Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Ultimate Collection

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1incapaisa Jan 28 2015, 21:45 PM
Sorry..i don't know where to post this..or what section..
I just post here since I am the most active in this forum

Is this a good purchase..
anything i should be worried about this compilation..

I never played any of the Red alert series aside from Ra3.. and never played the tib sun series..
so I figured I pick up to complete the oldies..

um
anything i should be worried about this purchase b4 i go ahead

https://www.origin.com/en-us/store/buy/c-c-...tandard-edition

I can get it on torrent etc..but i rather just buy to have in one nice package..etc..

well once again..sorry don't know where to post this general question

Game: Team Fortress 2

+
# 2AggressivePanda Jan 28 2015, 22:28 PM
I'd say move to support forums? Also it's a amazing purchase I got kw on steam and origin due to my purchase of the ultimate collection.

Clan: FeaR

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Plokite_Wolf Jan 28 2015, 22:54 PM
The first 3 C&C titles are freeware. You'll be better off getting them from CnC-Comm.com.

+
# 4incapaisa Jan 28 2015, 22:59 PM
thanks for the link wolf..i check it out
and thx panda for the post

+
# 5phantom9399 Jan 29 2015, 03:58 AM
I got the ultimate collection for $5, I think it is quite worth it even though you will have to do a lot of extra things for Generals, RA3 and Zero Hour to be able to play them online.

+
# 6DarkWarrior Jan 29 2015, 04:46 AM
QUOTE(phantom9399 @ Jan 28 2015, 21:58 PM) *

I got the ultimate collection for $5, I think it is quite worth it even though you will have to do a lot of extra things for Generals, RA3 and Zero Hour to be able to play them online.

I have the Ultimate collection. The one thing you might not get on the free one that is guaranteed is they play on modern computers and are x64 ready. I play them on my Vista i7 920 machine with a 590ti and on my i7 3770k with dual 780ti sli cards. works fine. On topic of early games (before RA2) you can pirate and play those on Game Ranger. Its the place to be for Sun and Firestorm. I'm Starfire19 on Game Ranger and Steam for Goo.

+
# 7incapaisa Jan 29 2015, 04:51 AM
ah cool..thx dark

+
# 8ToxicShock Jan 29 2015, 08:26 AM
QUOTE(phantom9399 @ Jan 29 2015, 03:58 AM) *

Actually, Generals and Zero Hour are far easier to play online than the other games now. You just install GenTool, then you don't need the C&C:Online launcher. You just launch the games normally and Gentool does the work of connecting you to the server.

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 9Plokite_Wolf Jan 29 2015, 08:39 AM
QUOTE(DarkWarrior @ Jan 29 2015, 05:46 AM) *
On topic of early games (before RA2) you can pirate and play those on Game Ranger. Its the place to be for Sun and Firestorm. I'm Starfire19 on Game Ranger and Steam for Goo.

Excuse me, but pre-RA2 games are, as I said, freeware (EA released them as such years ago). Also, they aren't supported by GameRanger. And they have a multiplayer lobby at http://cncnet.org

For the lazy ones:

Tiberian Dawn + Covert Operations, patched to 1.06c r3: http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cnc95upd/cc95p106/
Red Alert 1 + Counterstrike + Aftermath, patched to 3.03p-Iran: http://iran.cnc-comm.com/ra/
Tiberian Sun + Firestorm, patched to 2.03: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?ac...sa=view;down=41
Tiberian Sun patcher (required for modern systems, fixes numerous issues): http://funkyfr3sh.cncnet.org/files/ts/TSpatch.exe

As for Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge, you can either purchase them as part of TUC, or snatch copies off eBay/Amazon.

XWIS still supports the servers for TS/FS/RA2/YR, but a YR lobby for CnCNet is currently being tested.

[/facts]

This post has been edited by Plokite_Wolf: Jan 29 2015, 08:46 AM

+
# 10incapaisa Jan 29 2015, 10:54 AM
thank u so much for the links..
free is free..
i really want the single player campaign really anyway

i can't see my self playing online with those old games..to be honest..

thank u so much wolf

+
# 11IISpartacus Jan 29 2015, 15:10 PM
I really like the Ultimate Collection, despite my previous misgivings with Origin with the Battlefield series. It's a piece of cake to download each game and 10$ is honestly nothing at all to have the ease of mind to know you can delete them and reinstall at your leisure without having to go through a myriad of links to download the free versions. And for what it's worth, at 10$, pretty much every one of those games is "free" when you consider what most retail for, even now (provided you don't own them already).

I also really like the special feature music compilation of all games in the C&C universe as a downloadable album. So much easier than digging through all of the interwebs to track them down for free. $10 was well worth the saved effort imo, as I value my time more than that. (get r3kt Wolfie wink.gif )

+
# 12Plokite_Wolf Jan 29 2015, 15:28 PM
1) The classic games require the patched versions I linked to, else they won't run properly on modern PCs. Victory Games didn't know shit about them. And even if they do run, they'll be left with a myriad of bugs and crashes these links fix.
2) The soundtrack and art are for US residents only because whoever was in charge of the TUC project was a dickwad and apparently thought the map of the USA is the world map.

This post has been edited by Plokite_Wolf: Jan 29 2015, 15:34 PM

+
# 13IISpartacus Jan 29 2015, 15:39 PM
QUOTE(Plokite_Wolf @ Jan 29 2015, 10:28 AM) *

1) The classic games require the patched versions I linked to, else they won't run properly on modern PCs. Victory Games didn't know shit about them. And even if they do run, they'll be left with a myriad of bugs and crashes these links fix.
2) The soundtrack and art are for US residents only because whoever was in charge of the TUC project was a dickwad and apparently thought the map of the USA is the world map.

I've run most of those games without any issue at all in single player. Not sure what other people are having as issues.

Off-topic

+
# 14Plokite_Wolf Jan 29 2015, 15:53 PM
QUOTE(IISpartacus @ Jan 29 2015, 16:39 PM) *
I've run most of those games without any issue at all in single player. Not sure what other people are having as issues.

Black screen in Tiberian Sun, Tiberian Sun hating Windows 8/8.1, graphical glitches across all games, occasional odd behaviour of RA1, having to avoid Disruptors fire south when on the south edge of a map because it would crash (TS), tanks rolling over sandbags adjacent to the map edge crashing the game in RA1, artificial factory speedup cap in Aftermath v3.03 (usually, the more factories of the same type you had, the faster you'd create units, which was artificially capped to 2 in that version for no reason), difficulty of finishing some Counterstrike missions due to having to hunt for hidden Submarines....

List goes on. Literally.

Tiberian Dawn 1.06 patch changelogs
Red Alert 1 3.03p-Iran changelog
Tiberian Sun patcher changelog

Forgot to mention they also bring some nifty features, like observer mode in Red Alert 1 (on CnCNet definitely, dunno about internally)

+
# 15incapaisa Jan 29 2015, 16:24 PM
omg..
wolf vs sparty..

yeh the money is not an issue..to be honest..

but if its available free why just throw it away...when a few minutes of reading/browsing etc..

Thank u sparty for your feedback tho and wolf..wow..ur clutch dude

+
# 16Plokite_Wolf Jan 29 2015, 16:46 PM
Yeah, by buying TUC, you'll only get legit RA2/YR and Gen/ZH if you haven't played them, which may justify a purchase at a discount, though they too need workarounds (RA2 less so than Generals). RA2 and YR are brilliant games, while Generals and Zero Hour only have good MP (the SP is just effortless).

Hit me up if you have ANY trouble with the games' functionality. I know common fixes and am in touch with their respective patch makers.

+
# 17incapaisa Jan 29 2015, 16:47 PM
nice..thank you..i will ask if i run into any issues..

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)