Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Modified Cabana Republic found!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Constable Chris Oct 6 2015, 20:17 PM
Hello.

I was going through the original maps, this evening, and i came across a modified version of cabana republic.(The map file was also in the same folder as the original cabana republic file)

The main differences in this modified version are:

-The oil derricks are replaced with expansions.
-The oil derricks are relocated, and they are now a bit farther than their usual positions.
-The top water expansions are removed.(So your only way of getting 5 refs, is by taking one of the southern water expansions, and also, most of your refineries will be on land now.)

IPB Image

I really don't know why this is here. I guess this is something EA never actually finished , and left it with the original cabana republic...

Thoughts?

Clan: H2O

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Silver5000 Oct 6 2015, 21:06 PM
Constable Chris, can you see if there are more of these modified versions of the original maps and put them up in this topic, please as I find this very Interesting. is this the only thing EA never actually finished in this game.

+
# 3yellowjacket Oct 6 2015, 22:41 PM
That's funny, I just found this a couple days ago too. Might be worth seeing if it's playable.... There is also a 2nd Canals of Carnage map as well, but I didn't see any major difference on the first quick look.

+
# 4GBHmichael Oct 6 2015, 22:56 PM
Are the 'Last Modified' dates different on the official cabana and this version?

Chances are, that the one released was seen to be better but maybe they made a mistake.

I would like to try this version out anyway. Maybe it will turn out to be terrible, but there is only 1 way to find out.

I have 1 question about the other version though; does it still have an observation post and the random land mass at the bottom? I have never seen this obs post used or the land come into play.

Where can these files be found?

+
# 5007Goldeneye Oct 7 2015, 01:04 AM
QUOTE(GBHmichael @ Oct 6 2015, 17:56 PM) *

I have 1 question about the other version though; does it still have an observation post and the random land mass at the bottom? I have never seen this obs post used or the land come into play.

True that obs post never gets used but the land mass still does. It can work wonders for fast Yuriko rushes because the opponent rarely scouts that area and the map is big enough to pull it off.

Clan: m8s

+
# 6Constable Chris Oct 7 2015, 04:36 AM
QUOTE(Silver5000 @ Oct 6 2015, 21:06 PM) *

Constable Chris, can you see if there are more of these modified versions of the original maps and put them up in this topic, please as I find this very Interesting. is this the only thing EA never actually finished in this game.

As yellowjacket said there is also a modified version of Canals of Carnage, and also Secret Shrine. These maps arent played at all so i won't look into them.

@GBH If you completely look at the map, it is not complete yet. There is a lot of missing cliffs and details, as well as textures that need fixing. It clearly looks unfinished.

It still has the random landmass, but it does not contain the observation post seen in the original cabana map.

It might be worth trying i think.

The dates modified are inaccurate because i had to extract the maps from another file, and the date modified shows exactly when i did this.

"Where can these files be found"? Get a BIG(this is a file format) editor , and open MapsMultiplayer.big in the Red Alert 3 Data subfolder . Extract " map_mp_2_feasel1_edit.map". Now open it with the worldbuilder, and have at it.

Or to answer in another way, these files are found in MapsMultiplayer.big, in the Red Alert 3/Data/ subfolder.

This post has been edited by Constable Chris: Oct 7 2015, 04:46 AM

+
# 7zokker13 Oct 7 2015, 04:54 AM
Fools.

This is the original CR.
What you play now is the modification.

The original CR was playable in the beta IIRC.

Game: None

+
# 8Constable Chris Oct 7 2015, 12:56 PM
Its simple to say that without calling everyone fools.

+
# 9WalfTheWolf Oct 7 2015, 14:57 PM
I'd say that modification might be able to make Cabana more interesting and more balanced

+
# 10Constable Chris Oct 7 2015, 15:01 PM
I agree, it might be cool to try something different from the original. Moreover i think this one is more interesting to try than the cabana we play now. smile.gif

+
# 11zokker13 Oct 7 2015, 17:32 PM
QUOTE(Constable Chris @ Oct 7 2015, 13:56 PM) *

Its simple to say that without calling everyone fools.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings for spreading wrong information.
I'd rather see entirely new maps instead of rebranding existing ones.

Please replace TP already.

+
# 12Constable Chris Oct 7 2015, 17:41 PM
How could i know that this is wrong information? And even if it is, it is logical to call people fools, instead of explaining politely, that this is wrong information? or is that too hard?

+
# 13zokker13 Oct 7 2015, 18:07 PM
QUOTE(Constable Chris @ Oct 7 2015, 18:41 PM) *

How could i know that this is wrong information? And even if it is, it is logical to call people fools, instead of explaining politely, that this is wrong information? or is that too hard?

How are you so easily offended? This is amazing.

+
# 14JonnyKnows Oct 7 2015, 23:23 PM
For the record I chuckled when I read zokker's comment calling us fools, I thought it was a fun way to say it.

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 15yellowjacket Oct 8 2015, 00:42 AM
Fools Ok. If he said imbecile's, I'd be pissed.

Seriously though, maybe this was was the modified version for the beta, and they went back to the original version for the game, because it was too balanced.

+
# 16Eminence Oct 8 2015, 23:27 PM

thb, Frodo was PRETTY upset when Gandalf called them all "fools" like that just before bouncing.

Fly you foolss!

It's just rude...

+
# 17zokker13 Oct 9 2015, 06:39 AM
Frodo always looks terrified.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)