Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Version Problem ROTWK

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1Matt82500 Oct 10 2015, 15:57 PM
Hello guys !

I've recently decided to come back on BFME2 with friends.
We use hamachi to play together, even if it's not easy, we have lots of great moments !

We'd like to use the extension ROTWK and RJ mod, but some of us have a problem of version...
Each time we start the game, we have a different version like 0.27500 or 0.17596, which is not usually possible...

We cracked the game (even if some of us have the original one) and followed several methods, included the 2.02 patch,
Without any success...

It could be great if somone helped us with that !
By the way, we are open to other players who would like to play with us !

Matt

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 2Excelsior Oct 10 2015, 16:01 PM
Hello Matt82500, welcome to GameReplays. smile.gif

I believe the reason you're having issues with the game versions is because your game's cracked. Cracked games pose a number of issues to online game play. It's suggested that you download your game from this site here (if your game came cracked). Otherwise, I'd suggest using a CD image to launch the game. Visit this topic here for an extensive guide on how to get your game going.

This post has been edited by Excelsior: Oct 10 2015, 16:07 PM

Clan: Brothers of War

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 3Excelsior Oct 10 2015, 16:07 PM
Topic moved to the RotWK 2.02 Technical Support forum.

+
# 4bushit Oct 10 2015, 17:02 PM
Don't use crack.

Clan: GoF|

+
# 5TheDestroyer001 Oct 10 2015, 17:53 PM
Crack killls.

But on a serious note, cracked games are bad and have issues. I have tutorial videos on my YouTube channel if you need help with downloading and running the BFME2 and RotWK games with mounting programs and image files which require no cracks. You can find the playlist of those videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz5l...9AxArLD1ZHPlNQD
Also some downloads were removed from that site that Excelsior linked like the Key Generator and patch switcher. I uploaded the patch switcher again myself and there's a link in the BFME2 download video description but the key generator has no download link. Message me on YouTube or here if you need a CD key and I can generate one for you.
If you have an original copy of the game, just run it normally and don't crack it and it should work fine... in theory.

+
# 6Excelsior Oct 10 2015, 18:17 PM
QUOTE(TheDestroyer001 @ Oct 10 2015, 19:53 PM) *

Crack killls.

But on a serious note, cracked games are bad and have issues. I have tutorial videos on my YouTube channel if you need help with downloading and running the BFME2 and RotWK games with mounting programs and image files which require no cracks. You can find the playlist of those videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz5l...9AxArLD1ZHPlNQD
Also some downloads were removed from that site that Excelsior linked like the Key Generator and patch switcher. I uploaded the patch switcher again myself and there's a link in the BFME2 download video description but the key generator has no download link. Message me on YouTube or here if you need a CD key and I can generate one for you.
If you have an original copy of the game, just run it normally and don't crack it and it should work fine... in theory.

I've found that key generator bothersome anyway. tongue.gif If push comes to shove, just search for the key on Google. I can assure you, there are many keys hovering about on Google, so you'll have no trouble finding one.

Wait, they have a patch switcher on forshire's site? That's interesting. I wouldn't advise downloading switchers from there. The page isn't updated on a regular basis.

Otherwise, I think YouTube tutorials are a great idea, Destroyer. thumb.gif I think a lot of people prefer visuals over reading instructions.

+
# 7Lazarus° Oct 10 2015, 18:58 PM
If push comes to shove, just search for the key on Google. I can assure you, there are many keys hovering about on Google, so you'll have no trouble finding one.

Keys from generator should be unique, while these found on some sites are not, two persons with same key cant play via LAN.

+
# 8TheDestroyer001 Oct 10 2015, 23:29 PM
QUOTE(Excelsior @ Oct 10 2015, 10:17 AM) *

I've found that key generator bothersome anyway. tongue.gif If push comes to shove, just search for the key on Google. I can assure you, there are many keys hovering about on Google, so you'll have no trouble finding one.

Wait, they have a patch switcher on forshire's site? That's interesting. I wouldn't advise downloading switchers from there. The page isn't updated on a regular basis.

Otherwise, I think YouTube tutorials are a great idea, Destroyer. thumb.gif I think a lot of people prefer visuals over reading instructions.

Like Lazarus mentioned, you don't really want people using the same keys which is why the generator is nice. It is troublesome though as it flags my antivirus if i use it so I have to temporarily disable it to generate keys lol.

The patch switcher that WAS on Forshire's site is just fine as it only works for regular BFME2 to switch between 1.00, 1.06 and 1.08. It works perfectly and I use it all the time.

Yeah the video tutorials have helped a lot of people. You wouldn't believe the amount of questions and issues I get asked about though as my tutorial is for Windows 7 and it's not quite exactly the same process for Windows 8 and 10 so many people have issues. I have managed to help out a lot of people to enjoy the game again though so it's rewarding as well.

+
# 9Excelsior Oct 11 2015, 05:52 AM
QUOTE(TheDestroyer001 @ Oct 11 2015, 01:29 AM) *

Like Lazarus mentioned, you don't really want people using the same keys which is why the generator is nice. It is troublesome though as it flags my antivirus if i use it so I have to temporarily disable it to generate keys lol.

The unfortunate event of downloading the key elsewhere. However, as you mentioned, it can be problematic with the anti-virus and cause other minor bothersome issues. It's just not worth it, at least for me. We've had the situation where a completely newly generated key wasn't joining a game because it was apparently the same as the host's. So I wouldn't hold my faith in the key generator. tongue.gif

The patch switcher that WAS on Forshire's site is just fine as it only works for regular BFME2 to switch between 1.00, 1.06 and 1.08. It works perfectly and I use it all the time.

Ah yes, if you're talking about the BFME 2 patch switcher, it's definitely there. However, it's not the latest version (1.6). You can visit the BFME 2 section to download the latest version.

Yeah the video tutorials have helped a lot of people. You wouldn't believe the amount of questions and issues I get asked about though as my tutorial is for Windows 7 and it's not quite exactly the same process for Windows 8 and 10 so many people have issues. I have managed to help out a lot of people to enjoy the game again though so it's rewarding as well.

Yeah, absolutely.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)