Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

The maps and the community [Consultation]

Would you like to have more new maps?
9.52% (4)
No. Official maps are more than enough for me.
0.00% (0)
No. Official + remake of official maps are more than enough for me.
0.00% (0)
No. Official + remake + some old new maps (up to 1.02+ R7) are more than enough for me.
7.14% (3)
No. 1.02+ R11 maps is more than enough for me.
4.76% (2)
Yes. I'd like more remakes of official maps.
47.62% (20)
Yes. I'd like more brand new 1vs1 1.02+ ranked maps.
11.90% (5)
Yes. I'd like more brand new 2vs2 1.02+ ranked maps.
9.52% (4)
Yes. I'd like more brand new 3vs3 1.02+ maps.
0.00% (0)
Yes. I'd like more unranked noob friendly maps
4.76% (2)
Yes. I'd like more Renegade Wars maps.
4.76% (2)
Yes. I'd like new custom rules maps (multiplayer).
0.00% (0)
Yes. I'd like more single player missions.

Total Votes: 42
Guests cannot vote 
Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Predatore Aug 11 2016, 14:50 PM
Hi everyone. It's been more than a year since I've made a new map; and there is a possibility of me coming back to map making. pirate.gif

Making new maps may take a lot of time. In example, maps like Armaggedon Mountains, which 1/4 of the map is mirrored 4 times, can be done in 15 to 20 hours. Maps like Vista Valley, which half of the map is mirrored, can be done in 35 to 40 hours. Maps like Renegade Wars, which is not mirrored at all, and have custom objects and many reskins and some scripting to make day-night cycles, may take 75 to 100 hours to make (excluding the 99.9% of the scripting and modding made be CGF, and all the testing and balance made by many players).

Map makers make maps for different reasons. Some make them for their own fun, some make them for money, but I do it because I like to watch other players playing in them (be it in replays, vods, live-streams, tournaments, etc). So, if you consider the amount of time needed to make them, to make a map pack of them, and then you consider how often players play in them, you'll know if it's worth creating those maps.

Please, vote in the poll, and tell us (me and other map makers that may the reading this) what do you want about new maps. Be as specific or general as you want. Which maps are your favorites? What do you like about that map? Should new maps encourage new gameplay/strategies? Do you like a map because of it's visual art-style? What should not have a map? Do you think there are too many 1.02+ maps already? etc.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Ekko^ Aug 11 2016, 14:55 PM
I think to make a good map you need to see what the other good maps have.
You can even look from your own maps. I really like tournament badlands, would love to see other new good maps from you!

+
# 3OneVISION. Aug 11 2016, 15:07 PM
I think the maps are lacking in snow and rain. A nice swampy + rainy map would be <3 <3 <3 also all the new maps have spikes, some maps without spikes would be good?

+
# 4phantom9399 Aug 11 2016, 15:10 PM
QUOTE(OneVI$ION @ Aug 11 2016, 23:07 PM) *

I think the maps are lacking in snow and rain. A nice swampy + rainy map would be <3 <3 <3 also all the new maps have spikes, some maps without spikes would be good?

This! +1

+
# 5OneVISION. Aug 11 2016, 15:14 PM
I think a swamp themed map pack would be brilliant tbh! i'd really appreciate it

+
# 6Predatore Aug 11 2016, 15:17 PM
QUOTE(Granola17 @ Aug 11 2016, 11:55 AM) *

I think to make a good map you need to see what the other good maps have.
You can even look from your own maps. I really like tournament badlands, would love to see other new good maps from you!

A "good" map is just an opinion. What makes a good map is different for different players; and the interesting part is to share that info here. There are a lot of maps that I think that are very good, but players almost don't play in them. Saying you like Tournament Badlands is info I can use.

QUOTE(OneVI$ION @ Aug 11 2016, 12:07 PM) *

A swampy+rainy map would be interesting. Map spikes are added to encourage early gameplay and discourage excesive base camping (and some cheap rush stretegies which are benefited from not spending money in engineers+scouts at game start).

+
# 7Flamedremon Aug 11 2016, 15:21 PM
Please add some more climactic maps? Ied always like the idea of rift bc of its odd number of green fields instead of even.
Maybe one with 5/7 green fields with the contested one being far away but with the most starting tib? A blue field surrounded with multiple garrisons and chokes? I dunno. Something great that has the ability to be everlasting like rift.

+
# 8Ekko^ Aug 11 2016, 15:39 PM
QUOTE(Predatore @ Aug 11 2016, 15:17 PM) *

A "good" map is just an opinion. What makes a good map is different for different players; and the interesting part is to share that info here. There are a lot of maps that I think that are very good, but players almost don't play in them. Saying you like Tournament Badlands is info I can use.
A swampy+rainy map would be interesting. Map spikes are added to encourage early gameplay and discourage excesive base camping (and some cheap rush stretegies which are benefited from not spending money in engineers+scouts at game start).

By good i meant what most people play. I like vista valleys and the other new maps and i think they good maps too just not many people play them.

+
# 9derand411 Aug 11 2016, 15:52 PM
If i could i would vote for everythng here that starts with "Yes", not just one

+
# 10AggressivePanda Aug 11 2016, 16:26 PM
My favourite is winter meltdown by far, having the opportunity to rush for certain garrison-able structures around the map to maintain vision and by extension control of the area. This combined with the choice of two fields that each have their benefits and downsides and both cater towards different styles and builds. Specifically the centre and north and south fields respective to the players side on the map.

In addition the lack of spike poker and blue tiberium means the player who plays the best and micros his units the hardest is most likely to win over the other. Furthermore the two field choices for expansion after the 2nd expansion almost guarantee late game eco, this usually ends up in a big push as ether player tries to deny the economy of the other. The large open spaces on winter meltdown are able to satisfy even the largest armies. Only through the southern and norther choke points stacking comes into play.

That's why I find the map fun. Similarly I like smashed decision, tournament alpine and vista valley for the same reasons.

If you could make something similar to those maps where micro and macro matters over anything else.

Clan: FeaR

+
# 11Zypherbullet Aug 11 2016, 16:30 PM
Nice to see you back biggrin.gif. I've been getting pretty decent at modding and artwork, so if you encounter anything from another game (bfme, ccg, ra3, tt) or need something new from scratch, just ask and I'll probably be able to help you out. Without a doubt your maps will make it into a new map pack, so why not add some custom assets? I'm also starting to be decent with particle systems (like the redzoneambientfx), so these particles may add just that extra touch biggrin.gif.

Clan: FeaR

+
# 12Predatore Aug 11 2016, 17:38 PM
QUOTE(Flamedremon @ Aug 11 2016, 12:21 PM) *

Please add some more climactic maps? Ied always like the idea of rift bc of its odd number of green fields instead of even.
Maybe one with 5/7 green fields with the contested one being far away but with the most starting tib? A blue field surrounded with multiple garrisons and chokes? I dunno. Something great that has the ability to be everlasting like rift.

OK, thanks for the info. Keep in mind that maps which have many garrisons and chokes are the maps less played by veterans, since they consider those maps "noobish" and most times they don't meet the requirements for ranked maps.

QUOTE(Granola17 @ Aug 11 2016, 12:39 PM) *

By good i meant what most people play. I like vista valleys and the other new maps and i think they good maps too just not many people play them.

OK. It's nice to hear you like Vista Valleys and other new maps; but as far as I can tell (based on replays uploaded, vods, live-streams, and maps chosen by players in tournaments) people don't play in the new maps, and they just play in official + some remakes over and over again. So, if a good map is what most people play, then most players don't want more new maps (and that's what I'll think for veterans who don't participate in this topic).

QUOTE(derand411 @ Aug 11 2016, 12:52 PM) *

If i could i would vote for everythng here that starts with "Yes", not just one

I would do the same. But making maps takes so much time, that it's almost impossible to make that many maps now.

QUOTE(AggressivePanda @ Aug 11 2016, 13:26 PM) *

My favourite is winter meltdown by far...

Thanks for your detailed feedback Panda! It's been a long time since I've seen a new vod from you in one of my maps wink.gif (have a look at this replay)

QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Aug 11 2016, 13:30 PM) *

Nice to see you back biggrin.gif. I've been getting pretty decent at modding and artwork, so if you encounter anything from another game (bfme, ccg, ra3, tt) or need something new from scratch, just ask and I'll probably be able to help you out. Without a doubt your maps will make it into a new map pack, so why not add some custom assets? I'm also starting to be decent with particle systems (like the redzoneambientfx), so these particles may add just that extra touch biggrin.gif.

I've seen some of your topics in the KW Mods section, and you've done some great work! Adding some C&C 4 assets to some new maps might be very nice (but is that legal?). If I see enough support from the community, if people play in the new maps (i.e.: in INCA's Open), and I come back to map making, I'll ask for your help. This topic + knowing how much people play in my maps will help me decide. Thanks!

+
# 13Plokite_Wolf Aug 11 2016, 18:17 PM
QUOTE(Predatore @ Aug 11 2016, 19:38 PM) *
Adding some C&C 4 assets to some new maps might be very nice (but is that legal?).

An RA3 mod uses TW and TT assets (pretty nicely, too) and nobody complained.

+
# 14TheWankBank Aug 11 2016, 18:23 PM
Thanks man for considering this, I really appreciate it.

I would love rain maps like the ones in Zero Hour when you face Generals Townes, with epic music and rainy maps like that, we could have fun. tongue.gif

This is more of a request, can we have the rainy maps emit some particles on the ground and on units? everyone on high graphics or ultra can see them? if not, then that's fine too.

Again thank you for considering this. biggrin.gif

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 15OneVISION. Aug 11 2016, 21:21 PM
oh and those storm effects with rain would be awesome.. if you do consider making more maps combine those 2 effects together

+
# 16Ekko^ Aug 11 2016, 21:28 PM
make
smashed rift
twisted badlands
smashed arena
twisted decision

+
# 17incapaisa Aug 11 2016, 21:51 PM
New Maps are welcomed..

Just learn from your previous maps..
You want to encouarage "different gameplay"

People don't want "different gameplay"

Make maps pretty with multiple routes to fight and flat terrain..(not like abyss)

Also and i brought this up before remove some maps from the 1v1 ranked map pool..
Sc2 does this well..if not people will still play rift, decision and arena a thousand times for their rank..
If these maps are removed just from RANKED play and you put in other maps it will encourage players to play certain maps which will only be in the ranked map pool

These dudes care about there rank..well mix up the ranked map pool...and you will see an increase in the playing of your new maps and other maps etc

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 18Ekko^ Aug 11 2016, 22:02 PM
New ranked pool every week? chosen by random

+
# 19incapaisa Aug 11 2016, 22:06 PM
QUOTE(Granola17 @ Aug 11 2016, 18:02 PM) *

New ranked pool every week? chosen by random

every week would be dumb

but monthly be cool.since the ladder wars..i guess..

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 20Ekko^ Aug 11 2016, 22:10 PM
QUOTE(incapaisa @ Aug 11 2016, 22:06 PM) *

every week would be dumb

but monthly be cool.since the ladder wars..i guess..

YES

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)