Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Thoughts: first day playing KW

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Bullishflag Feb 22 2015, 06:41 AM
Thanks for all the help in last post. Special thanks to grannola17 for coaching me, he is a great teacher and make me more confident to play : )

I played KW for more than 1 year in 2008, after 6 years, I see tournament on Youtube and and install the game again.

It surprised me that this game is not dead and my favorite map: redzone rampage, is still popular, it reminds me the good old days

I played 15 games, like 3 wins and 15 losses. I play like a noob and someone call me useless idiot sad.gif

I used to be a noob but I feel people now are a lot better than before. It seems that all people have a system to play the game.

Also I think this game is too intense and consume too much brain power. When I am playing league of legends, I just need to control one champion with 4 spells,

and I find controlling a prodigy is already more difficult than playing LOL. You need to expand, build units, scout, harass, reading maps, starting a huge battle.... and in a huge

battle you have to control millions of units. It is like controlling 10 champions in LOL by myself. (To your information, LOL is about 2 team battle, 10 players and champions in

a small map)

I love this game, but this game is just too difficult, micro control is just too much and make it very noob unfriendly. I enjoy the strategy but not the multi-tasking

I think the game would be better if players can choose,

for example, 2 player playing 1 army. 1 player will be responsible for expansion and building units and another will be responsible for battle.

+
# 2Thanatos Feb 22 2015, 08:09 AM
For people starting out, micro is always one of the hardest things to master in most RTS games, it is simply done with practice. You can learn the build orders without playing but you cant learn micro without playing tongue.gif
The best thing you can do is just keep playing (everyone else will say this as well). Im always happy to help you out with build orders etc. If you want to get in touch with me to ask me questions or to send me your replays my skype is: "treyarch_sucks" (i made that skype back when I played cod professionally tongue.gif)

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Maze. Feb 22 2015, 08:43 AM
QUOTE(Bullishflag @ Feb 22 2015, 06:41 AM) *

I played 15 games, like 3 wins and 15 losses.

Doesn't that make it 18 games?

Clan: Exceptionally Skilled

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 4DarkWarrior Feb 22 2015, 09:44 AM
In default hot keys, E, F1, R, F1, E, F3, E, F2. Learn it, live it, hell, just do it. Remember the build order (it can vary, of course), scout, SEE what opponent is doing and build to counter. Expand as soon as possible (to keep up at the very least or out eco) Cover that expansion. Open that can of whoop arse and let them have it. Getting used to maps being played helps as well. Many like to smack talk, don't let it get you down. Practice, practice, practice. ;-)

+
# 5Ekko^ Feb 22 2015, 11:08 AM
Don't give up man, just keep practising
When you'll get better, u ll find the game a lot easier

+
# 6TRIberiumX Feb 22 2015, 11:16 AM
I think you can try to get better at the game by picking the less micro-consuming factions and strategies.
For starters, go for a more defensive strategy of defending and counter-attacking. Make the enemy waste units while you build up yours and then go for a steamroll.

A game doesn't have to be fast paced. The pace of the game can be dictated by both players, even if one try to pressure it to quicken and get more micro-intensive. smile.gif

Take your time and just enjoy the thought process of building and planning. If you have a solid foundation on the strategies and positioning, adjusting your micro skills can come later, and they can come more easily.

After all, practice makes perfect. smile.gif

Game: None

+
# 7AggressivePanda Feb 22 2015, 11:24 AM
Give me a replay and ill do a video providing all the help I can give in the form of visual and vocal. <-------- This replay analysis

Clan: FeaR

+
# 8Masterleaf Feb 22 2015, 12:20 PM
I'm really new to sc2 and I feel the same way about that game...

+
# 9TRIberiumX Feb 22 2015, 12:55 PM
QUOTE(masterleaf @ Feb 22 2015, 20:20 PM) *

tongue.gif
I'll never ever get used to SC2. Sometimes I play well, most other times I just flood resources.
All in all, I still can't get use to it even after a few years XD

+
# 10incapaisa Feb 22 2015, 15:41 PM
lols..comparing this to League of Legends..
league of legends is for simpletons..not amazed its so popular..

dude it just takes time..and games in

keep playing..don't let the losses affect you or discourage you..and u will get the hang of it

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 11Plokite_Wolf Feb 22 2015, 18:16 PM
QUOTE(incapaisa @ Feb 22 2015, 16:41 PM) *
lols..comparing this to League of Legends..
league of legends is for simpletons..not amazed its so popular..

IPB Image

+
# 12AggressivePanda Feb 22 2015, 19:58 PM

I played 15 games, like 3 wins and 15 losses. I play like a noob and someone call me useless idiot sad.gif

These people are idiot and are the ones that give kanes wrath a bad name.

+
# 13Stayer231 Feb 23 2015, 05:36 AM
QUOTE(masterleaf @ Feb 22 2015, 13:20 PM) *

SC2 is difficult to get in, but fun when you are in. smile.gif KW is the same way. It is a little easier to get in than SC2, but when you are in it is even more fun to play.

+
# 14Bullishflag Feb 23 2015, 06:38 AM
Thanks for all the help , will definitely get a teacher when I am serious about the game. This community is so helpful smile.gif

Gonna try Scrin mothership tactic, see if it works tongue.gif

I think SC2 is a bit easier, micro control of units are smoother

+
# 15Stayer231 Feb 23 2015, 07:10 AM
QUOTE(Bullishflag @ Feb 23 2015, 07:38 AM) *

Thanks for all the help , will definitely get a teacher when I am serious about the game. This community is so helpful smile.gif

Gonna try Scrin mothership tactic, see if it works tongue.gif

I think SC2 is a bit easier, micro control of units are smoother

They are smoother and therefore the game is a lot more hectic. KW is a lot easier to master believe me, no offence to the best players here. Micro control is easier though, but macro is a lot harder in SC2.

I think Inca can be a good teacher. He helps out other new players out a lot. But if you want to get in some real action, there are a ton more and better maps than redzone ^^, made by predator.

+
# 16Zypherbullet Feb 23 2015, 10:55 AM
QUOTE(Stayer231 @ Feb 23 2015, 08:10 AM) *
But if you want to get in some real action, there are a ton more and better maps than redzone ^^, made by predator.

And yourself thumb.gif

+
# 17incapaisa Feb 23 2015, 12:58 PM
wow..Stayer mentioned me..
(Blushes)
I helped out TwinAero and OmgNinja...with just some general pointers.. and practice games

if u want some practice games just hit me up on skype

Im not a great player..just an average one..but i do know the meta game and probably help with a pointer or two..

also post a replay..I don't mind looking at it..and giving some feedback..
anything to help a new or old returning player

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 18WarStorm666 Feb 23 2015, 14:07 PM
Hey,
I would advise you to try out Black Hand or Traveller 59!

Basicly u just need to fast leg desi/reckoner rush and then follow it up with more inf spam. With Black-Hand get black disciple upgrade and spam like 30-40 rockets/cabals. Meanwhile expand, get 3 Spikes and then either tech up or go 3 wf allin.

GL Hf

+
# 19RRcabal Feb 23 2015, 14:13 PM
All the best early game rushes are with BH and Trav 59, like warstorm said.

+
# 20Masterleaf Feb 23 2015, 14:34 PM
Macro is boring in sc2. It just takes far too long in the current state of things. Blizzard realized that and porposed a huge economic change for lotv... I'm not patient enough to wait 10 mins to saturate two bases before anything big happens...

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)