Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Regarding Arnor

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1LOTRKingluis Aug 14 2016, 17:27 PM
Did we all forget about Arnor? biggrin.gif

I'm converting arnor 5.0.1 to 6.0.0.

It's gonna take a while but its worth it!

This post has been edited by LOTRKingluis: Aug 14 2016, 18:55 PM

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2brabox Aug 15 2016, 13:55 PM
I'm curious, what units does Arnor have that are different from Men of the West? Most of them are just reskins for the campaign, right?

If your project ever reaches a mature stage, the faction could be included as a non-multiplayer one, allowing it to work only on specified maps without affecting the normal ones. Then, the community could, potentially, decide it's worth including as real faction. However, I'm not very hopeful, because an added faction is not something most competitive players would find an addition to 2.02 since it does not improve balance.

That said, I wish you luck and perhaps you could post some screen shots or something.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 3LOTRKingluis Aug 15 2016, 14:36 PM
hey brabox

indeed it may not be what 2.02 consider a "balancing" thing, but yes a mod.

However, with the addition of arnor some players will return to play it!!

Arnor consists of 3 stages (Imo)

first stage:

>Building farms (gonna be called house) that reduce the cost of Peasants.

>On barracks you can buy peasants for 140 down to 100 with 5-6 houses. They act pretty much like Isengard's Wildmen gameplay, but they will be able to repair friendly buildings instead of gaining resources on attacking buildings.

>Additionally, there is a secondary farm, which is a 400 cost stoneworker which gives income, has a bit more health and reduces the cost of all buildings (Except fortress) by 5% (it stacks). But this building also has drawbacks, it gives no command points and takes more time to build.

in stoneworker you can also purchase a 500 cost upgrade with gives 50% gold back when a building is destroyed (to be balanced in future).

stage 2:

>Train arnor soldiers and towerguards. Arnor soldiers are a bit tankier than gondor soldiers but are more expensive (350). Arnor Towerguards are a faster but lighter version of gondor towerguards which can be built at level 1 barracks.

>Build archery range and/or stables and/or elven barracks...

> in archery range you can train arnor archers whom are a slighty stronger version of gondor archers.

> on stables you have arnor knights. They are stronger than gondor knights but weaker than rohirrim.

> On elven barracks you can train hobbits, who take a long time to be trained but are very cheap.

stage 3:

> Time to build elite units

> on elven barracks you have elven allies? (idk the name to give yet), which are basically bfme 1 elven warrior who can toggle weapon (bow or sword). These units are pretty strong overall, but are best with upgrades.

> on arnor archery range you can train arnor rangers. I may be wrong (need to check again) but I believe these are slightly more expensive than gondor rangers because they have slighly more range and damage.

you understood the type of gameplay? biggrin.gif early game spam, late game elite.

I'll post here the file like I did sometime ago in the old arnor thread so that people can test

+
# 4May-ShadowFax Aug 15 2016, 21:43 PM
QUOTE(LOTRKingluis @ Aug 15 2016, 14:36 PM) *

hey brabox

first stage:

>On barracks you can buy peasants for 140 down to 100 with 5-6 houses. They act pretty much like Isengard's Wildmen gameplay, but they will be able to repair friendly buildings instead of gaining resources on attacking buildings.
>Additionally, there is a secondary farm, which is a 400 cost stoneworker which gives income, has a bit more health and reduces the cost of all buildings (Except fortress) by 5% (it stacks). But this building also has drawbacks, it gives no command points and takes more time to build.

in stoneworker you can also purchase a 500 cost upgrade with gives 50% gold back when a building is destroyed (to be balanced in future).

stage 2:

>Train arnor soldiers and towerguards. Arnor soldiers are a bit tankier than gondor soldiers but are more expensive (350). Arnor Towerguards are a faster but lighter version of gondor towerguards which can be built at level 1 barracks.

> in archery range you can train arnor archers whom are a slighty stronger version of gondor archers.

> on stables you have arnor knights. They are stronger than gondor knights but weaker than rohirrim.

> On elven barracks you can train hobbits, who take a long time to be trained but are very cheap.

stage 3:

> on elven barracks you have elven allies? (idk the name to give yet), which are basically bfme 1 elven warrior who can toggle weapon (bow or sword). These units are pretty strong overall, but are best with upgrades.

> on arnor archery range you can train arnor rangers. I may be wrong (need to check again) but I believe these are slightly more expensive than gondor rangers because they have slighly more range and damage.

you understood the type of gameplay? biggrin.gif early game spam, late game elite.
I'll post here the file like I did sometime ago in the old arnor thread so that people can test

Thank you so much for ur efforts my friend we really appreciate it, you are going to be the reason for bringing back all who left, if I just can make u a status smile.gif by the way what about arnor status ?

+
# 5brabox Aug 15 2016, 23:45 PM
QUOTE(LOTRKingluis @ Aug 15 2016, 15:36 PM) *

hey brabox

first stage:

stage 2:

stage 3:

Well you sure did give it some thought. I like many of these ideas!
One thing concerns me, though. Do arnor rangers, tower guards and knights have another skin? Because if they're identical in looks compared to regular Motw units, that would be a problem in my opinion.

+
# 6Muadd Aug 16 2016, 06:28 AM
You and your plan made me gigle : D
I can tell you this. Arnor will never have an place in 2.02. Go talk to 1.08 people or other modders like edain and thoa. They might be interested bout it

Clan: GoF|

+
# 7LOTRKingluis Aug 16 2016, 09:30 AM
but would the 2.02 give me permission to make a unofficial arnor mod for the unofficial 2.02 patch? xD

+
# 8Muadd Aug 16 2016, 10:00 AM
Dont think you need anyones permission but andys. Since im aware he started the project and so on

Clan: GoF|

+
# 9brabox Aug 16 2016, 10:28 AM
QUOTE(LOTRKingluis @ Aug 16 2016, 10:30 AM) *

but would the 2.02 give me permission to make a unofficial arnor mod for the unofficial 2.02 patch? xD

I'm no legal expert, but if you just provide a separate patch without providing 2.02 in it, there's definitely no problem.

To be honest, I don't even know what license the ini codes that we edit for 2.02 are under, and whether it matters at all. EA released their FinalBIG program, so I don't think they mind that we edit the .big files.
If the code is still under some EA license, the 'original' 2.02 'author' is most likely not allowed to change it, and therefore, can not restrict you from distributing the entire 2.02 code along with your patch (as 1 download).

As I suggested, though, if the filesize isn't too big, I see no reason why your arnor couldn't be added into 2.02 directly as 'campaign' faction (not available in multiplayer). That way, you could only use the faction on special maps (e.g. a modified Foi2 where 1 player is arnor).

+
# 10LOTRKingluis Aug 16 2016, 10:47 AM
brabox I honestly don't see the problem in playing arnor in multiplayer. This patch could be turned on or off depending of the players wish to play with or against or without arnor

+
# 11Andy San Aug 16 2016, 12:07 PM
QUOTE(DogMatti @ Aug 16 2016, 10:00 AM) *

Dont think you need anyones permission but andys. Since im aware he started the project and so on

I started nothing, this is not my project. Had this idea few years ago but I was too lazy to start it.

This post has been edited by Andy-San: Aug 16 2016, 12:16 PM

+
# 12LOTRKingluis Aug 16 2016, 18:16 PM
I converted as much as I have skill for... try it, but its quite buggy and incomplete

Has anybody got the skills to add the Numenorean/Arnor Soldier with Forged Blades and the Numenorean/Arnor Archer with Flaming Arrows to this mod from this link? https://www.the3rdage.net/item-394?addview

and the arnor knights from here? https://www.the3rdage.net/item-306?addview

that would be great!

Attached File(s)
Attached File ________202_v6.0.1.big
Size: 4.54mb
Number of downloads: 31

+
# 13T3ARiderofRohan Aug 16 2016, 19:37 PM
QUOTE(LOTRKingluis @ Aug 16 2016, 12:16 PM) *

I converted as much as I have skill for... try it, but its quite buggy and incomplete

Has anybody got the skills to add the Numenorean/Arnor Soldier with Forged Blades and the Numenorean/Arnor Archer with Flaming Arrows to this mod from this link? https://www.the3rdage.net/item-394?addview

and the arnor knights from here? https://www.the3rdage.net/item-306?addview

that would be great!

It's really not to hard to add new model to the game, T3A Itself should have tutorials on doing basic stuff like that. My mod is also based off of 2.02 but it's a folder mod rather than a direct overwrite.

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 14LOTRKingluis Aug 17 2016, 21:47 PM
I tried and tried and tried but I just can't add models to the game -.- I'm such a noob.

Oh well, I have made a lot of progress!

I have also added a new mini-hero horde for arnor. It is 3 aragorn models with athelas and blademaster ability.

The name of the mini hero horde is: "Blademasters of Amon Sul"

smile.gif

you can try them, but their abilities and XP isn't working yet.

I also attached another file which I've been working on fixing the text labels and such things for arnor (for example, I changed Dunedain Soldiers to Arnor Soldiers, simple things...)

Attached File(s)
Size: 5.54mb
Number of downloads: 31
Attached File englishstrings202_v6.0.1.big
Size: 1.24mb
Number of downloads: 62

+
# 15LOTRKingluis Aug 18 2016, 14:04 PM
next version:

dani if you are reading this I need your help to add the models of above posts

Attached File(s)
Size: 5.75mb
Number of downloads: 39

+
# 16LOTRKingluis Aug 18 2016, 14:58 PM
New arnor version

This post has been edited by LOTRKingluis: Aug 21 2016, 15:47 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File englishstrings202_v6.0.1.big
Size: 1.24mb
Number of downloads: 44
Size: 5.75mb
Number of downloads: 40

+
# 17Pallando Aug 27 2016, 22:16 PM
I'm trying not to be rude, but if you really want to convince people to test and play your mod, you should learn basic stuff like adding models and textures to the game before you release anything. Then either learn making new models and textures or find an artist who is interested in your project. To me your mod sounds pretty boring, and a horde of 3 Aragorns doesn't make sense to me either.

Adding an entirely new faction to the game requires skill. It includes making an entirely new spellbook, new and unique hero abilities as well as making the AI for that faction work.

Clan: Sons of Elendil

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 18TheRingisHot Aug 28 2016, 09:37 AM
I'll try to have a look next we, but can't promise anything, because I am currently unavailable due to 100% of my time pouring into my job

+
# 19LOTRKingluis Aug 28 2016, 15:34 PM
QUOTE(Pallando @ Aug 27 2016, 22:16 PM) *

I'm trying not to be rude, but if you really want to convince people to test and play your mod, you should learn basic stuff like adding models and textures to the game before you release anything. Then either learn making new models and textures or find an artist who is interested in your project. To me your mod sounds pretty boring, and a horde of 3 Aragorns doesn't make sense to me either.

Adding an entirely new faction to the game requires skill. It includes making an entirely new spellbook, new and unique hero abilities as well as making the AI for that faction work.

I understand I should learn and I am trying. All I need is a little help, no need to be harsh.

I have done A LOT of work, and to be fair, your post makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE in the end. EA already made 50% of Arnor faction, I am just FINISHING the work for them.

patch 2.02 is overally a balancing patch. These models I am asking to be added are nothing more but the original arnor units EA made BUT with added sword upgrades (which EA DID NOT ADD).

You should have tried the mod before assuming the mod only is 5% complete when in fact it is closer to 100%

thank you

(And if you think a faction is boring when its early game gameplay is mordor and mid-late game Men, you clearly haven't tried it yet)

TheRingIsHot, thank you very much, take your time

+
# 20Andy San Aug 28 2016, 18:04 PM
I rate your mod 10/10 since you were nice towards the members of this site and a bfme player, then I see this post. That was rude as f*** and I've to tell you something. Tell me about your mod. All you did there was coding, the rest (even coding) was made from revora members that helped you achieve what you have. All he did was alone so don't try to be smart.

This post has been edited by Andy-San: Aug 28 2016, 18:10 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)