Explore GameReplays...

Kanes Wrath

Yet another Kane's Wrath replay tool

Reply to this topic Start new topic
# 1BoolBada Oct 22 2014, 11:20 AM
Hi

There's a very good tool at http://airlea.nl/kwrt/, which allow players to save their replays semi-automatically. However, I've decided to write my own tool since even the semi-automatic feature doesn't work for me. (and time stamp is all broken for me, which tells me that a replay is played at 48-50-1841 sad.gif )

Basically the new tool is a KWRT clone with some improvements:

* Automatic replay saving
* Modify/EMBED description into the replay. <- which exploits unused feature of the replay format
* Rename with time stamp, (like KWRT)
* Search replays by player, map, description or replay file name.
* Supports UTF-8. No more unreadable information! (especially on LAN played games people seem to use unusual letters in their name)
** Description is a canonical feature of the replay, don't be too afraid to use it!
** There's a proof you can change it safely. "No match description" you see in the interface is actually the embedded message in the replay. If a German version of the game saved the game, you get "Kein Spielbeschreibung", as shown in the screen shot below.

From v1.4.1, the tool features advanced analysis:
* Actions Per Minute (APM) calculation. Export to CSV or plot it on screen.
* Plot estimated resource spent by players (estimation!!, mind you!). Export to CSV or on screen plot.
* Dump build order of players to text files
* Estimated unit distribution (population graph), CSV or plot
* Dump commands (raw contents of the replay dumped to text, except for the scroll commands)
* Timeline graph (with structures/movements dotted on the minimap image)
* Shatabrick search
* "Also known as" feature will give smurfing users a static nickname of your choice.

v1.5.0 lets you analyze RA3, Tiberium Wars replays!
* Shatabrick search now searches newer records on the Revora server.
* Filter, can filter with logic, similar to Google search. Try searching "gdi and nod", "gdi and (t59 or nod)". Add quotes for literal search, like Google search.
* Better default values for scale/offsets in the time line viewer.
* After mass-renaming functions, replay(s) that containing (Rnd) in the file name may be resolved by right clicking on the replay and selecting "Resolve random". The replay viewer will run deep analysis on the replay and resolve it as (Rnd_Nod) or alike.
* Random resolving + logical search combined will let you search for ST vs Nod smile.gif Useful for researching faction specific builds.

For the plot features, you need gnuplot installed:
The official site: http://www.gnuplot.info/
Direct download link: http://sourceforge.net/projects/gnuplot/files/gnuplot/4.6.6/ , Get gp466-win32-setup.exe.

Most recent release:
https://github.com/forcecore/KWReplayAutoSa...ases/tag/v1.5.2

Optional Map preview data (maps.zip):
https://github.com/forcecore/KWReplayAutoSa.../tag/map_v1.1.0
Many thanks to Plokite_Wolf and Predatore for their work!
NOW INCLUDES RA3 MAP PREVIEWS

Homepage:
http://forcecore.github.io/KWReplayAutoSaver/

The source codes are available at GitHub:
https://github.com/forcecore/KWReplayAutoSaver

Edit: added homepage URL
Edit: v1.2 released
Edit: v1.3 released
Edit: v1.3.1 released
Edit: v1.4.1 released
Edit: v1.4.3 released
Edit: v1.4.4 released
Edit: v1.5.0 released
Edit: v1.5.1 released
Edit: v1.5.2 released

Exported replay timeline example:
IPB Image

This post has been edited by BoolBada: Jan 11 2015, 09:25 AM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Game: Kanes Wrath

+
# 2Thanatos Oct 22 2014, 11:37 AM
Wow, thats actually pretty cool. Good job! I'll let you know if I find any bugs

+
# 3IISpartacus Oct 22 2014, 15:29 PM
Sweet, I'll have to check this out.

+
# 4s2nz0 Oct 22 2014, 15:38 PM
Wow, finally, so sweet this is what i was searching for years, i know one tool like your and totally different existed and with the automatic replay save and i had it, but i lost it and i really couldnt refind it again

GG

Clan: FeaR

+
# 5s2nz0 Oct 24 2014, 00:32 AM
It's working nicely smile.gif

Can i give you some opignion?
- More option in the renaming would be cool
- Change date&time to [date&time] for better recognization
- Include all name in 1v1-2v2 then for +5p the way you doing is fine (and betwen include a "vs")
- Name of the local player should be displayed to avoid confusion when like in tournament everyone upload his replay (as for 2v2 it look like "player2 vs player 3 player4")
- One instance only

Keep up the good work wink.gif

Peace

+
# 6BoolBada Oct 24 2014, 00:40 AM
OK smile.gif
Those improvements all look nice, i'll get them into the program in the next version wink.gif

QUOTE(s2nZ0 @ Oct 24 2014, 09:32 AM) *

It's working nicely smile.gif

Can i give you some opignion?
- More option in the renaming would be cool
- Change date&time to [date&time] for better recognization
- Include all name in 1v1-2v2 then for +5p the way you doing is fine
- One instance only

Keep up the good work wink.gif

Peace

+
# 7s2nz0 Oct 24 2014, 18:57 PM
I'm waiting for it with impatience tongue.gif

+
# 8BoolBada Oct 26 2014, 08:09 AM
V1.2 is here! https://github.com/forcecore/KWReplayAutoSa...ases/tag/v1.2.0

v1.2 brings many improvements:

* Detect if the program is already running, allowing only one may run at a time
* Time stamp is now surrounded by brackets ([]) by default
* Time stamp format can now be customized
* Better player information extraction:
* Faction information can be added
* Includes all player names in 1v1 and 2v2 games such as "[2014-06-02T1401] BoolBada (Nod) & spc (BH) vs MacroHard (GDI) & FallingBirdNoWings (R17)"
* Selecting multiple replays allow batch renaming in the replay manager

+
# 9s2nz0 Oct 26 2014, 09:39 AM
Yeah so good, it's awesome

I download and try wink.gif

E: Oh yes, it's well done. Adopted

- Replay manager still open others instance, i should have mention it to you last time
- Also, in going to continue feedback, does it can work on tiberium wars too? with only one instance of the replay auto saver? and maybe ra3 too? not sure if it can be compatible
- An .exe installer can be welcome too(im fine with the zip)
- Show minimap and even on 1.02+ version? this one i think it gonna be hard as new release can come a day tongue.gif
- oh can you make in replay manager a re-sizeable line betwen the players list, and the replays listed below, i have tons of it, i wanna have a better look on all them, if you can, i dont want to charge you
- can you class them by number of players by adding after timestamp like a [1v1], [2v2],.. and maybe [FFA] ? all that as an option?
- commentator appear with player name, like this player1 vs player2(postcommentator) vs player3
- re add for others maybe the 1p(2p,3p,4p,..) in the renaming option
*Well if you listen to me, you gonna have tons of works ^^'

Anyway at this state, for me, this is good and complete, i didnt had unwanted bug at all

Peace

NB: This have to be pinned !

This post has been edited by s2nZ0: Oct 26 2014, 10:56 AM

+
# 10BoolBada Oct 27 2014, 01:21 AM
QUOTE(s2nZ0 @ Oct 26 2014, 18:39 PM) *

- Replay manager still open others instance, i should have mention it to you last time
- Also, in going to continue feedback, does it can work on tiberium wars too? with only one instance of the replay auto saver? and maybe ra3 too? not sure if it can be compatible
- An .exe installer can be welcome too(im fine with the zip)
- Show minimap and even on 1.02+ version? this one i think it gonna be hard as new release can come a day tongue.gif
- oh can you make in replay manager a re-sizeable line betwen the players list, and the replays listed below, i have tons of it, i wanna have a better look on all them, if you can, i dont want to charge you
- can you class them by number of players by adding after timestamp like a [1v1], [2v2],.. and maybe [FFA] ? all that as an option?
- commentator appear with player name, like this player1 vs player2(postcommentator) vs player3
- re add for others maybe the 1p(2p,3p,4p,..) in the renaming option

* short term improvements for the next version:
- Resizable players list is very easy to do.
- The player list generator is smart enough to generate [1v1] [2v2] stamps. I'll put them in as a non-default feature.

* long term improvements for future versions:
- Advanced search features: # of players in the game, maps, multiple conditions with "AND/OR" logic
- Tiberium Wars would be nice, I failed to search TWRT. RA3 replays have very similar format to KW. I can work on these if people want, in the long term. Maybe in December.

There are some issues to discuss before getting my hands on!
- # of replay manager instances can be restricted with ease but I thought it was a feature, to have them show multiple folders! I don't know if restricting is more useful than this.
-- I don't think all of the 3 games can be handled with one instance. But there are some complications here. The last replay file can be monitored wit one instance but, when people launch the replay manager, which folder shall it show? I think one instance for each game is the way to go.
- Minimaps can be done but requires extraction of all map data, seems like too much work for me XD.
- Exe installers will be quite nice for users but it will complicate future versions. To support 3 games, it will require installing the program 3 times!, which installers don't usually support doing that.
- Commentators/Observers can be distinguished and appear with the player names. But I think this information will be too much, possibly overwhelming useful information.

+
# 11Plokite_Wolf Oct 27 2014, 07:48 AM
QUOTE(BoolBada @ Oct 27 2014, 02:21 AM) *
- Tiberium Wars would be nice, I failed to search TWRT.

Here you go.

QUOTE(BoolBada @ Oct 27 2014, 02:21 AM) *
- Minimaps can be done but requires extraction of all map data, seems like too much work for me XD.

I can assist. It will take a while, but I think it's worthwhile for easier searching and comprehension.

+
# 12BoolBada Oct 27 2014, 08:23 AM
QUOTE(Plokite_Wolf @ Oct 27 2014, 16:48 PM) *

Here you go.
I can assist. It will take a while, but I think it's worthwhile for easier searching and comprehension.

Thanks! I especially need assistance with 1.02+ maps. If you decide to help me, please send me the map preview images through my email = ssanzing at gmail.com

+
# 13Plokite_Wolf Oct 27 2014, 08:24 AM
What will be your supported image size and format?

+
# 14BoolBada Oct 27 2014, 09:49 AM
PNG is preferable but I can convert them easily. Size doesn't matter as the program can stretch/shrink them to fit on screen.

+
# 15Predatore Oct 27 2014, 20:10 PM
Here are the minimaps of all 1.02+ maps (including the new ones of R10). They are 222 x 222 pixels, in JPG format, and they include the start locations as seen in the map selection menu.
Attached File 1.02__R10_Minimaps.zip
Size: 1.58mb
Number of downloads: 84
Player Name Side Team

@Plokite_Wolf: it would be great if Gamereplays updates their minimaps for all 1.02+ maps too wink.gif

Edit: This Zip file contains the minimaps at 40p and 120p, with the 1.02+ watermark, in JPG format. Also, there is a txt with the list of the map names as they'll be in the 1.02+ R10 .big files (it's the .map file name, not the in-game display game). That's what I've understood Gamereplays needs to update the minimaps.
Attached File 1.02__R10_Minimaps_120p_and_40p.zip
Size: 692.54k
Number of downloads: 70
Player Name Side Team

This post has been edited by Predatore: Oct 28 2014, 21:57 PM

+
# 16BoolBada Oct 28 2014, 00:29 AM
OMG the author himself! Thank you very much!

+
# 17AggressivePanda Oct 28 2014, 01:01 AM
I'm always privlaged to in the presents of the mighty predator. Also them thumbnails will make life so much easyer when I create thumbnails for my videos thank predator. smile.gif

+
# 18Plokite_Wolf Oct 28 2014, 22:26 PM
For the sake of consistency and having a complete replay tool, here are (hopefully) all stock 1.00-1.02 maps by EA/Breakaway. 222 x 222 to match Predatore's format, pure PNG, sorted by supported player number.

Attached File KW_1.02_Minimaps.rar
Size: 4.75mb
Number of downloads: 85

+
# 19BoolBada Oct 29 2014, 00:23 AM
Lovely, they have starting points marked ! (unlike the files from KWRT)!
The programming is nearly done, stay tuned!

+
# 20BoolBada Oct 29 2014, 05:11 AM
V1.3 is here! : https://github.com/forcecore/KWReplayAutoSa...ases/tag/v1.3.0
Download maps.zip here: https://github.com/forcecore/KWReplayAutoSa.../tag/map_v1.0.0

* By right clicking a player on the player list, you can search replays involving that player. (Even if the player uses alias / changes name in network games, still searchable)
* Selecting a replay now shows minimap for that game, if you have maps.zip with the replay saver, where library.zip and autosaver.exe are.
** Download maps.zip from here: https://github.com/forcecore/KWReplayAutoSa.../tag/map_v1.0.0
** If a map preview is missing and in maps.zip, the missing file name will be copied to clipboard. (for maps.zip developers)
* Batch deletion implemented.
* Faster replay filtering
* 1v1, 2v2, FFA tag can be added, optionally.
* Player list can be resized to occupy smaller space on screen

I guess I should work on the exe installer in the next version, as the installation now requires maps.zip (which is as larges as the program+library)

This post has been edited by BoolBada: Oct 29 2014, 05:59 AM

+

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)