Explore GameReplays...

CNC Zero Hour

The Biggest Noob Question

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1CrackersAndCheese Apr 26 2016, 13:58 PM
Hi there I'm new to CNC:online and have been playing kane's wrath for the most part but might start playing generals (Zero Hour) and RA3 as well, I am by no means new to RTS games online so I'd like to think of myself as a fairly competent player. I have been watching zero hour games by the awesome generals gentlemen and have a decent clue on what online play will be like but the question is why is zero hour multiplayer so much more popular than vanilla generals for high level players? Is it simply the extra craziness of the new stuff? I ask this because despite yuri's revenge and previous expansions of CNC having more stuff the High level players prefer the base games more due to less embarrassing balance. Kane's wrath is an exception because it is for most people 100 times more fun and in many ways better balanced as well.
So whats the case for zero hour?

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Phoenix- Apr 26 2016, 14:11 PM
Good question. In my opinion it is the variety of more units. CCG is pretty dead while Zero Hour grows slowly.

Game: CNC Zero Hour

+
# 3Plokite_Wolf Apr 26 2016, 14:22 PM
Vanilla Generals just died along with GameSpy. Guess it was filled with casuals who weren't quite interested on informing themselves of an alternative post-13661-1143531603.gif

Even the GameRanger populace for Generals has dwindled almost to nothingness.

You're sure to get a game in Zero Hour on C&C:Online, and tournaments take place quite frequently.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 4-DoMiNaToR- Apr 26 2016, 15:50 PM
zero hour is the latest game, more units, faster paced (from what ive seen), more active.

+
# 5Squaggle Apr 26 2016, 21:35 PM
CCG always felt really slow to me, still a good game, just ZH is more exciting from the get-go.

Clan: Casters & Co.

Game: Forged Battalion

+
# 6krew Apr 27 2016, 05:14 AM
The competitive CCG community has this goofy pride about never playing generals to focus on real life. So now all of us quit to focus on real life. With no good players, the noobs have nothing to be excited about for such an old game.

Clan: iWuB

Game: Generals 2

+
# 7trve^viking Apr 27 2016, 09:40 AM
there are few reasons i think.one might be that the original game had weird bugs,for example boxtrick,which allows you to spot enemy units/buildings under fog. or force fire,where most units do more damage when you fire next to something and not on it.
then most people played 1 army and 1 map only while its on zh random most of the time and makes it less boring.

it also used to have a small loyal community which just switched over the years,good people left,bad people remained active.
it was less active than zh when i began to play it so i guess zh attracted also more people from the start.
and it was already dead before gamespy shut down.

Clan: iWuB

Game: Graphics

+
# 8HaWkY^ Apr 27 2016, 15:45 PM
QUOTE(CrackersAndCheese @ Apr 26 2016, 14:58 PM) *

Hi there I'm new to CNC:online and have been playing kane's wrath for the most part but might start playing generals (Zero Hour) and RA3 as well, I am by no means new to RTS games online so I'd like to think of myself as a fairly competent player. I have been watching zero hour games by the awesome generals gentlemen and have a decent clue on what online play will be like but the question is why is zero hour multiplayer so much more popular than vanilla generals for high level players? Is it simply the extra craziness of the new stuff? I ask this because despite yuri's revenge and previous expansions of CNC having more stuff the High level players prefer the base games more due to less embarrassing balance. Kane's wrath is an exception because it is for most people 100 times more fun and in many ways better balanced as well.
So whats the case for zero hour?

I've always thought it's cause with ZH you have so much more variation in terms of units and it's a lot less buggy than generals. But the people who play generals are pretty good and it's more competitive than ZH imo. However I'm just fucking amazing and no one can challenge me on either.

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 9meany Apr 28 2016, 10:48 AM
ccg is more balanced than zh. zh is faster and runs smoother with more units, but it's irrelevant anyway because no one plays ccg anymore. If imbalance troubles you, perhaps you should play more team games because it's less imbalance on teamgames, because the probability of getting 2 inferior armies is slim since there are many armies.

Game: CNC Generals

+
# 10HaWkY^ Apr 28 2016, 16:00 PM
You're no CCG expert.

Clan: -MaD|

+
# 11xezon Apr 29 2016, 22:05 PM
QUOTE(HaWkY^ @ Apr 28 2016, 18:00 PM) *

You're no CCG expert.

Your mama is no CCG Expert.

Clan: MENTAL

+
# 12Leikeze Apr 29 2016, 22:39 PM
ohmy.gif

Clan: WbG

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)