Explore GameReplays...

League of Legends

[New free tool] Championselect Caller - Ready to call!

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1kwoxer Sep 28 2013, 10:19 AM
Hey guys, we are here with a new tool called Championselect Caller.

The Championselect Caller (CC) is a smart tool which offers a lot of usability for summoners who'd like to inform their teammates their prefered roles. (Communication & teamwork is the key to success!) This application will automatically write saved texts into the chat when the champselect starts. It will help you to call your favourite role and ban wishes automatically.

IPB Image

(Virustotal-Scan)

How to use

- Start the application
- Prepare your text in the application
- Setup your delays (recommended 250-350)
- Start champselect. Make sure you don't click anywhere when champselect starts.
- CC will automatically be enabled again when your game finished.

(Screenshot) This is how your champselect could look like

Also notice

- If someone leaves the champselect, CC is still disabled. You have to manually reactivate it with a single click on the grey-circle (status icon next to the title) or right click the trayicon once.
- You can drag the LoL Client wherever you want. Just make sure it's completely on one screen if you are using multiple monitors.
- The size of the LoL Client does not matter. Resize it the way you want.

Troubleshooting

- If it's not working correctly, make sure you have admin rights to use this tool.
- Make sure no private chat is opened over the "send" area before champselect starts.
- Make also sure you don't click anywhere when champselect starts.
- Area that should be free (Picture)

Feedback

To improve this application it would be awesome if you could take some time to write a feedback or if you found any bugs you can help improving this tool by contacting us. I'm looking forward to all comments. Thanks guys.

About

CC is from the well known and popular Jungle Timer www.ljtd.net. So if you might not need this CC you maybe could also try that tool to improve your jungle style. It's also free and even Open Source. It would be awesome if you could upvote us on Reddit if you like this tool. Thanks.

TL;DR This new free program is calling your roles and bans in the Championselect chat automatimally.

This post has been edited by kwoxer: Oct 7 2013, 13:58 PM

+
# 2Crabby Lobster Sep 28 2013, 18:56 PM
So it's basically the same as the champion picker, except it doesn't pick champions, but only does the text. I see absolutely no reason to download this. I doubt any LoL tools are worth getting. Then again, maybe it'll be tempting to people who type with one finger. Every true gamer should be able to type at least around 50 wpm though.

Game: League of Legends

+
# 3kwoxer Sep 28 2013, 20:12 PM
A picker that writes a message without doing anything on your own. Right.

+
# 4HuggleB Sep 28 2013, 20:21 PM
We are all lazy you know...

Game: None

+
# 5Crabby Lobster Sep 29 2013, 05:21 AM
You still have to write everything out into the boxes. What makes that so much better than just typing them once you get in team select? In fact, you could just use copy+paste, which does pretty much the same thing just as fast, but then there's no need for a program at all. I think if you're lazy, you still wouldn't use this, because of the hassle of the download and working with the program lol.

I don't know, maybe some people would like it. Not for me.

This post has been edited by Deskwich: Sep 29 2013, 05:25 AM

+
# 6HuggleB Sep 29 2013, 10:14 AM
A fair point my good sir.

+
# 7Grizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sep 29 2013, 11:49 AM
Its a fair tool, if people used it as described. I doubt they would however, and it would just be used to say "mid" "top" etc... before anyone else could even type it. I'd personally never download or use any 3rd party tool for stuff like this, but that's just due to my skepticism of their authenticity.

Tbh, I'd much rather see selective role matchmaking tools being developed further; pick a role, get queued with people wanting the other roles to make up a team, once a full team is found, put them together into a real queue.

It would eliminate so much rage so quickly, the guys that build this tool obviously have some talent, go build something like that and people would go nuts for it.

This post has been edited by Grizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz: Sep 29 2013, 11:53 AM

+
# 8kwoxer Sep 29 2013, 16:56 PM
First of all: I think many guys out there love this tool. Even if guys like you don't need it, it massivly improves the quality of picks and bans.

About what kind of program you think about?

+
# 9HuggleB Sep 29 2013, 17:15 PM
a program where you enter your prefered role and get queued with someone that does not have that role. However, that would probably require riot doing something as it would affect the matchmaking system itself!

+
# 10Grizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sep 29 2013, 17:55 PM
QUOTE(HuggleB @ Sep 29 2013, 18:15 PM) *

However, that would probably require riot doing something as it would affect the matchmaking system itself!

Riot have unfortunately stated they wouldn't do anything themselves as they don't want to pigeon hole certain types of play, or 'force a meta' .... ... .... probably whilst implementing Sight stone, making flash the best summoner spell, developing specific Jungler items, categorizing champions, promoting a certain type of play in champion reveal videos and being completely shocked at tournaments when people don't follow the meta that apparently doesn't exist.

+
# 11Feanor Sep 29 2013, 19:23 PM
First of all: I think many guys out there love this tool. Even if guys like you don't need it, it massivly improves the quality of picks and bans.

It does not. You don't call out what you want to play, you discuss it. The first thing I say is something like 'I can play Support ADC and jungle'. I don't need a bot saying that for me.

Game: Minecraft

+
# 12Crabby Lobster Sep 30 2013, 02:37 AM
QUOTE(Grizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz @ Sep 29 2013, 12:55 PM) *

Riot have unfortunately stated they wouldn't do anything themselves as they don't want to pigeon hole certain types of play, or 'force a meta' .... ... .... probably whilst implementing Sight stone, making flash the best summoner spell, developing specific Jungler items, categorizing champions, promoting a certain type of play in champion reveal videos and being completely shocked at tournaments when people don't follow the meta that apparently doesn't exist.

lol, agree. I don't like jungle/support specific items myself. I can kind of see where they're coming from though. They definitely acknowledge that there is a meta, but I think they just want to allow the opportunity for the creative and unconventional. Making those role-specific items is counterproductive to their goal of encouraging the unconventional though, which makes them pretty inconsistent. Matchmaking where you pick your role and it pairs you with a team would discourage this a lot more though, but I think it would definitely be worth them making anyway just because of how user-friendly it would be and how much it would decrease trolling over picks.

+
# 13kwoxer Sep 30 2013, 10:05 AM
Not sure but I think this has nothing to do with the thread itself.

+
# 14Feanor Sep 30 2013, 11:48 AM
It's slightly relevant, but it's a good discussion.

Riot stated somewhere that they accepted the meta and just want to rotate champions as opposed to 'breaking a meta'. I still think Jungle and Support need some sort of overhaul (which is coming with Season 4).

+
# 15Grizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sep 30 2013, 18:24 PM
QUOTE(kwoxer @ Sep 30 2013, 11:05 AM) *

Not sure but I think this has nothing to do with the thread itself.

It was just feedback incase you guys were thinking of making another program

+
# 16Crabby Lobster Sep 30 2013, 19:17 PM
Agree with last post.

Summed up: If you really want to make something that would be useful, you should get something that will actually match teams together where everyone gets their favorite role. Of course, you'd probably need a separate lobby or something for everyone to meet in beforehand. The program could bring five people together to meet somewhere and then they could all add each other and play some premade 5s together.

If you make this, you should add a feature where you can tell it "find me a *role*" and it'll pair you with one other guy to complete your team. That way, you could complete a team when you already have three or four guys.

The biggest problem with this is that it would be hard to start off, because it could take a while to find a team when very few people are using it. It could be a massive success if a lot of people start using it though.

+
# 18Crabby Lobster Oct 15 2013, 20:58 PM
QUOTE(Grizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz @ Oct 15 2013, 15:51 PM) *

hah that looks really good. This must have seen this topic! (not really)

+
# 19Feanor Oct 15 2013, 21:03 PM
QUOTE(Grizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz @ Oct 15 2013, 22:51 PM) *

We have our very own newspost about that dummy! tongue.gif

+
# 20kwoxer Oct 16 2013, 21:41 PM
Needs still some time to be finished I think.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)