Explore GameReplays...

Battle for Middle Earth

Secrets to becomming a "PRO" 1v1/2v2/3v3/4v4 FFA

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1SquatsnOats May 28 2015, 21:22 PM
I feel some really good players hold back or doesnt bother to tell others very basic info about how to win games more effective. This way people doesn't really know what to look for to improve.

Its also a though job to find good information on this forum in short words.

This may seem very obvious to some, but for the majority, this will be your golden points, I promise you.

1. Choose the right fights - The one with the most Leadership wil usally win, so do not go full retard attack on isen combo with eye/chant/wk/drum/saru/lurt. You will loose 99%. Instead move around and work with land if you can, and try to get the enemy out of positon for a good poke.
Sometimes you still have to fight, then positioning is very important.

2. Be aware of Leadership zone - Do not let your units out of this zone, they will be targeted and killed as free power points. All heros/monsters/statue have same zone. WK have huge zone.
Also assign leadership(theo,wk,drum,saru) to shortkeys. Example: press drummer and ctrl + 1, then drummer will be on number 1. Do the same with wk on ctrl + 2. This way you can easily avoid beeing pinned by Lurts, or loose control of them.

3. Use your abilities/power points effective - Dont use GC 10 miles from enemy army. Use right in range so Theo doesnt die. This way u benefit so much GC time and can fight way longer. Same goes with Chant/eye etc. Time the useage correctly.
Be aware of enemy power points timer, when they use them and when they save them. If enemy isen use chant, it can be good to back off, and fight when chant is on cooldown. This example goes for all abilities. If enemy havend used rain for some time, he probably has it..

4. Pressure objectives all game -Take out enemy mills and creeps, look for out of position units you can kill etc.

5. Be very active all game - The worst thing you can do, is not doing anything. Always have you units doing something useful. Unless ur camping...

6. Watch replays - of what you want to get better at, and build the same as good players. Be aware of what they build vs different armys, and 1v1/2v2 is often very much alike.. And remember pathing for units can be crucial to success or not.

7. USE LAND CORRECTLY - so enemy units can't just walk of land without taking damage.

8. Positioning is very important - Have your army grouped up with leadership when moving around the map, so you dont loose half your army and have to back.

9. Remember the BFME lags - Do not try the impossible base rush/landblast, as they will fail 9/10 times.

10. USE SHORTKEYS FOR WHAT THEY ARE WORTH - Q = whole army. A= attack move(very good for archers, when big fight happens, so you dont run into enemy army). G= guard. X= Spread army(for catas and gandalf). M for pike formation.

Maybe im not the right person to post this, but noone else will so here you go. I am tired of waiting for people who know this basics in rooms..Now lets all have fun togehter instead of noob/med/good rooms!! smile.gif

This also is not meant to implicate with the mentor/mentee program.

Feel free to add more please, and criticism

This post has been edited by SquatsnOats: May 28 2015, 21:28 PM

Game: Battle for Middle Earth

+
# 2Umi^T May 28 2015, 21:48 PM
This is a great in trying to make noobs/meds better, and really thank you for putting your time into this. However, I don't think the title is suitable. This is a good basic guide on some tips that can help noobs and meds get better and maybe even become good, but not "secret" to becoming Pro.

The jump from a good player to Pro is more than noob to med, or med to good. A lot of it is knowing strategies , having great micro, and all the things you wrote about.

+
# 3Xehanort May 28 2015, 21:51 PM
These aren't secrets, it's common sense and something good players realise themselves over time (I don't disagree with anything you've said, it's how all good players play). However a large majority of players who play this game, for some reason, are unable to learn and get better. Having said that, people play this game for fun so it's had to knock them.

Players would have benefitted from this post 2008/2009, as the saying goes "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". But maybe I'm wrong, hopefully someone will benefit from this and realise they've been playing like a retard for the last 10 years.

+
# 4SquatsnOats May 28 2015, 22:53 PM
Hehe need the reads.. Wanted to change title too, but too late I guess.

But wether its common sence or secrets, its about 20% of players who acutally dooes this, maybe even less.

It's probably too late for this yes, but if I can change how 5 or 10 persons, play I am very happy for my new allys biggrin.gif

+
# 5Amateur`Hour May 28 2015, 23:16 PM
You sold me oat

Game: League of Legends

+
# 6y0shi May 28 2015, 23:45 PM
Nice post biggrin.gif, It's true that most ppl don't seem to know this.
The majority of players seem like they just unboxed the game still tongue.gif.

Clan: LeGenD`

+
# 7forshire May 29 2015, 00:36 AM
yakuza needs to read this ffs.. Also jasmine too.

+
# 8Segway May 29 2015, 10:17 AM
SO THAT'S WHERE I'VE BEEN GOING WRONG

Clan: Prisoners Of War

+
# 9LiGhT` May 30 2015, 17:32 PM
Oh now I understand BFME 😐

+
# 10CENTAUER May 30 2015, 17:48 PM
Camon guys , he just wanted to help you out tongue.gif

This post has been edited by CENTAUER: May 30 2015, 19:45 PM

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 11Am0nR2 May 30 2015, 21:55 PM
QUOTE(LiGhT` @ May 30 2015, 17:32 PM) *

Oh now I understand BFME ��

lol, nice topic Oats.

+
# 12Wayward Son May 31 2015, 02:19 AM
A wild shane-way appeared!

+
# 13SquatsnOats May 31 2015, 10:56 AM
Stop dissing my post, guys. Alot of people thanked me, and the BFME community is already advancing to a new age!

+
# 14Am0nR2 May 31 2015, 18:12 PM
Yeh thats true players today are better then old ones, but BFME comunity is not crowded as old days. And i think this topic is helpful for beginners thx for your effort you just trying to help peoples and this is nice ! thum.gif

+
# 15CENTAUER May 31 2015, 18:27 PM
QUOTE(Am0nR2' @ May 31 2015, 19:12 PM) *

Yeh thats true players today are better then old ones,

ohmy.gif

Clan: Sons of Elendil

+
# 16Am0nR2 May 31 2015, 18:40 PM
Centa i mean pros are this days are better then old ones. Becouse they playing with 11nd year strategys ofc they will better then old pros. Especialy on 2004-2006 pros are lower becouse they just trying new strategys etc etc i thin 2007-2011 is best years for BFME much players, nice strategys, nice players (Maybe bests Buttafly, A0A, Jnrd, Apmn etc etc). But today i think Stiwie's or Xehanort's skill is same with Buttafly or others, maybe better.

+
# 17y0shi May 31 2015, 19:06 PM
Please not this discussion again, there were like 200 posts last time and it never ends.
Xeha was never considered best back then, but he is now, and according to himself he is just as good now as he was then, so saying pros back then were worse then todays pro(s) (who other than stiwie/xeha) is inaccurate.

+
# 18Am0nR2 May 31 2015, 19:13 PM
Wich is better yoshi 11nd year strategys or 3-4nd year strategys ? Watch fearys video "Hall of Fame Review" that game played on 2007 with pros of that year. And then watch Chyna's legend 2x2 video at 2012, see differance.

+
# 19Umi^T May 31 2015, 19:16 PM
As funny as this discussion is, and both sides have good points, as Yoshi says, please don't start this up again. This is a never ending discussion. It's just like arguing like Muhammad Ali vs boxers of now, the sport/game has changed and you can never truly tell who is better, but you can respect both players (BFME players)/ Atheletes in their own right.

+
# 20y0shi May 31 2015, 19:43 PM
You dont see the point, so Im not even gonna answer your post.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)