris @ Aug 26 2009, 06:15 AM) *

lol

ahh 10$ over average new release don't bother me, considering that the game is amazing and online is gonna be packed

Clan: aeon

+
# 18Rachhet Aug 27 2009, 00:52 AM
QUOTE(Darksolaris @ Aug 26 2009, 14:15 PM) *

AMEN!
Activision is just full of shit if they think they are gonna sell a game for that price.
i better get extra content for the next four years.... oh wait THATS NOT GONNA FUCKIN HAPPEN.

+
# 19Rachhet Aug 27 2009, 00:53 AM
QUOTE(Excelsis.hT @ Aug 26 2009, 22:18 PM) *

lol

ahh 10$ over average new release don't bother me, considering that the game is amazing and online is gonna be packed

more like 15 $ with taxes.

+
# 20yayaracecar Aug 27 2009, 06:10 AM
thye cod series has been going down hill, since i dont actually purchase the game for myself i'll still obtain it, its just sad that PC users have to pay extra for a game that needs to be modded in order for it to function correctly.

Game: Call of Duty 4

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)