Explore GameReplays...

Command and Conquer 3

Revora has been really poor recently

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Goofing Sep 26 2014, 21:50 PM
I tried playing some games with shock tonight and problems with connecting seem to be getting worse.

I probably should make this in the Revora forum but anyway...the Revora server has been really poor recently.

Several times i need to click log-in before it eventually it might let me on. Then after i get online often it won't display games or the "create game" button is faded.

Are there any other more reliable servers ?

Due to the lack of players i don't really play with anyone else other than shock anymore so i am not bothered about switching to another server if its available even if it has 0 players 24/7.

I use steam so i'd need a server that supports that too.

Thanks

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2ToxicShock Sep 26 2014, 22:29 PM
Thank you for that. Gamereplays is supporting the C&C:Online service but if you can find a service that better emulates the old GameSpy service then good luck to you. Some of us have spent literally hundreds of hours of our time developing and maintaining the new service over the last few months, so if you can find a service that suits you better, then good luck and have fun and, of course, thank you for your support.

Clan: Mates First

+
# 3shocktapus Sep 27 2014, 07:57 AM
When it works, revora is great. Problem is that recently (especially yesterday) it has been completely unplayable. Is anything been done at the moment to improve the amount of downtime?

+
# 4ToxicShock Sep 27 2014, 11:14 AM
QUOTE(Sh0ckTr34tment @ Sep 27 2014, 07:57 AM) *

When it works, revora is great. Problem is that recently (especially yesterday) it has been completely unplayable. Is anything been done at the moment to improve the amount of downtime?

Yes. Resources are not being released after a player logs in and off. Eventually, that results in all of the available connection and file "handles" being locked, so nobody else can log in. That is why we restart the server; to release the dead handles. We are presently unable to understand why those resources are not being released when they ought to be. Once we figure that out, we won't need to restart.

+
# 5Disco2Disco Sep 27 2014, 11:51 AM
http://oroboro.com/file-handle-leaks-server/

any good?

+
# 6ToxicShock Sep 27 2014, 12:53 PM
QUOTE(Disco2Disco @ Sep 27 2014, 11:51 AM) *

That's interesting back ground reading on the general problem; thank you. Unfortunately, the problem here (as I understand it) may be a little more exotic.

+
# 7onch-onch Oct 6 2014, 01:28 AM
Toxic, you told me one day that you were lawyer right ? so, how can u be so goo0ood in informatic/computer/servers etc... loul???
I don't get it oO

Game: AirMech

+
# 8Luvaskot Oct 6 2014, 08:49 AM
Toxic, If you have problems about server, maybe you can ask them to C&C programmer Bibber, he is a great programmer. His profile link on United Forum, he is still active on there.

http://www.united-forum.de/member.php?u=14873

Also maybe v0ddy can help for that too. He was studying computer science. I saw him on petroglyph forums.

+
# 9Plokite_Wolf Oct 6 2014, 09:26 AM
Bibber comes to GR from time to time. He also made the TUC launcher fix.

Wait, v0ddy is on Petroglyph forums without stopping by here? How rude. mad.gif

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 10ToxicShock Oct 6 2014, 09:58 AM
QUOTE(onch-onch @ Oct 6 2014, 01:28 AM) *

Toxic, you told me one day that you were lawyer right ? so, how can u be so goo0ood in informatic/computer/servers etc... loul???
I don't get it oO

Trust me, I'm a lawyer! Phil, who wrote the core server code is also a lawyer. Lawyers are everywhere.

+
# 11Luvaskot Oct 6 2014, 10:41 AM
QUOTE(Plokite_Wolf @ Oct 6 2014, 11:26 AM) *

Bibber comes to GR from time to time. He also made the TUC launcher fix.

Wait, v0ddy is on Petroglyph forums without stopping by here? How rude. mad.gif

V0ddy comes there sometimes also smile.gif

Actually I looked his profile and he was online there too:

Last Active on GR.org: 23rd September 2013 - 17:22 PM
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...?showuser=84340

Last Active on Petroglyph: May 12 2013 04:43 PM
http://www.petroglyphgames.com/forums/inde.../7442-vodtoast/

I did mean, if you cannot find him there you can also look at the Petroglyph. Btw I think Petroglyph is also better choice for him because he switched to the Universe at War and he is now no longer playing TW or KW anymore.

+
# 12Plokite_Wolf Oct 6 2014, 11:26 AM
From what I understood, nobody plays UaW seriously anymore, and it's been like that for years tongue.gif

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 13Luvaskot Oct 6 2014, 14:39 PM
Whatever. I just tried to help you by giving these programmers, that I know, who is capable of fixing the problem.

This post has been edited by Luvaskot: Oct 6 2014, 20:46 PM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)