Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

New Kane's Wrath Cursors (Kraken Style)

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Masazumi Nov 25 2015, 03:57 AM
If anybody is familiar with the Kraken cursor, I recently got it, and while it isn't practical for everyday computer use, it's a very neat cursor set. Anyway, I decided to make new Kane's Wrath cursors using that style as a base.

Actions
Regular "Pointer"
All the Scroll Arrows (Right Click Screen Scroll)
Structure/Unit Selection
Set Rally Point

Orders
NewMove Order
New Attack Order
Attack Move Order
OOR Attack Move Order
Force Move Order
Force Attack Order
Reverse Move Order

Misc
Text Beam
Charge Base Defenses (FIX)

The "Pointer" (CSSpointer.cur) I did not make as it's from the Kraken pack by "jacksmafia", I simply based these cursors off the theme he made. I also did not make the "Beam", as it's an edited version of the beam from a Tron cursor pack. I'm just going to call this pack "Skewer/Masazumi's Cursors", since that's completely original. Another name might be Kraken Wrath Cursors... but meh.

Here are gifs of what they look like. Keep in mind the gifs were recorded with LICEcap, so they're not properly looped. However, in game they look correct.

Pointer
IPB Image

Basic Select
IPB Image

New Move Order
IPB Image

New Attack Order
IPB Image

Force Attack Order
IPB Image

For installation:
Download the pack and then go to this directory:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Command & Conquer 3 Kane's Wrath\RetailExe\1.2\Data\Cursors"

Just replace the files with what's in the pack; though it is recommended you make a back-up just in case you want to switch back to the vanilla cursors. Enjoy!

It also fixes the "Charge Base Defenses" cursor with Nod/BlackHand/MoK when BeamCannons charge ObeliskOfLight structure. The original doesn't center, which always bothered me.

This post has been edited by Masazumi: Nov 25 2015, 05:29 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File Skewer_s_Masazumi_s_Cursors.zip
Size: 68.1k
Number of downloads: 134
Player Name Side Team

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2s2nz0 Nov 25 2015, 07:01 AM
Cool stuff, will give it a look but i already have my own customized one too tongue.gif

+
# 3Thanatos Nov 25 2015, 09:35 AM
Is there anything you cant mod in this game? Thats hella cool, you should make a few cursor packs for people to use biggrin.gif

+
# 4incapaisa Nov 25 2015, 11:12 AM
any map hacks...plz..

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 5~AngelOfDeath~ Nov 25 2015, 16:48 PM
I like them biggrin.gif

Clan: Mates First

Game: CNC Tiberian Dawn Remastered

+
# 6AggressivePanda Nov 25 2015, 17:14 PM
I love these, good job man! smile.gif

+
# 7Egozi44 Nov 27 2015, 00:59 AM
Nice work : ]
Maybe if you could make them red they will be even better fit for KW ?

It also fixes the "Charge Base Defenses" cursor with Nod/BlackHand/MoK when BeamCannons charge ObeliskOfLight structure. The original doesn't center

What do you mean? I never saw such a bug and I worked with the Beam Cannons some time ago

+
# 8AggressivePanda Nov 27 2015, 08:22 AM
It may depend on the resolution. Some people may notice a displacement even more with a smaller or larger cursor.

+
# 9s2nz0 Nov 27 2015, 09:05 AM
QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Nov 27 2015, 09:22 AM) *

It may depend on the resolution. Some people may notice a displacement even more with a smaller or larger cursor.

In fact, this is because the clickable zone from the cursor is on the top left to the head-point, depending resolution, windows scaling, it can sometime be strange. Im sure there is other reason too but i don't know them

+
# 10Egozi44 Nov 27 2015, 19:20 PM
My res is 1920x1200

does someone experience that bug with is res?

Also how the bug suppose to look like... I see the cursor animation just fine

+
# 11Masazumi Nov 29 2015, 19:26 PM
1920x1200!? I only got 1080, though with Nvidia's graphics card, I can increase it to that if I want. Still, just wow; and ya. Maybe with certain resolutions. My program tells me that the ChargeBaseDefenses had a hotspot of 0,0 , whilest most of the other cursors were 15,15. So changing the hotspot should at least guarantee it'll be centered.

+
# 12Zypherbullet Nov 29 2015, 21:02 PM
QUOTE(Masazumi @ Nov 29 2015, 20:26 PM) *

1920x1200!? I only got 1080, though with Nvidia's graphics card, I can increase it to that if I want. Still, just wow; and ya. Maybe with certain resolutions. My program tells me that the ChargeBaseDefenses had a hotspot of 0,0 , whilest most of the other cursors were 15,15. So changing the hotspot should at least guarantee it'll be centered.

Doesn't it guarantee it will be offset instead of centered? laugh.gif

+
# 13Egozi44 Dec 1 2015, 01:25 AM
QUOTE(Masazumi @ Nov 29 2015, 21:26 PM) *

Yea most monitors of 22' 23' or 24' have 1920x1080 res, my dell monitor is 24' but have 1920x1200 res, the different not that big though so I don't sure if it effect the issue

Any chance you can post pic or video of the issue? you made me curious, if there's such a bug I want to include cursor in any size for my mod so people will have fix =D (will credit you ofc)

+
# 14Masazumi Jan 8 2019, 01:21 AM
Been quite a LONG time since I made any new cursors, and I suddenly got the inspiration to make a "Scrin Inspired" set of cursors. It mostly takes elements from Reaper-17's theme, but anyhow, I hope you can all enjoy a new set of Cursors. Also included are two bonus "Nod" styled cursors; the Charge Base Defenses used by Beam-Cannon's to charge obelisks show an image of an Obelisk.

All of the basic Cursor Commands (Moving/AttackMoving/Force/etc.) have been hand drawn and animated, similar to the vanilla cursors, each one has their own varying differences. The only ones not replaced are Garrison/Engineer, Mastermind Control, Harvesting, Tiberium Absorption; these among others you might expect that are "specialized". The Mastermind one was a decision because Cultists/Prodigy use it too, and it would look weird when using them to see an icon with a Mastermind in the center. The gifs below are a preview and are not representative of all the cursors included.

I also made a bonus "Beam-Venom" Targeting cursor, but that was before I realized that Beam-Venom shares the same ability cursor as the others.

This post has been edited by Masazumi: Jan 8 2019, 01:26 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

Attached File(s)
Attached File ScrinStyledCursors.zip
Size: 139.02k
Number of downloads: 49
Player Name Side Team

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)