Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

September Ladder "Half Season"

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ToxicShock Oct 1 2014, 11:01 AM
The ladder season for the period 14 September to 1 October has now closed.

The ladders have been reset now and the race is on for the October season.

Here are the final September ladders:

Generals

IPB Image

Zero Hour

IPB Image

We will hold a competition in each game, which is open to four top players with priority by their rank, to determine the ladder champions for the month. The format is likely to be a single elimination Best of Three, starting off with #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3.

Please could the top players from each game let me know if you want to play.

Congratulation and thank you to everyone that played on the ladders this month and endured the few teething difficulties we had. Those, hopefully, have all been eliminated now.

This post has been edited by ToxicShock: Oct 1 2014, 11:07 AM

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2MrX Oct 1 2014, 11:14 AM
In CCG Domberman on #1 and #4 has to play against himself then. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
For ZH that would mean Dominator vs Herb and MrX vs Rohan. What about maps and armys?

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3ToxicShock Oct 1 2014, 11:22 AM
QUOTE(MrX @ Oct 1 2014, 11:14 AM) *

In CCG Domberman on #1 and #4 has to play against himself then. biggrin.gif tongue.gif
For ZH that would mean Dominator vs Herb and MrX vs Rohan. What about maps and armys?

Yeah, that happened all the time in TW onwards. The procedure is just to eliminate the lower ranked duplicate and move everyone up to fill the gap. So, if they all wanted to play it would be BarneyRoss (-theDom) vs HumPer and Hawky vs DruPhilip.

Maps ought to be selected from the ladder map pool, with the highest ranked player having the first choice in the first game of the round and then the loser of the previous game choosing the next map. Armies, dunno. You guys tell me.

+
# 4Boshy Oct 1 2014, 11:31 AM
Better to take 8-16 top players and make double elimination. If somebody doesn't want to play take next one after him.

Game: None

+
# 5MrX Oct 1 2014, 12:26 PM
QUOTE(ToxicShock @ Oct 1 2014, 12:22 PM) *

Yeah, that happened all the time in TW onwards. The procedure is just to eliminate the lower ranked duplicate and move everyone up to fill the gap. So, if they all wanted to play it would be BarneyRoss (-theDom) vs HumPer and Hawky vs DruPhilip.

Maps ought to be selected from the ladder map pool, with the highest ranked player having the first choice in the first game of the round and then the loser of the previous game choosing the next map. Armies, dunno. You guys tell me.

If HumPer is a Gamereplays-member it might be possible.

Map selection is fine then. Armies will most likely be random them as long as both player do not agree on a matchup (usual rule).

What boshy just suggested you can simply ignore.

+
# 6ToxicShock Oct 1 2014, 12:37 PM
QUOTE(Boshy @ Oct 1 2014, 11:31 AM) *

Better to take 8-16 top players and make double elimination. If somebody doesn't want to play take next one after him.

That's making the players work too hard for a monthly competition. They've already worked hard to get to the top of the ladder.

QUOTE(MrX @ Oct 1 2014, 12:26 PM) *

If HumPer is a Gamereplays-member it might be possible.

Map selection is fine then. Armies will most likely be random them as long as both player do not agree on a matchup (usual rule).

What boshy just suggested you can simply ignore.

HumPer can join Gamereplays, if he isn't already a member. I've posted this on Revora too. We'll probably PM the effective top 4 to make sure they know about it, if we don't hear from them.

+
# 7RoHaN^ Oct 1 2014, 12:56 PM
Yes I can play why not... Btw there should be maximum points a player can loose, e.g. when I lost vs lower ranked player I lost like 60 points for which I have to play vs 10 players LOL... Thats justmy suggestion

+
# 8RaGe^ Oct 1 2014, 13:14 PM
interesting how player 1 and 4 have 0 losses, and player 2 has 1 loss.

They never play each other? Straight up noobbashing.

This is why quickmatch is necessary.

+
# 9WwW.GooGle.Com` Oct 1 2014, 13:16 PM
QUOTE(RaGe^ @ Oct 1 2014, 13:14 PM) *

lmao I had the same thought!

Clan: WwW.

+
# 10ToxicShock Oct 1 2014, 13:20 PM
QUOTE(RoHaN^ @ Oct 1 2014, 12:56 PM) *

Yes I can play why not... Btw there should be maximum points a player can loose, e.g. when I lost vs lower ranked player I lost like 60 points for which I have to play vs 10 players LOL... Thats justmy suggestion

60 points is the maximum points you can lose (or win). If you lose vs a player with the same number of points as you, you should lose only 33 points. What we could do for the future is make the maximum points you can gain more than the maximum points you can lose. That might encourage players to risk their points more by playing harder games.

QUOTE(RaGe^ @ Oct 1 2014, 13:14 PM) *

It's not worth noob bashing once the points have built up because, as discussed you will get fewer and fewer points for a win (the minimum is 5) and more for a loss (the maximum is 60).

I am not sure that there are enough players to make quick match work just yet, but getting that working is certainly on the to-do list.

+
# 11^RiNgO Oct 1 2014, 13:21 PM
I definitely played (and won)some 1v1s on official maps vs gentool players in the closing few days of the season, and stayed to the victory screen, yet I haven't registered anything on the ladder ????

+
# 12RoHaN^ Oct 1 2014, 13:28 PM
The most competitive players I played were Olfmeister (who is he anyway), Crazy, MrX and Viking, I didnt met dominator surprisingly. Other games I could play laying on bed with my laptop and still no probs to win.

There should be atleast 15 decent players base to make playing on ladder worth the time.

+
# 13ToxicShock Oct 1 2014, 13:29 PM
QUOTE(^RiNgO @ Oct 1 2014, 13:21 PM) *

I definitely played (and won)some 1v1s on official maps vs gentool players in the closing few days of the season, and stayed to the victory screen, yet I haven't registered anything on the ladder ????

Can you give me an example (and the time that it happened). There have been no server faults since I installed the latest version on 28 September. Occasionally, the games don't report ladder games because of a fault with the game client of one of the players in the game (all of the Command and Conquer games can do that). I just can't do anything about if everything is working properly at my end. It should not happen too often though.

+
# 14MrX Oct 1 2014, 13:51 PM
Toughest part was to get games at all RaGe.

I guess I played against around 20-25 different people who joined my games. From the top 5 I've only met Rohan once. The other three not at all.

+
# 15-DoMiNaToR- Oct 1 2014, 13:53 PM
1 and 4 live opposite sides of the world hence why 1 never sees 4 online.

4 is online when 1 is at work.

+
# 16ToxicShock Oct 1 2014, 13:58 PM
I think you guys are going to have to suggest some times. We'll give priority to the highest ranks. If you really cannot find a mutually possible time between you, then we will have to look lower down the ladder for someone that can.

+
# 17RoHaN^ Oct 1 2014, 16:08 PM
QUOTE(ToxicShock @ Oct 1 2014, 14:58 PM) *

I think you guys are going to have to suggest some times. We'll give priority to the highest ranks. If you really cannot find a mutually possible time between you, then we will have to look lower down the ladder for someone that can.

Its ok as it is, people play when they want to the real problem is there are not many decent players currently playing ladder

+
# 18Rising` Oct 1 2014, 16:45 PM
Well done Toxic.

Clan: Death and Destiny

+
# 19ToxicShock Oct 1 2014, 16:45 PM
QUOTE(RoHaN^ @ Oct 1 2014, 16:08 PM) *

Its ok as it is, people play when they want to the real problem is there are not many decent players currently playing ladder

The top 4 are all decent players, aren't they? tongue.gif Anyway, the top 3 are all within an hour of each other time zone wise (correct me if I'm wrong), so the only difficulty is going to be accommodating Herb? Herb, any thoughts?

QUOTE(Kelevra @ Oct 1 2014, 16:45 PM) *

Well done Toxic.

Thank you.

+
# 20RoHaN^ Oct 1 2014, 17:52 PM
If the top 15 would be skillwise like top 4 that would be the solution tongue.gif

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)