Explore GameReplays...

Rise of the Witch King

Weird Unit Animations?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1The Smoking Man™ Apr 11 2015, 13:48 PM
Hey,

Is it only me who thinks that the unit animations are weird like 50% of all time? You won't notice it in-game unless you actually pay close attention to the units themselves.

Things like:
1. Spider riders weird bow motion, kinda robotic.
2. Men of Dale and many other archer types, reaching the arrows on their back with their hand but like 5 times in a second?
3. Thranduil skiing the whole map on the ground WTF? Why can't he just walk or run properly? Same for Legolas I guess.
4. Many many other non-smooth transitions and animations.

Could these be improved?

Game: Rise of the Witch King

+
# 2Phoenix Apr 11 2015, 14:00 PM
Yes, this is because EA didn't do a great job on some of them. I don't think they're an immediate priority though. Andy has a lot to deal with for v5.0 as it is, but it's worth considering for future versions.

Clan: Corruption of Light

+
# 3Andy San Apr 11 2015, 15:17 PM
it depends guys.

+
# 4bushit Apr 11 2015, 15:20 PM
NO I'M FINE WITH ANIMATIONS JUST GIVE ME 5.0

Clan: GoF|

+
# 5Excalibur Apr 11 2015, 15:27 PM
Animations seem ok to me. Keep in mind that if you lower the animation setting from the game you will notice those weird animations especially when they attack.

+
# 6The Smoking Man™ Apr 11 2015, 15:35 PM
QUOTE(Excalibur @ Apr 11 2015, 16:27 PM) *
Animations seem ok to me. Keep in mind that if you lower the animation setting from the game you will notice those weird animations especially when they attack.

I'm on ultra high.

+
# 7Val` Apr 23 2015, 11:57 AM
It's likely because of poor rigging, which is the process of binding a model to a skeleton. I'm the Rigger for S.E.E. Heres an example of what it looks like. If there are any you had in mind flick me all the info and model names

Detail level does not affect anim's.

Attached Image

Clan: Unr3al

Game: Battle for Middle Earth 2

+
# 8Excalibur Apr 23 2015, 23:48 PM
I reduced the animation setting to the lowest thinking it will affect the animation video intro at the beginning but surprisingly enough I found extremely weird attack animations in-game.

+
# 9The Smoking Man™ Apr 24 2015, 01:35 AM
QUOTE(Excalibur @ Apr 24 2015, 00:48 AM) *
I reduced the animation setting to the lowest thinking it will affect the animation video intro at the beginning but surprisingly enough I found extremely weird attack animations in-game.

That setting won't affect a unit's behavior, it's not what we're referring to.

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)