# 1-HaTeR- Feb 18 2015, 13:14 PM
Check out the new Video Tab Section!

http://www.gamereplays.org/cncgenerals/vid...&show=index

World Series 2014 Finals now available!

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 2Cypher Feb 19 2015, 19:39 PM
Thanks for that feature. Considering this is the game between the best players of 2014 I was quite disappointed, though. Inactive units all the time, poor micro and horrible multitasking. (Just look at 40:20 to 40:36..)

Considering this topic claiming -

Argue all you want, but the collective skill gained by you guys compared to the rest smoke any oldschool top level knowledge from back then.

- I'd like to add that the skill level in this game has not improved whatsoever in the last 10 years.

After neither watching nor playing CCG for years and seeing the level of competition and skill in other games (specifically SC2 and Dota2) this is quite a disappointment.

Game: Blizzard

+
# 3krew Feb 19 2015, 20:29 PM
Really? Because when I see reps in you days, no one took oils or mid until 20 min after the games started, lol...

gla made maybe 5 tunnels total around the map.

bunkers were avoided.

micro management was used by only the very best.

list goes on.

if hawky and I can play this well with almost no competitive games in four months, do you really think your generation of players would stand a chance?

This post has been edited by krew: Feb 19 2015, 20:36 PM

Clan: iWuB

Game: Generals 2

+
# 4Diamond- Feb 19 2015, 21:27 PM
QUOTE(Cypher @ Feb 19 2015, 19:39 PM) *
Thanks for that feature. Considering this is the game between the best players of 2014 I was quite disappointed, though. Inactive units all the time, poor micro and horrible multitasking. (Just look at 40:20 to 40:36..)

- I'd like to add that the skill level in this game has not improved whatsoever in the last 10 years.

After neither watching nor playing CCG for years and seeing the level of competition and skill in other games (specifically SC2 and Dota2) this is quite a disappointment.

You forget one big point. All (and I really mean all) are extremely inactive, so yes both players did not play thaaat well. It's obvious, that if you have to competition and if you stop playing, then even games between two top players look like this. Considering the low level of activity, the games were actually quite nice though, just a few horrible moves.

Nice new section, maybe some activity coming back with this ? wink.gif

+
# 5BigDDesireN Feb 20 2015, 06:10 AM
QUOTE(Cypher @ Feb 19 2015, 14:39 PM) *

Like krew said, if you go back and look at the replays from even like 2007 its almost sickening. Gameplay has definatley improved and gotten better. Im not saying players have gotten better, that's obviously not the case. Good players will be good players no matter when they play, its just like in any sport or anything in life the longer it goes on for the more it evolves and gets better.

Heres an example. Take a basketball player like Lebron James. Hes an amazing athlete with extreme confidence and would've been one of the best no matter when he played. But say he played in the 1940's. Do you think he would be as good of a basketball player as he is now playing in the 2000's? I say no because the game has evolved and the play around him is better. The tougher the competition the better you get. If you took Wilt Chamberlain in his prime and put him against Shaquille ONeil in his prime, Shaq would dominate him. That's because Shaq faced better competition because he came later on when the game evolved more and there was tougher competition. But that doesn't mean if Wilt played in Shaqs time period he wouldn't be just as good.

And gens is like this also, the gameplay is tons better and if you watch the replays from earlier and now youll clearly see it.

The only difference is while Basketball for example has evolved and the play has gotten better, competition has also gotten better. Competition in generals has declined. So gameplay has improved but competition has gotten worse and maybe that sounds a little funny but it makes sense. So while your watching hawky and krew and thinking these guys played kinda noobish, well maybe so, but its not like they have had competition around them to push them and to keep them on top of their game.

Clan: Digital Militia

+
# 6trve^viking Feb 20 2015, 08:39 AM
post i made in the zh section to almost the same theme

QUOTE(trve^viking @ Feb 14 2015, 16:09 PM) *

...i think its pointless to compare strats and gameplay from almost 10 years ago, what matters is the competitive activity and level the game was at that point.
you cant say "oh wow i would beat this guy from 2005 cause i know that i have to sell cc nowdays" its about how you wouldve done with the shit they knew and other way around.
the pros which were on top of the game at their time would most likely make it to the top at any time.

the game reach its peak with high competition and activity,the basketball example would fit if it would be so dead today that there are only 2 teams of 60 year old guys throwing balls and comparing each other to a full active league and star players.

video tab section is a good thing,hope we will see some more videos there tho.

Game: Graphics

+
# 7BoWZeR Feb 20 2015, 16:06 PM
QUOTE(krew @ Feb 19 2015, 15:29 PM) *

Really? Because when I see reps in you days, no one took oils or mid until 20 min after the games started, lol...

bunkers were avoided.

list goes on.

if hawky and I can play this well with almost no competitive games in four months, do you really think your generation of players would stand a chance?

yeah.......

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 8krew Feb 20 2015, 16:51 PM
If fact, I think it took Trojan 10 years to finally stop complaining about bunkering, and start adapting with it LOL

+
# 9Diamond- Feb 21 2015, 00:47 AM
Trojan, we play the 3rd rank games soon?

+
# 10THEDOM- Feb 21 2015, 11:46 AM
What Justin and Marco said smile.gif

Greets

P.S. Cypher has no clue

QUOTE(krew @ Feb 20 2015, 17:51 PM) *

If fact, I think it took Trojan 10 years to finally stop complaining about bunkering, and start adapting with it LOL

Wrong, he still cries about 1 bunker laugh.gif

+
# 11lionengine Feb 21 2015, 21:51 PM
great thing to have a video tab section. Good job.
A world series with prize money just worked out fine as well. Good job.
(ignoring the lack of the game for rank #3, but thats just some minor issue i would say).
Now that we have a new World Series winner he should be honored with an expert promotion. (I think i dont have to mention that this promotion would be very well decerved.) This will also have an effect on activity.
All in all this section does not seem to be dead, although only a couple of people are active here. There's good possibility and chance for older players to come back, thx for the ongoing efforts.

+
# 12krew Feb 22 2015, 21:52 PM
I have yet to see 50 bucks lol.

+
# 13Cypher Feb 23 2015, 17:02 PM
QUOTE(krew @ Feb 20 2015, 04:29 AM) *

bunkers were avoided.

list goes on.

My point is not how players were good 10 years ago, it's that you two finalists overrate yourself. Almost 20 seconds of inactivity when having 2 control groups and pretty much nothing to macro is bad, very bad.
I care very little about players from "my" days, I barely played this game (<2k games).

Game: Blizzard

+
# 14Opsnyder Feb 23 2015, 19:08 PM
That's 1,4 posts about Starcraft in the CCG section per played game!

Clan: MENTAL

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 15ToxicShock Feb 24 2015, 09:03 AM
In the meantime, there's still only one video in the Video Tab. tongue.gif Can we get some more in there?

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 16krew Feb 24 2015, 15:06 PM
Never mind. I see what you're doing, cypher. The same old 'if it's not starcraft, you suck'.

How about you show off those aimless needless starcraft APM skills. I want to see how goofy you look clicking 350 times per min for no reason.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)