Company of Heroes

THIS is top tier CoH?

Closed Topic Start new topic
# 1Cycstorm Aug 21 2012, 05:08 AM
So, last night I fought my very first high-ish level player (Level 16 Wehrmacht) on Semios. I've been bouncing around between level 9-11 US for a while and was really excited to test myself against someone of alleged skill.

So, the game starts...and all the guy does is build squad after squad of Volks and move them around in one gigantic blob. Before too long he had enough Volks to make two large blobs, and then three and upgraded to Veterancy I.

And that was basically it...I made a small group of staghounds and did my best to counter with that and riflemen, but he just lit them up with panzerfausts one by one.

I tried to combat his blobbing with grenades and artillery, but I was out of munitions long before he was out of Volks.

Is this what high level CoH looks like, or did I just get unlucky? I understand there is nothing "wrong" with what he did, but it is not really in the spirit of the game is it?

+
# 2Reaper Aug 21 2012, 06:13 AM
This is just one of the strats players use at "high" level. Your counter was bad, Staghounds suck, you should go with bars and flamers, blob up, close in and eat his blob. He probably had medic bunker too, so killing his medics is a priority(and gets your rifles some free vet).

You should post this topic here.

edit: There's already a thread how to counter this strat.

Clan: CoH Mess Hall Crew

Game: Company of Heroes

+
# 3Rémy Aug 21 2012, 07:07 AM
Reaper pr0.

Clan: Insane

+
# 4TimFortres Aug 21 2012, 07:41 AM
You know blobing is really hard in this game. Especially with volks becouse BARs will eat them.

Blobs arent fun but they do require more than average skill.

Unless your british. Than you just point and click and win.

Game: Heroes of Newerth

+
# 5MagpiesFlightX Aug 21 2012, 09:09 AM
that sounds like me hmm..

anyway mr cycstorm - there is a counter to everyhting, at least on semois, if u want help u can go to replay review-section and post the replay there and others will tell you what to do next time.

if u just want to make a rant, thats fine too, just add "rant" to topic.

+
# 6Spankyy Aug 21 2012, 09:13 AM
i think that was siddy, as he did that strat vs me yesterday.

Clan: Wheres My Demo

Game: Company of Heroes 2

+
# 7Sungea Aug 21 2012, 12:06 PM
And you won? ^^

Clan: Insane

+
# 8DevM Aug 21 2012, 12:45 PM
snipers

Clan: Wheres My Demo

+
# 9SemInt Aug 21 2012, 14:09 PM
QUOTE(DevM @ Aug 21 2012, 14:45 PM) *

snipers

Not versus cheap volks.

Aaaaanyway, if you want advice, go to the Strategy Forum. If you wonder about top tier CoH play, visit the replay section and see for yourself.
If you want to complain and rant, go to the Balance Forum.

And on that note, I'll go ahead and close this thread. (I'd move it to the strat forum, but there's plenty of threads adressing it already.)

Clan: Suck it Trebek!

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)