Rise of the Witchking

Need Help! Installing Rise of the Wiki on Windows 7, etc...

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1MichaelMyers87 Sep 8 2011, 10:03 AM
Hey I got a few questions. I needa know how to install Rise of the Wiki/Battle for Middle Earth 2 on windows 7 because I've heard that you gotta do some stuff manually or something.

Also, does EA still sell the Digital Download version of Rise of the Witch King? It don't seem like they do. Also if they still do sell it, DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE 2.01 PATCH FOR IT. It has its own patch that makes it able to be played with other people who have the game/version on LAN/Internet. I had the site with the download link in my favorites on my old cpu but alas, a virus crippled it and all the data was lost lol.

Also if I cant get the digital download version of rise of the wiki, and have to buy a USED Rise of the Witch King with a "broken cd key"; (meaning that if I could still play 2.01 online that I woudn't be able to with the cd key that came with the used game if it even came with an insruction booklet), could I still play it with someone else who had the game over lan? (who bought the game new).

Basically I know the servers are shut down and I could care less about the 2.02 patch (yea the rigged dwarves and invincible berzerkers etc are annoying lol) or playing online in the servers specifically for it because I'd get slaughtered. I just wanna play with my buddies over lan. But I cant find the game new or on the ea site for digital download. I got the digital download version b4, but yes again the data was lost lol.

Help would be appreciated!!

And mainly I just need to know if 2 people who have one/two cd keys that were already used by someone else who owned the game before and played it online can still play over lan.

This post has been edited by MichaelMyers87: Sep 8 2011, 10:07 AM

+
# 2IceVice Sep 8 2011, 12:08 PM
Welcome.

The 2.01 section is largely closed, we conduct everything in the Unofficial 2.02 Section now.

You are able to download 2.01 and 2.02 here at gamereplays.org, here's the 2.01 download page.

I don't know much about CD key usage, but many other members do.

This post has been edited by IceVice: Sep 8 2011, 12:14 PM

Clan: GoF|

Game: Rise of the Witchking

+
# 3MichaelMyers87 Sep 8 2011, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the info.

Btw I found the link where you can supposadly buy the direct download version, only theres no way to download it on the page as far as I can see.

http://www.ea.com/lotr-the-battle-for-middle-earth-2

Any ideas?

This post has been edited by MichaelMyers87: Sep 8 2011, 12:56 PM

+
# 4ViZ Oct 2 2011, 21:03 PM
please refer to the 2.02 forums

Game: League of Legends

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)