Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

VOOBLY

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1ledesma Dec 9 2016, 11:43 AM
Someday the resurgence of the witch king will be on voobly?
Voobly has ranking system and also better connection.
it's just a question.
Would be very good for the competitive community of 2.02 and also for 2.01.

+
# 2Plokite_Wolf Dec 9 2016, 12:17 PM
Nah. Everyone's currently on GameRanger, and if anyone migrates, it will be when T3A:Online finally gets RotWK support. No sense in moving to Voobly now.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3Excelsior Dec 9 2016, 12:39 PM
Unfortunately it's a lot harder to get a community to move platforms than it sounds. Though I am curious as to Voobly's capabilities. Anyway, RotWK is due to receive it's own online server, as PW stated, which is our first priority.

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 4Mako Dec 9 2016, 15:22 PM
I like voobly. AOE2 Time

+
# 5brabox Dec 9 2016, 15:35 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Dec 9 2016, 13:39 PM) *

Unfortunately it's a lot harder to get a community to move platforms than it sounds.

Well everyone jumped to GameRanger really quickly when the official servers stopped biggrin.gif

Joking aside, I don't see the 2.02 community sticking to something that's clearly inferior. IMO if there's an in-game matchmaking system (optionally with automatic reporting) that should already do the trick for the competetive crowd. No more doding, what else could you want?!
In the worst case, you could continue using GameRanger for FFGs if the alternative offers no advantages.

Game: Rise of the Witchking 2.01

+
# 6TaDa! Dec 9 2016, 16:27 PM
Lol i doubt voobly will support this game. Dunno why u think there is "better connection". In this sense for me connection is the same in Voobly or gr. If u hope another server will remove lags of this game - i doubt it, because it depends on game not server. Voobly strength is in another - pro rating system with reports(with scores, map of the game, players location there, time etc. Thats how part of usual report looks like there - http://i.imgur.com/pwL4tnM.png ) and replays autouploading, games updating all the time, widescreen modes, such cool features as MQ(Multi-Building Queue), observers mode that allows like tens of ppl in room watch a game without causing any lags cause they watch it with special delay like 30 secs, u can even load some replay there and watch it with your friend and voobly will synchronize it for u both. Btw u can spam one while he is playing and he will see your messages ingame) He even can answer u if minimize the game. U can turn it off ofc if choose mode like - not disturb while playing or smth like this. I like Voobly.

P.S. Lol they even added pre-game and in-game chats in reports - http://i.imgur.com/uoPr9Yx.png Didnt know that.

This post has been edited by TaDa!: Dec 9 2016, 16:48 PM

+
# 7Excelsior Dec 13 2016, 13:47 PM
I'm almost curious to see how other platforms operate and the potential they hold for certain games. Obviously it is our aim is to have RotWK's community transition over to the new server, but it's still interesting to see how each platform differs.

+
# 8Muadd Dec 13 2016, 21:30 PM
Only way rotwk leaves gr is autoreport and lag fixed. Without those its not worth even trying

Clan: GoF|

+
# 9Excelsior Dec 14 2016, 01:17 AM
QUOTE(DogMatti @ Dec 13 2016, 21:30 PM) *

Only way rotwk leaves gr is autoreport and lag fixed. Without those its not worth even trying

We can get manual reporting, which can be handled pretty easily. That shouldn't be an issue. As for lag fix, we'll see how that comes along.

+
# 10Muadd Dec 14 2016, 10:05 AM
Manual reporting and not guarenteed lag fix wont get people to play on t3a servers. Thought they already tried this in bfm1 and 2 lel.
Gameranger is just better in every possible way without those things

Clan: GoF|

+
# 11brabox Dec 14 2016, 11:23 AM
QUOTE(DogMatti @ Dec 14 2016, 11:05 AM) *
Manual reporting and not guarenteed lag fix wont get people to play on t3a servers. Thought they already tried this in bfm1 and 2 lel.
Gameranger is just better in every possible way without those things

The disadvantage of GameRanger + Clanwars is you can see who is online and pick your opponents. Clearly, a matchmaking system would be preferred where online players are invisible and you just get matched with someone and be forced to play them or lose points.

+
# 12Excelsior Dec 14 2016, 14:18 PM
QUOTE(brabox @ Dec 14 2016, 11:23 AM) *

The disadvantage of GameRanger + Clanwars is you can see who is online and pick your opponents. Clearly, a matchmaking system would be preferred where online players are invisible and you just get matched with someone and be forced to play them or lose points.

Yeah. Sometimes anonymity is a lot more desirable. Depends I guess.

+
# 13brabox Dec 14 2016, 14:25 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Dec 14 2016, 15:18 PM) *

Yeah. Sometimes anonymity is a lot more desirable. Depends I guess.

You'll always need the friend/room based approach, though. Not everyone wants to play competitively.
That said, GameRanger already offers that approach, so I think our "new" platform should have some form of matchmaking.

+
# 14Mako Dec 14 2016, 15:21 PM

Staff really take a look of this link. It is a sort of presentation of Voolby compared to Steam. I think voolby is far better than GR. Prolly it has also a autoreport system.

This post has been edited by Mako: Feb 1 2017, 23:18 PM

+
# 15Plokite_Wolf Dec 14 2016, 15:47 PM
Voobly must explicitly support a game before you can even think of migration. Then, there's the question of whether or not it's just a plain LAN emulator like FailRanger is.

Please, just drop the idea. RotWK doesn't need to migrate people to two different places.

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 16Mako Dec 14 2016, 16:32 PM
QUOTE(Plokite_Wolf @ Dec 14 2016, 15:47 PM) *

Voobly must explicitly support a game before you can even think of migration. Then, there's the question of whether or not it's just a plain LAN emulator like FailRanger is.

Please, just drop the idea. RotWK doesn't need to migrate people to two different places.

I agree. Anyway, as you can see in video, there are a lot of stuffs that imo are really cool in voolby. It has all rotwk needs.

Ofc now isn't supported but this problem can be solved! Staying with failranger isn't a solution.
Anyway i wanna enlight this also because i like voolby tools. So i hope that when rotwk server will be online, it will have many of his tools (i'm pretty sure it will never happen).

+
# 17^Striker^ Dec 15 2016, 03:45 AM
Greetings,
I don't believe a community transition would be viable nowadays and i don't think the Gamereplays staff would put the effort to advertise it to make it happen. Back when the servers closed, we lost more than half of the player base (and perhaps more than that). I remember other online platforms were proposed like Tungle and Hamachi but the GR staff strongly advertised Gameranger so it prevailed. Anyway, over the years, the game status in Gameranger has had its ups and downs but my feeling is that the community has had many new player additions. These new additions in combination with the old players who might want to come back could give the game a new fresh start on a new reliable server, which leads me to my question :
Slightly off-topic but I (and many others) have been waiting for that T3A online server (i suppose still in the making?) since the official server shutdown. I mean, even though so many years have passed and i don't play regularly nowadays, the idea always excited me. I'd like to ask staff and anyone who might know something about when approximately it will be available. I've seen this asked quite a few times before and maybe i've missed the answer. I just hope it won't be a big letdown.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)