Explore GameReplays...

Red Alert 3

Red Alert 3 Speedruns

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1CrazyCharlieH Apr 19 2015, 16:46 PM
Hello all.

You don't know me, so allow me to introduce myself. I'm CrazyCharlie, and like you, i've been playing this game for a long time. I've never really been able to keep up with the multiplayer, I lost most of the games I ever played, though I did pretty well with Unlimited Power/Money games, which I almost always won.

However, I recently started watching poeple speedrun GTA: Vice City. After reading some discussion about how you should only pick a game to speedrun that you really like, I decided that I'd give this one a shot.

So, after looking up the Speedrun.com listing for the game, I found that noone had ever attempted it before, and I posted a time of 2h 40m 10s for the Allied Campaign. Shocking it was. However, all of a sudden, another guy by the name of Cipher3333 posted a time also. There has been a little back and forth, at time of writing, Cipher has the lead by a couple of minutes, however, I know I can beat that.

So currently, there are two of us, but we'd like to make it more. Our runs could be optimsed so much further with more brains on the task.

If you fancy it, here is a link to the RA3 section of Speedrun.com where you can view the latest times. There are also links to the videos submitted to verify our runs.

This is a link to my channel at Twitch, hit me up in the chat or via PM if you have any questions.

This is a link to Cipher3333's channel, where he will also be more that happy to answer questions if i'm not around.

Hope to see you around!

Game: Red Alert 3

+
# 2GBHmichael Apr 19 2015, 17:25 PM
Hi, CrazyCharlie. I know it may be hard to find in this forum but there actually is a speedrun section. Since I set it up I thought it would be best to do it on a mission by mission basis.

You can find all of the WRs here http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...t&p=9643898 (If you or Cipher3333 has better times feel free to post them with evidence ofc and I will update the list).

You can find the videos for these here: https://www.youtube.com/user/GBHmichael123 (NOTE: Some videos got lost...so if you want proof I will happily try and get it (or beat it) again but it may take a while. Sorry for the bad quality on a lot of these videos, the ones that stutter were done on my stream when it couldn't properly handle the game. The rest were recorded properly with Fraps.

And of course, all of the records that I have posted have been done on Hard.

+
# 3CrazyCharlieH Apr 19 2015, 18:05 PM
Huh. Well damn. All those runs blow everything Cipher and I have done right out of the water.

One question, is there any particular reason that all missions are played on hard?

+
# 4GBHmichael Apr 19 2015, 18:13 PM
Because I wanted it to be a challenge that the pros could compete between. Completing the missions on easy would not even be a slight challenge and it just would not be fun. On hard, it takes a lot more skill to complete and actually pull off these intricate strategies. Easy would not involve any complex micro that would be needed on hard.

But I have the videos for these so feel free to use my strategies, but it will really be best if you try and complete the missions on hard.

+
# 5CrazyCharlieH Apr 19 2015, 18:35 PM
Well, I don't have a hope in hell of competing with those times, yet. What I think I might do is suggest that the speedrun.com rules are updated to require hard.

Would you be willing to record a full campaign run to submit?

I suppose what im asking is, is there anyway to merge the best if both worlds. SR.COM is a much easier to manage centralised space, but isnt really geared for IL times like you've been doing up until now.

+
# 6GBHmichael Apr 19 2015, 18:44 PM
What do you mean by IL times?

Full runs are something that I have been contemplating for some time but some of the strategies I have are very difficult to pull off so might need some safety nets. I would be happy to combine our full campaign times if they are done on hard.

As for individual missions (which I will still do most of the time), an individual category would have to be set up for each mission on speedrun.com. Either that, or we should continue to post all speedrun records in the link I posted above. And of course, hard will be essential.

+
# 7CrazyCharlieH Apr 19 2015, 19:00 PM
Sorry. IL - Individual Level.

How many people were actively posting times?

Ill speak to the guys at SR.COM and direct them to this thread and see what they think.

+
# 8GBHmichael Apr 19 2015, 19:19 PM
There have been 4 people that I know of who have attempted speedruns; Me, c9q9md and BOOM and someone called MiningKid who has some times posted on youtube. c9q9md has only attempted 1 mission and actually had the WR for about 20 minutes on Soviets mission 9 before he forced me to beat it (even made a new strategy), and BOOM has only attempted Soviets mission 2 but he couldn't beat my times. MiningKid I haven't seen on GR or anything but is aware of my times. He also ran it on an IL basis on hard.

I think the main reason that I haven't been particularly active in speedrunning RA3 is because of the lack of competition but if you all from speedrun.com post regularly and are always trying to improve then I will be more active myself.

+
# 9CrazyCharlieH Apr 19 2015, 19:34 PM
Ok, cool.

Cipher and i had no idea that you guys were even here, let alone how advanced you are, and im not going to come here and start trying to tell you whats what. So ill direct them this way, and we can thrash out some agreements.

This might be the shot in the arm that the speedrunning community needs.

+
# 10RRcabal Apr 19 2015, 22:01 PM
GBH, the master at speed runs. wink.gif

Game: None

+
# 11Plokite_Wolf Apr 19 2015, 22:08 PM
Kane's Wrath needs to be added to the game list :3

Also, for RA2 and YR, check out JosephS1k and RainXc from the CNCMinecraft team.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 12CornfordCaster Apr 20 2015, 04:15 AM
Hello everyone I also come from speedrun.com and created the leaderboards that website I'd just like to let you know I created a detailed response to some of the discussion made about speedrunning on the speedrun website which you can find here: http://www.speedrun.com/red_alert_3/thread/vyehl

It's always great to find more people who speedrun C&C games!

+
# 13B00M Apr 20 2015, 09:06 AM
GBH is the king of speedruns^^

Game: Blizzard

+
# 14Constable Chris Apr 20 2015, 12:17 PM
QUOTE(B00M @ Apr 20 2015, 09:06 AM) *

GBH is the king of speedruns^^

+1

Clan: H2O

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)