Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

New Mechanics for RA3?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Ra3Comrades Jul 26 2015, 12:42 PM
Hello guys. After a few months of inactivity, i am now back to working on RA3. Chris and I have been discussing ways, in which
we can make RA3 more interesting for peoples, and provide a new enjoyable gameplay experience.

We came up with the idea of new mechanics for the game.

What we need to know, do you think adding new mechanics is a good idea? Do you have any idea for new ones?

If you do, we can add these mechanics, but please note: They will be released in the form of a mod , only for testing and will not be included in the patch

Thank you.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Silver5000 Jul 26 2015, 13:55 PM
upgrades you that can buy from the Technology Structures that add new things, like increasing the amount of power that base power buildings have.

+
# 3Constable Chris Jul 26 2015, 14:17 PM
Units have upgrades through protocols , but ok, wel note your suggestion.

Clan: H2O

+
# 4Plokite_Wolf Jul 26 2015, 14:30 PM
Could you elaborate on the sort of mechanics you wish to implement? There's only so much you can add without tampering with the source code. Several mods were discontinued due to RA3's technical limitations (Paradox, Synergy...)

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 5Constable Chris Jul 26 2015, 14:47 PM
We dont have a specific kind, we just wanted to get suggestions from the community, and we will see what we can do about implenting/testing them.

+
# 6GBHmichael Jul 26 2015, 22:51 PM
No, keep RA3 as it is.

Bug fixing is fine, all of the changes that are being made to remove them are undoubtedly helpful to the community. But the way that RA3 works should stay the same. If you make changes to this then you run the risk of spoiling the game which we love so much.

+
# 7Constable Chris Jul 27 2015, 06:09 AM
QUOTE(GBHmichael @ Jul 26 2015, 22:51 PM) *

No, keep RA3 as it is.

Bug fixing is fine, all of the changes that are being made to remove them are undoubtedly helpful to the community. But the way that RA3 works should stay the same. If you make changes to this then you run the risk of spoiling the game which we love so much.

We thought about the risk of breaking the game, which is why we opened this topic in the first place.To get ideas and suggestions, then we could elaborate on them to see what works and what doesn't.

Nonetheless, if you think that the game is fine this way, then so be it ^^ , its still a vote to wether the game will be changed or not.

+
# 8yellowjacket Jul 29 2015, 02:55 AM
Not too sure what "Game Mechanics" implies. But if adding new units is possible, I got a suggestion. A submarine, which is stealth like the Akula Sub, but can launch aircraft for bombing, from a water tight hangar that opens when the sub surfaces.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-400-class_submarine

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)