Commanders, we have some results from the Kane's Wrath WorldBuilder Challenge;

IPB Image

Read the Challenge discussion topic

Discuss the results here!

Clan: Mates First

Game: Command and Conquer 3

+
# 2Hydrolase Dec 16 2014, 16:07 PM
Well done guys. I have my work cut out for me if I intend to take the top spot tongue.gif

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 3AggressivePanda Dec 16 2014, 16:10 PM
Nice, let the testing begin!

Clan: FeaR

+
# 4P.Eden Dec 16 2014, 16:40 PM
Man that battleship looks sexy!!!! They all look awesome though, great job guys!

+
# 5IISpartacus Dec 16 2014, 16:41 PM
#NewMapHype

Will have to try these puppies out!

+
# 6Stayer231 Dec 16 2014, 16:55 PM
Already a new version ready with all the feedback in mind is made. Now lets the testing begin. smile.gif
Good luck too you all!

+
# 7Predatore Dec 16 2014, 17:38 PM
QUOTE(Stayer231 @ Dec 16 2014, 13:55 PM) *

Already a new version ready with all the feedback in mind is made. Now lets the testing begin. smile.gif
Good luck too you all!

Where have you uploaded it? I want to test it smile.gif

@ToxicShock (or somebody from GR Staff): Could you make the hidden topics of the submitted maps from Kane's Wrath Custom Maps visible to everyone? That way, the map makers can upload their new test versions in their map topics, and the final version, and everybody is able to test it and provide feedback.

+
# 8Zypherbullet Dec 16 2014, 18:15 PM
The Custom Maps forum had already been reverted to normal.

+
# 9Predatore Dec 16 2014, 18:21 PM
QUOTE(Zypherbullet @ Dec 16 2014, 15:15 PM) *

The Custom Maps forum had already been reverted to normal.

In that case, these topics...

- Wasteland Circles (from Stayer231)
- Volcano Valley - World Builder Contest (from Hydrolase)
- Ice Arena - Worldbuilder Submission - AggressivePanda

...should be moved from the hidden Map Contest Staff Deliberation Area subforum to the public Kane's Wrath Custom Maps forum.

+
# 10IISpartacus Dec 16 2014, 18:32 PM
QUOTE(Predatore @ Dec 16 2014, 13:21 PM) *

In that case, these topics...

- Wasteland Circles (from Stayer231)
- Volcano Valley - World Builder Contest (from Hydrolase)
- Ice Arena - Worldbuilder Submission - AggressivePanda

...should be moved from the hidden Map Contest Staff Deliberation Area subforum to the public Kane's Wrath Custom Maps forum.

Seeing that none of those threads contained any discussion from the judges, I've moved them all back to the Custom Maps forum. They should all be visible now to anyone interested in looking at them.

On that note, I did notice that there are two separate threads for the Volcano Valley map (appears to be original & v2 in separate threads). Should these be merged, or would it be better to just remove v1 from view while players are testing the maps and providing feedback? I would imagine that two threads for one map would be very confusing to people that aren't paying close enough attention (which will be most). I'll leave that up to Hydrolase to decide.

+
# 11RRcabal Dec 16 2014, 19:32 PM
I would like to try them too. smile.gif

Game: None

+
# 12IISpartacus Dec 16 2014, 20:50 PM
QUOTE(Cabal^ @ Dec 16 2014, 14:32 PM) *

I would like to try them too. smile.gif

I just realized that there isn't any linkage in this thread/portal post to the maps themselves.

Here's a make-shift set of links in the meantime:

Ice Arena by AggressivePanda

Volcano Valley v2 by Hydrolase

Wasteland Circles by Stayer231

+
# 13Hydrolase Dec 16 2014, 23:31 PM
I have a new version, just hold tight until it's ready! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Hydrolase: Dec 17 2014, 00:17 AM

+
# 14Predatore Dec 16 2014, 23:39 PM
QUOTE(Hydrolase @ Dec 16 2014, 20:31 PM) *

I actually have an updated version ready to be play tested biggrin.gif (uploaded). Sorry if this is the wrong place *cue admin abracadabra*

Enjoy!

Make sure to update your map topic with the new beta versions (and later the final version too). Also, add a small description of the introduced changes. People should provide feedback in the respective maps topics, and not in this Wordbuilder Challenge Results topic (otherwise it would become a mess).

+
# 15Zypherbullet Dec 16 2014, 23:42 PM
I'd say do whatever you need to do to shove this map in people's faces laugh.gif Anyway, the Custom Maps section already has a topic for you. Just remove previous versions and upload the newest one. Maybe add a version number to the download name so people will know if they have the newest. You can bump this thread every time you upload a newer version. Lastly, zipping the folder is preferred over rar'ing smile.gif.

+
# 16phantom9399 Dec 16 2014, 23:56 PM
QUOTE(IISpartacus @ Dec 16 2014, 16:41 PM) *

#NewMapHype

Will have to try these puppies out!

Let me know when you are free and I will join you :3

Congratulations to all the competitors, I must admit it was extremely hard to decide on a winner, I personally think you are all winners.

+
# 17Stayer231 Dec 17 2014, 19:28 PM
For feedback and the updated map Wasteland Circles go here.

+
# 18AggressivePanda Dec 18 2014, 19:19 PM
Here my updated map Ice_Arena Final. Please update as it has improved allot since the last version.
http://www.gamereplays.org/community/index...p;#entry9717184

+
# 19Stayer231 Dec 19 2014, 12:46 PM
UPDATE: On Saturday 20th of December I will upload a new version of the map. If there is any kind of feedback you would like to submit to be implemented in tomorrow's update, please submit your feedback here.

Do not worry if you do not have the time to test the map before Saturday the 20th. Your feedback will be included for the final version of Wasteland Circles before the 23th of December, which is the end date for the challenge. Any replays you want to submit of any game on this map you have played online are welcome and can be uploaded in the same thread as well.

I will try to be online between 17:00 and 19:00 GMT on Saturday the 20th. Thanks in advance for testing this map.

P.S. Do not forget to check out the other maps as well. They can be found here and here.

This post has been edited by Stayer231: Dec 19 2014, 12:52 PM

+
# 20Hydrolase Dec 19 2014, 22:56 PM
Hey guys.

Attached is the latest version of my map! Please ignore the previous versions.

An alternate post will be made on the Custom Forums with a list of the many changes and improvements since the first stage of the competition ended. All these maps are fantastic so I won't be too hard down by if either of the other guys nab that top spot.

With that being said, I hope you enjoy playing the level and make the most of the potential that Volcano Valleys has to offer!

[i]After a failed attempt by a rouge group of Marked of Kane bandits to seize and destroy an outpost under GDI control, an Elite group of Steel Talons track the culprits into the heart of the Yellow Zone from which they are thriving. During this immense journey tracking them through some of the most desolate and baron lands in the eastern Hemisphere, they discovered a marvelling truth about why the Marked faction is so prominent in this particular region, despite constant operations by GDI to subdue and eliminate the forces present.

It is discovered by the Talons that Tiberium is thriving in these lands, and they're quickly becoming Redzones at a much more accelerated and sustainable rate than usual; the perfect environment for Kane to invest heavily into a massive harvesting and refinery operation, GDI fear.

Volcano Valley is just under the half way mark of these newly formed volcanic lands, and presents the perfect location for a GDI research group to study the effect of the naturally occurring volcanic environment and the affinity for Tiberium without becoming overly exposed to the Wrath of Kane. Researchers are speculating that the intense heat and heavy presence of multiple chemical compounds are contributing to the growth of the organism, but the hazardous environments are proving difficult to tame and both factions are struggling to conquer these toxic and unfriendly estates.

Can you?

Attached File VolcanoValley_beta.rar
Size: 749.33k
Number of downloads: 32

This post has been edited by Hydrolase: Dec 20 2014, 01:38 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)