Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

New Clan Wars rolling 2v2 maps System

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1MythvMight Sep 21 2014, 23:20 PM
Had some nice success in the 2 clan month FoL vrs FoD it has gained revenue, however this may fail to out last. It mayneed subsidence,

I propose a 2v2 clan month with rolling 2v2 quick match maps (only) and only a player who has just played a map in the order can either agree to same map, or it must roll over in the standard edition of the game.

For example if the map or was 1 2 3 4

the re would be on map 1 or 2 if all players agreed but would have no problem with players saying our last map was this as all players would know what it was. and Only if all players suggest we start at Anorien being 1 as default would the roll stop.

Each player/ team would be given a roll option with slight debate, hopefully make the next clan month far better for replays and gameplay...

I would also op for a split 4 clan month

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2Taterz Sep 27 2014, 16:57 PM
Where do I sign up?

+
# 3Segway Sep 27 2014, 17:07 PM
Can't wait to play against 2 knights > gtw > stoneworker

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 4Boss^ Sep 28 2014, 08:47 AM
LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

where you come from

TaTerz & Segway

Clan: Born 2 Pawn

+
# 5MythvMight Sep 28 2014, 10:08 AM
If you are really interested then I can talk the admin to make a sign up topic.

However this idea can work if people respect it, if we say that the parties both have a roll option from there previous game. It could essentially create a random function initiated by the players.

If the hosting party had just played ent wash and all decided to play a game on anorien, then the other 2 players still have a roll option to push it forward into the random sequence again forcing a continuum of sorts.

+
# 6Taterz Sep 28 2014, 12:56 PM
QUOTE(Boss^ @ Sep 28 2014, 09:47 AM) *

LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL

where you come from

TaTerz & Segway

gogogogoggogogogogogogo

+
# 7Segway Sep 28 2014, 13:34 PM
GOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGO
OOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOO
GOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOG
OGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOG
OGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGG
OGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGO
OGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGG
GOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGO
GOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGG
OGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOG
OGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOO
OOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOG
OGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGO
GOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGOGGOGOOGOGGGOGOGOGOGOOOOOGO
GOGGGOGO

The real question is, how much revenue will this month gain and what will happen to the mayonnaise substance?

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 8MythvMight Sep 28 2014, 15:52 PM
Clearly I am putting a idea forward and you are replying with awkward comments that make no sense.

I've had a word with the cw admin who doesn't seem interested in the idea anyway so I gather it will be a standard cw team month that you could participate in.

This post has been edited by MythvMight: Sep 28 2014, 15:56 PM

+
# 9Taterz Sep 28 2014, 18:23 PM
What a fuckin' shame.

+
# 10MythvMight Sep 28 2014, 20:36 PM
It's not so much a shame of the system, but more that the players would not be as eager to try and converge it into a way of playing more multiplayer maps in a competitive 2v2 league

My initial idea was that if all parties are being random and also having the random option of maps selection applicable in clan wars then the league may have more competitive depth. However the psychology format to be adapted and shared by the players to improve the nature of the game ultimately relies on the players themselves.

The game as the moment though seems stubborn, and the skill level is been based primarily on either 'ford of Isen'
or 'Anorien'

This post has been edited by MythvMight: Sep 28 2014, 20:42 PM

+
# 11Fishy Sep 29 2014, 11:53 AM
It is quite easy to force other maps than FoI for 1v1 games if at least on of the players wants to play different map.

My idea of this.

Host Choose map
Offhost choose spot
Host choose army if he wants to
Offhost choose his army

This way both sides have their advantage - Onhost has his host advantage and advantage of choosing the playfield. Offhost has advantage in picking the "better" spot and can react to onhost army by picking his favourite counterarmy.

This way Mordor will have chance against Rohan on the bigger maps and we will see more interest on tactics on other maps as even med-good players are familiar with most tactics on FoI but remains clueless on different map.

I can imagine some maps being excluded from the list (for ex. some of the new maps, Rohan maybe, etc.)

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 12Amateur`Hour Sep 29 2014, 19:13 PM
QUOTE(Fishy @ Sep 29 2014, 11:53 AM) *

It is quite easy to force other maps than FoI for 1v1 games if at least on of the players wants to play different map.

My idea of this.

Host Choose map
Offhost choose spot
Host choose army if he wants to
Offhost choose his army
This way both sides have their advantage - Onhost has his host advantage and advantage of choosing the playfield. Offhost has advantage in picking the "better" spot and can react to onhost army by picking his favourite counterarmy.

This way Mordor will have chance against Rohan on the bigger maps and we will see more interest on tactics on other maps as even med-good players are familiar with most tactics on FoI but remains clueless on different map.

I can imagine some maps being excluded from the list (for ex. some of the new maps, Rohan maybe, etc.)

Choosing army is kind of lame, people can just pick mordor/isen on fangorn/dunharrow/westfold on host

Game: League of Legends

+
# 13y0shi Sep 29 2014, 19:51 PM
Rohan on Rohan

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 14Fishy Sep 29 2014, 22:10 PM
QUOTE(Amateur`Hour @ Sep 29 2014, 20:13 PM) *

Choosing army is kind of lame, people can just pick mordor/isen on fangorn/dunharrow/westfold on host

Nobody said it is not lame...

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 15Laurelin7 Sep 30 2014, 10:15 AM
QUOTE(Amateur`Hour @ Sep 29 2014, 19:13 PM) *

How is that any more unfair than playing 1v1 random foi and getting rohan host vs mordor (ez points), only to have the rematch random a gondor host vs isen (fair game)

+
# 16MythvMight Sep 30 2014, 10:27 AM
If we used a rolling map system then in 1v1 players would take turns to host picking 'random'

By picking random army, it means that the advantage of spot and map is not decided by the player,
The maps could proceed to be played in the standard order of the game.

So for example if it was a 2v2 clan war, and the game started with 2 games on Anorien, the next 2 games would
take place on

Central Ilhilien
then Cross roads
then Drudan Forest and so on

If 2 teams play each other from different times than 1 side will have a roll option for 2 of the 4 games played,
No map can be played 4 times in a row without a roll.

The system wouldn't work flawlessly but it could work sustainably creating a random map effect generated by the players.
This relies on the players wanting to play random maps in a clan league which would increase the depth and playability of the entire game. It would also improve general map awareness and generate better players of recent times.

This post has been edited by MythvMight: Sep 30 2014, 10:55 AM

+
# 17y0shi Sep 30 2014, 15:36 PM
QUOTE(Laurelin7 @ Sep 30 2014, 10:15 AM) *

How is that any more unfair than playing 1v1 random foi and getting rohan host vs mordor (ez points), only to have the rematch random a gondor host vs isen (fair game)

It's lame because when both pick random you both have the exact same chances of getting a mu in your favour.

If lets say you pick rohan every single game in 1v1, then you literally have no mu's where you don't have a great chance to win. Which makes it unfair.
Altho one might argue that the other player can also pick, but some just like to play random, including my self.

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 18Amateur`Hour Sep 30 2014, 17:09 PM
QUOTE(Laurelin7 @ Sep 30 2014, 10:15 AM) *

Because i could just pick host mordor on fangorn and win everygame

Game: League of Legends

+
# 19Felixanius Sep 30 2014, 18:39 PM
QUOTE(Amateur`Hour @ Sep 30 2014, 17:09 PM) *

Because i could just pick host mordor on fangorn and win everygame

Challenge accepted, nub!

+
# 20MythvMight Sep 30 2014, 20:30 PM
By giving any player the chance to have a op match up on more maps means the game is not flawed.

This post has been edited by MythvMight: Oct 1 2014, 09:13 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)