Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

RA3 Lighthouse: Vindies

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Commissioner Sybert Nov 11 2014, 21:18 PM
Discussion for the RA3 Lighthouse: Vindies. We want to highlight players in the community to learn more about them and hear there thoughts. If you have any feedback, concerns, or suggestions for upcoming Lighthouse features, let us know.

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2Inspector RaGe Nov 12 2014, 01:20 AM
I remember UnitedVidies lol ^^ You were an awesome guy back then and still are today, so I'm glad you became a m8s member wink.gif

I'm afraid to see what could happen with a better laptop/mouse tongue.gif

This is a great idea btw biggrin.gif Well done Sybert!

Clan: m8s

+
# 3Leoed Nov 12 2014, 03:19 AM
Great idea! is really good to get to know a little bit more the person side of any player on GR! and not just some random nickname. smile.gif

+
# 4Ronovic Nov 12 2014, 04:18 AM
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o ololololloollololool thats very mint bb smile.gif

+
# 5Super Power Nov 12 2014, 10:43 AM
that's gonna be interesting
thx for this nice idea
and I think about the next one u should see some of those good players like Dankal,Emi
but if u think we can't do that cuz they left
then u should see some good players from now like GBH,walfthewolf or so

+
# 6kiro Nov 12 2014, 12:42 PM
QUOTE(Super Power @ Nov 12 2014, 11:43 AM) *

that's gonna be interesting
thx for this nice idea
and I think about the next one u should see some of those good players like Dankal,Emi
but if u think we can't do that cuz they left
then u should see some good players from now like GBH,walfthewolf or so

This is pretty similar to the expert interview when they've obtaining their badge, except that in this case it allows to put forward the actual very good and active players who are not necessarily expert but close to them.

I'm not sure we will get an interview from the players you named for two reasons, the first one is, they already had their own interview when they've been promoted expert, the second one is, they're getting very less active (some of them have not played for months) than in the past they've been in their gold age so I'm not sure if they will give an interest on it.

Or in any case, this is how I understood it. If I'm wrong I would be glad to hear a bit more about the process of selection from Sybert ? Is this something discussed into ra3 staff or based on your own feeling, like popularity, skill, acitivity or any other factors ?

What ever is the answer, I find the idea very nice and I'm already waiting for the next lighthouse who ever it will be !

Now, to get back at my mate Vindies. Unfortunely you didn't gave me a lot to learn about you more than I already do. I'm just feeling proud and honored to have been the one who gave you the best II game you've ever played, especialy since it has always been your favorite and best map and also since I've always considered you as the best II player I've ever faced ^^
That's why, paradoxically and ironically, I'm glad and luckily I lost that game just to win that place in your memory ^^

This post has been edited by kiro: Nov 12 2014, 12:52 PM

Clan: H2O

+
# 7Constable Chris Nov 12 2014, 13:09 PM
Awesome idea ^^

I always loved huge vindies ever since we met biggrin.gif

He truly is awesome smile.gif

Nice to get to know the members more !

+
# 8Commissioner Sybert Nov 12 2014, 16:17 PM
QUOTE(Super Power @ Nov 12 2014, 02:43 AM) *

QUOTE(kiro @ Nov 12 2014, 04:42 AM) *
I'm not sure we will get an interview from the players you named for two reasons, the first one is, they already had their own interview when they've been promoted expert, the second one is, they're getting very less active (some of them have not played for months) than in the past they've been in their gold age so I'm not sure if they will give an interest on it.

Yeah, that's pretty close. There isn't a set check list that we score a player against to determine eligibility for an interview. That being said we're not going to highlight a player who's inactive or excessively toxic.

+
# 9{DO}-LiquidOCELOT Nov 12 2014, 17:55 PM
First of all great initiative by Commissioner Sybert to commence this "player spotlight" with a very catchy name "light house" that name really just hits your buzzers subliminally, subversively and leaves a great impact.

Congrats to vindies, the interview was quite good i think sybert asked very relevant questions am agreeing though with kiro that Vindies didnt open up that much about things we donot know about him also he didnt mention any players which he thought were really good in terms of 1v1 he did mention for 3v3 jeje kiro and kimi which are all valuable comodities, but i think this would be the first interview in these spotlights including expert interviews that a player wont name his greatest challengers but may be vindies just wanted to mention all of them on a Macro scale like he said when asked to about his greatest challengers and he replied most allies pros so i could say may be c9q9md, yui yui, walfthe wolf, yeah these three comes to mind who recently according to the latest Excel sheet produced by Sybert have won majority of tournaments.

Still great initiative and a prompt congratz and a pompous day for red alert 3 section we surely needed a positive vibe and take a que from Kaneswrath which has more activities like these!

This post has been edited by {DO}-LiquidOCELOT: Nov 12 2014, 18:08 PM

Clan: DiVerSiTy

+
# 10iNdK Nov 12 2014, 18:04 PM
Awesome stuff. After watching the twitch stream of the matches against Emi'....
QUOTE(Inspector RaGe @ Nov 12 2014, 01:20 AM) *
I'm afraid to see what could happen with a better laptop/mouse tongue.gif

This^ thumb.gif

Game: None

+
# 11WalfTheWolf Nov 12 2014, 20:48 PM
You could always change the questions if you'd do an interview with me or another one who has already made an interview tongue.gif

+
# 12zokker13 Nov 15 2014, 12:21 PM
Vindies op.

Too bad we didn't have the chance to beat each other so often. sad.gif

+
# 13Vindies Nov 20 2014, 15:13 PM
Thanks for the nice words to most of you guys who posted here - really appreciated!

Also great to see you giving the new Lighthouse initiative a warm welcome^^

QUOTE(zokker13 @ Nov 15 2014, 13:21 PM) *

Too bad we didn't have the chance to beat each other so often. sad.gif

Indeed! But you still have the opportunity to come back cool2.gif innocent.gif

+
# 14zokker13 Nov 20 2014, 18:25 PM
QUOTE(Vindies @ Nov 20 2014, 16:13 PM) *

Indeed! But you still have the opportunity to come back cool2.gif innocent.gif

Surely, but I can not install path 1.12. ohmy.gif

+
# 15'Snark' Nov 21 2014, 07:56 AM
very informative interview. wink.gif

+
# 16LTLaimis Nov 21 2014, 08:57 AM
QUOTE(zokker13 @ Nov 20 2014, 20:25 PM) *

Surely, but I can not install path 1.12. ohmy.gif

Why?

+
# 17zokker13 Nov 21 2014, 14:03 PM
QUOTE(LTLaimis @ Nov 21 2014, 09:57 AM) *

Why?

Patch keeps telling that it can not find the path to RA3 exe.
While the path which is shown actually contains an RA3 exe.

+
# 18Vernierleader Apr 18 2015, 17:05 PM
Awesome to get to know the players smile.gif

+
# 19kiro Apr 19 2015, 12:44 PM
Vindies Expert 2015 : )

Hope he will make it !

+
# 204del Apr 19 2015, 14:36 PM
If the community wants vindies to get an expert badge i can start a poll in the expert forum. Unfortunately the expert forum is quite dead ^^. I started a poll about the Ftw#30 but there was no response except from Eminence and Sybert ; D. But i could tell Julzz, Walf and yui via skype to take a look at it.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)